I Love Bill Walton!

4 posters

Go down

I Love Bill Walton! Empty I Love Bill Walton!

Post by bobc33 Thu May 21, 2020 8:12 pm

For many, many reasons. Number one is his incredible enthusiasm and his fond remembrance of the 1986 team. He is on Comcast right now with Scal giving insights into that season. I swear he loves the Celtics more than even the Grateful Dead, and I’ll bet he is buried in a Celtics uniform.

The cat played essentially just one season with us, but oh what a season!

Thanks for the memories Bill. My favorite is watching home games that year on TV, and late in the first quarter though the camera would be focused on the court, you knew Bill was up off the bench heading to the scorers table because the crowd noise got louder and louder just because he was entering the game. Unreal.

Back to top Go down

I Love Bill Walton! Empty Re: I Love Bill Walton!

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 21, 2020 9:19 pm

He absolutely loved being a Celtic, he refers to himself as a Celtic to this day. Oh what a passer he was.  He was definitely the reason they won that year, he won the 6th man trophy and you would have thought it was the MVP of the league. It was fun watching him
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 21, 2020 10:30 pm

As great as McHale was, the frontline of Bird Walton and Parish was just incredible to watch, Bird with the twin towers was just so devastating. Bird was the perfect free safety on that defense, him playing with all those big guys was just so unfair.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 21, 2020 10:31 pm

I think we could have beat the all star team that year!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri May 22, 2020 9:12 am

Walton was a big part of why that '86 team is always in the conversation for greatest ever.

He is a unique individual. No other broadcaster goes down some of the paths he takes. Sometimes he even talks about the game. Entertaining as they come. Imagine if he wasn't constantly injured. A healthy Walton might have been among the best centers ever. For one or two years, he was as good as it gets.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down