updates on how everyone is doing?

3 posters

Go down

updates on how everyone is doing? Empty updates on how everyone is doing?

Post by kdp59 Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:06 am

we are good here in rural PA.....wife and I are doing pretty extreme social distancing (probably more so than we would, but most of those around us don't seem to believe this is an issue for some reason). Paper products shortage here, like most places I assume, but everything else still in good supply in our area.

all children/Grandchildren seem healthy, in Ohio, Milwaukee, Boston and here also. 3 out of the 8 adults are still heading out to work though

talked with my sister who lives in Puerto Rico and she and her husband both are sick with fever and and fatigue now, so I assume they have it. They are early 50's and so far treating at home as they want to stay away from hospital.

we had a friend suddenly die the other day who lives in Texas, but we don't know if it is related to Covid-19 or not.

Hope everyone is doing OK and that we are soon on the downside of this wave at least.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

updates on how everyone is doing? Empty Re: updates on how everyone is doing?

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Kdp,

Still bored to tears here in NorCal but doing the social distancing thing.  The numbers are flattening out here, in part because we locked down early.  I do not know anyone, personally, who has come down with COVID-19.

The same cannot be said for Steve3344.  He doesn't post much here but I talk with him regularly.  He just lost 2 very close friends to COVID-19.

According to Dr. Birx in her White House briefing we are flattening out nationally but, still, have not hit peak.  The infection rate Is dropping.  Social distancing is working.

Hang in there, folks.  To quote Churchill, this isn't the beginning of the end but it is the end of the beginning.  This is no time to take our eyes off the ball and regress.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:09 pm

Still hanging in here, no problems to speak of. I will sit and wait until I hear from my cardiologist at MGH about heart surgery. (Sam is always in the back of my mind, God bless him). I can only pray that at some point in the next month things level off enough to squeeze me in there and get this over with. I believe, though, that I am looking at June at the earliest.  I feel like a walking time bomb!!

Every one in my family is healthy, kids, sisters and brother. Even my 85 year old uncle in staying away from everyone, this is the last thing he needs to get. 

You know Bob, I was thinking about Steve the other day. What a mess they are in in New York. On top of that, the mayor and governor are arguing over school cancellation. Our guy has said he is not ready to make that decision to cancel the year. Tough on kids trying to get into schools after graduation. 

When you talk to Steve, give him my best and tell him to take care

I guess that is about it.  One lonely Easter Sunday I can tell you that.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down