beat,

I think the key word there is "man".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Official LeBron thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official LeBron thread

Post by beat Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Yeah I know. but I thought it fit in with everything else crazy going on with this!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:15 pm

I can't make any defense of how Lebron handled this situation with the free agency. I have defended him on several occasions on this and BDC, but this negatively redefines my image of James. He also tried to saction the shameful "festivites" under the guise of the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. I thought James would be the standard bearer for the return of pride and a title team to Cleveland like the premier football player of all time, Jim Brown did in '64 when he and Gary Collins beat Johnny U. and my Colts. With the misery he caused the folks of Ohio, I can just imagine how Indiasnbacker is taking this, James is not worthy to clean Jim Brown's toilet. James has sunk to Kobe-esque levels. I hope his physical condition rivals that of Sam Bowie in Portland for his (James') time in Miami_MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:37 pm

MDCelticsFan wrote:I can't make any defense of how Lebron handled this situation with the free agency. I have defended him on several occasions on this and BDC, but this negatively redefines my image of James. He also tried to saction the shameful "festivites" under the guise of the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. I thought James would be the standard bearer for the return of pride and a title team to Cleveland like the premier football player of all time, Jim Brown did in '64 when he and Gary Collins beat Johnny U. and my Colts. With the misery he caused the folks of Ohio, I can just imagine how Indiasnbacker is taking this, James is not worthy to clean Jim Brown's toilet. James has sunk to Kobe-esque levels. I hope his physical condition rivals that of Sam Bowie in Portland for his (James') time in Miami_MD

MD,

You say that this sinks LBJ to Kobe-esque levels.

I'm not a big fan of KoME's game. I think he's one of the most selfish ballhogs I've ever seen play, but I'll give him this: he didn't quit on his team and go to San Antonio in the mid-2000s after Shaq left, and LA looked like it was stuck in mediocrity, just to win a championship. He hung in there and said "this is MY team, I own this town and we're going to build around ME and bring a championship HERE".

The Lebron-a-thon put James far below Kobe in that respect.

As you can tell, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying, I'm just adding a little mustard to it.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 pm

I don't wish Lebron well in general. I ceased finding him and his game appealing a long time ago, as he toppled into the Wilt Chamberlain Club (opponents who arouse my antipathy just for their presence in the league). But I certainly don't wish physical problems on Lebron (or anyone).

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:31 pm

Sam wrote:I don't wish Lebron well in general. I ceased finding him and his game appealing a long time ago, as he toppled into the Wilt Chamberlain Club (opponents who arouse my antipathy just for their presence in the league). But I certainly don't wish physical problems on Lebron (or anyone).

Sam

sam,

I have a soft spot for smart players. Always have.

If a player with exceptional physical gifts were to lose some of them (injury, illness, age, refs actually calling fouls on them like every other player) and we could then see how they compared with other less gifted players with IQ, would that be "wishing physical problems" on them? I'm not suggesting they have to join a wheelchair league, just be like everybody else and see if they can still compete. Is wishing "the mean" on them bad karma or, in the case of self-centered egotistical prima donnas, just plain karma?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Bob,

Oh I'll definitely hope for misfortune to Lebron—but short of injuries. (Actually that was also my previous stance.) I was responding to a specific earlier post which specified an injury situation.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:54 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/LeBron-James-booed-at-Carmelo-Anthony-s-wedding?urn=nba,255384

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:23 pm

Here is a funny spoof on "The Decision":

http://www.3030fm.com/2010/07/15/espys-spoof-of-lebron-james-the-decision/

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 pm

Here is a video from youtube of "The Decision" in case you haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=20kVck0u5Cw&feature=related

Are you still a nail biter? The Official LeBron thread - Page 6 Icon_king

Awesome question!! The Official LeBron thread - Page 6 Kopfschuettel

What did he mean when he said, "It's not about Sharon"? The Official LeBron thread - Page 6 Icon_razz

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Technically, this doesn't have to do with LeBron directly, but it's got his oderous influence all over it.

Here's an article by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, who usually does a pretty good job of calling it like it is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-paulfuture072310

Chris Paul had come into the NBA with so much of Kevin Durant’s pureness of purpose: humble, grateful, still the kid who worked summers pumping gas and changing tires at his grandfather’s gas station in North Carolina. He constructed himself a reputation of values and character, and separated himself in all the best ways.

