NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say

4 posters

Go down

NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say Empty NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say

Post by dboss Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:34 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29099194/nba-reopening-team-practice-facilities-friday-where-local-restrictions-eased-sources-say

The governor of Georgia has begun to lift restrictions and the Atlanta Hawks may return to their practice facility.

The mayor of Atlanta strongly disagrees with the governor because GA has yet to see a sustained 14  day decline in Covid-19 and expanded testing only includes front line workers.  They have yet to test a sampling of the population that is asymptomatic

So what do you think?  I have read where players from other teams may go to facilities that have reopened.

GA has confirmed around 22,000+ Covid-19 infections and have tested approximately 120K people.  

The NBA is chomping at the bit to get back in the game.

NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say 9k=
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say Empty Re: NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Dboss,

Personally, if every NBA player who wants to go to these reopened states to work out I'm ok with that, PROVIDING:

1.  Every one of them is tested and are negative.

2.  They rent out a hotel and all live there, like it was summer league.  

3.  They have their meals delivered to them.  No dining out.  This shouldn't be too much of a hardship since they are all millionaires, and then some.  They can afford it.

Why these additional restrictions if they are in a state that has reopened?  Because they will be returning home eventually.  Think of the mess if Georgia, for example, reopens too early.  These players, who have been isolating for weeks but are now going to a prematurely reopened place, go back to their home team facilities as their states reopen and infect team employees, who unknowingly infect their families and friends because they are contagious but not yet symptomatic, and here we go all over again.

My 2c.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say Empty Re: NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:52 pm

Clorox Chewables. We do need to keep our sense of humor about the strange things we see and hear, and call out the bizarre as well.

I'm interested to see what happens in the three southern states working on re-opening. I wrote about it in my weekly email to my clients. I have a sizeable number of clients throughout the southeastern states, and it directly affects them (as it does dboss and his family). In a search for the correct balance between stemming further financial destruction and potential spreading of the virus, the rest of the nation will be watching.

As for NBA activities in GA, I think it's fine if the players are in agreement this is a return they're ready for. For the sake of competitive balance, however, and if there were to be a season resumed or playoff rounds, I think all teams need to return at the same time.

My guess is the season and playoffs are done anyway, so the point may be moot. I don't see any realistic way to resume. Maybe best to set a goal on a league-wide start on a new season in January 2021, with training camp in November or December of 2020. May have to do a draft based on where teams sat when the season was called off. Hold it in September. Might even need to do it without workouts.

It's all a guess at this point.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:25 pm

We just saw the first ever virtual NFL draft.

By the way I think FA should take place in the NBA before the draft.

In terms of working out,  LA Fitness where I go said they would reopen and then I got an email that said they would not open yet.

Small businesses were supposed to qualify for some funding but they have  not been able to get help as needed.  So they want to open because they need the money.  Hard to blame them.  

Basketball is a nonessential activity but lots of small vendors make their living selling to fans.  But again they have had a very difficult time accessing funding.

I guess if there was a definite decline in the infection here in GA I could see some loosening of the restrictions.  

I had to go to the store a week ago.  I notices most customers had masks on.  Today at the same Kroger less people wore masks.  

In the past there has been a general consensus that the draft is a crap shoot.  Without workouts that may never be more true.  

Continue to stay safe.

We should set up a Zoom session.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:12 pm

I wonder, with the way the NBA works, they have rules for working out, training together before training came, and LIABILITY. How would the Celtics react if a few of their players went down there and then came down with the virus, what would happen? Would Atlanta want the liability of having guys from out of state coming down there??? there is so much to consider. They still have to come back to Boston, I just wonder. This is a slippery slope we are in right now. Boston is no where near opening up the city and certainly the training facility. i will be interested to see where this goes
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:45 pm

NYCelt wrote:Clorox Chewables. We do need to keep our sense of humor about the strange things we see and hear, and call out the bizarre as well.

I'm interested to see what happens in the three southern states working on re-opening. I wrote about it in my weekly email to my clients. I have a sizeable number of clients throughout the southeastern states, and it directly affects them (as it does dboss and his family). In a search for the correct balance between stemming further financial destruction and potential spreading of the virus, the rest of the nation will be watching.

As for NBA activities in GA, I think it's fine if the players are in agreement this is a return they're ready for. For the sake of competitive balance, however, and if there were to be a season resumed or playoff rounds, I think all teams need to return at the same time.

My guess is the season and playoffs are done anyway, so the point may be moot. I don't see any realistic way to resume. Maybe best to set a goal on a league-wide start on a new season in January 2021, with training camp in November or December of 2020. May have to do a draft based on where teams sat when the season was called off. Hold it in September. Might even need to do it without workouts.

NYCelt,

NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say Fb_img11

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:58 pm

What has happened during all of the NBA actions is that they have not cancelled anything, even the G League. Anyone who had tickets for games cannot get their money back until cancellation. If they are rescheduled (and I think rescheduled G League games is ridiculous), you are stuck in the middle of the summer )?) or early fall with a game you do not or cannot go to and you eat the money. Luckily my son buys the insurance on tickets he buys us as he lost $300 the year I was so sick in the hospital that we had forgotten about the tickets until it was too late. Ticketmaster is playing games with people. It is totally unfair. Think of the season ticket holders who put money out for playoff tickets in March. And paid for their parking ahead of time.
I know this sounds small when we think of what everyone is going thru but it is a fact. Another case of the rich getting richer until they have no choice but to return the money
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:18 pm

bobheckler wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Clorox Chewables. We do need to keep our sense of humor about the strange things we see and hear, and call out the bizarre as well.

NYCelt,

NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say Fb_img11

bob

That should wipe the virus out!

And everything else too.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:41 pm

Here are the guidelines for opening facilities from the NBA.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JaredWeissNBA/status/1254853973691060226

NBA reopening team practice facilities Friday where local restrictions eased, sources say EWojCPQXYAUJhw7?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down