He should stay on course to be his generation’s Tim Duncan, but that no longer appeals to Paul. He’s veered the wrong way, into the wrong clutches. Bad enough that LeBron James damaged his own standing in the sport this summer, he wants to take down Chris Paul with him too.

James, his business manager Maverick Carter and powerbroker William Wesley have far too much influence over Paul’s career, and they’re running it right out of the sunshine and into darkness. They’re using Paul as a commodity to elevate their clout, to show how they can take a player with no contractual leverage and muscle him out of New Orleans.

What they don’t care about – and maybe don’t understand – is that Paul built such a beautiful, unique relationship with the city of New Orleans. He’s been so truly invested there, a beacon and ambassador in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Yet, the James gang see these bonds as disposable and they’re convincing Paul of it, too.

In a Twitter pronouncement on Thursday, King James declared, “Best of luck to my brother [Chris Paul] … Do what’s best for You and your family.”

James was referencing Paul’s half-baked trade request that’s come through Worldwide Wes. Do what’s best for your family? Here’s an idea: What Paul ought to do is run away from James, Wesley, Carter and not stop moving until he’s returned to New Orleans and reaffirmed the obligations he’s made there. No, this isn’t a championship team, but a franchise player reveals himself in good times and bad.

What’s best for Paul’s family is best for everyone’s family in the NBA. It needs James to restrict the polluting onto others of his own warped value system. James plays for the Miami Heat, but somehow he wants control of transactions elsewhere, too. He wants the building of these so-called super teams to protect his own legacy, to make it look like he isn’t the only superstar searching for the easy way to championships.

Wesley has been running around for months trying to orchestrate a trade for Paul, and the packages he proposes are beyond comical. He doesn’t even know half the names of players on the rosters. CAA should take a long look in the mirror, and ask itself what kind of outfit it’s turned into with Wes running basketball operations.

Wes is a full-service middleman now: players, coaches and general managers. He has long orchestrated deals for players and coaches, but through CAA he’s also in the GM business now. Worldwide Wes was responsible for Oklahoma City Thunder executive Rich Cho getting hired as the Portland Trail Blazers’ GM. Now, Portland is one more franchise under the impression that Wes can broker a trade for Paul.

Before New Orleans hired Dell Demps as GM, Wes was asking people: Who is that guy? Now, Wesley and CAA will try to overrun the young, inexperienced Demps and coach Monty Williams with a trade demand. CAA does have a list of preferred teams, and Demps’ first act as GM should simply be to take the list and tear it up. Paul has two years left on his contract and no leverage unless the Hornets are foolish enough to relinquish it.

Paul is a first-team All-NBA talent, and you don’t trade those players. All the proposed deals for him bring back the same thing for New Orleans: far less value. Five nickels don’t add up to a quarter in basketball trades.

All this saga promises to do is cast Paul as an insolent star, and James’ group as the ultimate powerbrokers. Paul doesn’t want to hear this, but they’re preying on his insecurities. They’re using him.

In Paul’s earliest days with Team USA, officials preferred Deron Williams(notes) to him because they believed Williams was far more his own man. No one liked the way Paul was so eager to follow James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade. These changes haven’t come overnight with Paul, but over time. James, Carter and Wesley embarked on a long, orchestrated campaign to work Paul over, unfasten him from past loyalties and trusts, and transform him into a creation of their own.

And he’s let them, for no other reason than it seems Chris Paul believes this is somehow the path that will convince people that he belongs with the sport’s biggest stars. He could’ve stayed true to himself and elevated his standing, and now they’re dragging him down with them. Everyone else embraced Paul for an All-American image, for a wholesomeness, and it feels like he’s rejected it all now.

Chris Paul doesn’t need LeBron and Maverick and Wes. They need him. For their operation, Paul represents credibility. He’s always been better than this, and he needs to be again. As much as ever, the NBA needs Chris Paul to be true to his upbringing and character. Commitment always mattered to him, and it still should with the Hornets.

After all this bluster comes and goes this summer, and the Hornets don’t trade him, he still has to return to play there. All his brand new business partners have made that so much harder for him. He saved the NBA in New Orleans, and now it’s time he saves something else before it’s too late. His reputation, his good name.

All the advice that Chris Paul has ever needed out of LeBron James came calling in less than 140 characters on Thursday. Do what’s best for you and your family. Before it’s too late, Chris Paul needs to think for himself and respond with the best move of a brilliant young career: Turn around, go home and leave King James and his court of jesters far, far behind.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 pm

That is a great article! As my grandma use to say "tell the truth and shame the devil". Now we can only hope that Mr. Paul reads and gives careful consideration to Mr. Wojnarowski's words. It is amazing how the NBA and the mainstream media (legal organ and main mouthpiece being the sycophantic "world-wide leader") has boosted "the king" and his idiotic, amateuristic minions to such a level of power and influence, well Premier Stern, my grandma had another saying many of us have heard before "if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas"! It may be too late for Stern to rein in his majesty and his court of jesters but he should give careful consideration to it.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:24 pm

btw, LeBron has since admitted that he talked to Paul, suggested he request a trade AND that he be traded to a WC team "to maintain the rivalry".

He's trying to remake the whole NBA in his image.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:30 pm

bob for better or worse its a whole new era and if I was a top tier player I'd do the same thing

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:32 pm

bobheckler wrote:btw, LeBron has since admitted that he talked to Paul, suggested he request a trade AND that he be traded to a WC team "to maintain the rivalry".

He's trying to remake the whole NBA in his image.

bob

Yeah- it was interesting that Paul's wish list was originally NY and Orlando, until Lefraud's genius little buddies at LRMR realized that if Paul, Melo and Stoudenire teamed up or if CP3 joined D12, it would represent another legit threat to the Heat in the east. Enter Dallas and Portland on the "wish list".

What a charade. I really hate Ledouche now. What a jackass.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:11 pm

This has reached ridiculous proportions. Who the hell does Lepuke think he is anyway. I will never, ever, root for him, I don't care where he is. And the day he breaks a leg, arm or throws out his knees, will be the best day the NBA
can hope for. I know this sounds nasty, but there is something about someone as cocky as him that brings out the worst in fans. He probably has more people rooting against him than he ever could imagine.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:28 pm

File this under "Can it get any more ridiculous?". This has become completely farcical. This courtesy of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel:

THE LONG VIEW: Bosh said he plans to move forward with documentary plans from the video he shot during his free-agent recruitment. "The documentary is coming along great," he told ESPN. "I filmed a lot of footage. I have over 80 hours of footage taped, and I'm just trying to find out a direction and style that I want to incorporate. I might make it into an hour special." Or even more. "Well, it could be a two-hour special. It might be a mini-series," he said. "It will have a 24/7 feel. . . . I've been studying a lot and seeing what's the best avenue to take it in."

A one-hour "documentary" about Chris Bosh's free agent recruitment. Maybe I should film a docu-drama of me picking lint out of my navel when it's on TV (oh, wait a sec, a similar idea was already done by Starbury).

I can't ever remember wanting to see a team lose as much as I want to see the Heat lose. Not the Lakers, not Jordan's Bulls, not even Isaiah/Laimbeer's Pistons (and I REALLY wanted to see Laimbeer lose).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:39 pm

I'm for anything the Three Little Barnyard Animals can do to preoccupy then with their celebrity. I'm dying to see other teams huff and puff and blow their house down.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:14 am

Sam wrote:I'm for anything the Three Little Barnyard Animals can do to preoccupy then with their celebrity. I'm dying to see other teams huff and puff and blow their house down.

Sam

I couldn't agree more.
What an enormous bulls eye they have on their backs.
If LeBron couldn't take the pressure of NY, it seems like he now has the pressure of the Country on him.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 am

This thead should be retitled, "The Official LeBum Thread"-Serious,NO LOL-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:41 pm

The Official LeBron thread - Page 6 Lebron10

7 years in Cleveland, No rings

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Now Bosh is making an hour long documentary. What is the title?

I have one, but I won't print it. Now it's up to you guys!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:05 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Now Bosh is making an hour long documentary. What is the title?

I have one, but I won't print it. Now it's up to you guys!!!

"How I kissed the King's ass when he wore no clothes".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:31 am

Hey Bob: Not only the king's derierre, but Wade's Wang Wang, hoping to get a sniff of Gabrielle Union!-Bosh probably couldn't hold his girlfriend's interest for an hour, unless there was promise of a signature on a big check at the end of the 60 min. or the promise of a diamond the size of a Kobe "I',m sorry" Ring!-MD!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:03 pm

MD, Bob, Rosalie

Perhaps Mutual of Omaha could sponser this and call it...

"Wild (King)dumb"

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next