Nine more NBA players test positive for coronavirus, bringing total to 25

3 posters

Go down

Nine more NBA players test positive for coronavirus, bringing total to 25 Empty Nine more NBA players test positive for coronavirus, bringing total to 25

Post by dboss Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:45 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29399820/nine-more-nba-players-test-positive-coronavirus-bringing-total-25

25 out of a pool of 351 players.  That is a 7% infection rate.  Also 10 of 884 team staff members tested positive.

The 7% rate is pretty high.  The NBA has yet to come out with a drop dead number that would cause them to stick a pin in the bubble.  The interesting thing is that these players are not in a cluster together.  They are located all over the country yet they are coming up positive.  I think it will be near impossible to stop the spread once these teams are in a cluster together.   Overall, not good news for the restart.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Nine more NBA players test positive for coronavirus, bringing total to 25 Empty Re: Nine more NBA players test positive for coronavirus, bringing total to 25

Post by worcester Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:57 pm

Actually, when participants do come to Orlando, as a prerequisite to entering the $125M bubble they will have to be tested as clean. Thereafter most people they contact will have been prescreened. I bet the NBA can pull this off, but no more than a beer. The NBA has $2B ridng on minimizing the virus amongst perhaps 2000 people. It will be one helluvan experiment.

At this point I am more worried about what a healthy Embiid, Horford, and Simmons might do to us. Sure hope RWill is healthy.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Nine more NBA players test positive for coronavirus, bringing total to 25 Empty Re: Nine more NBA players test positive for coronavirus, bringing total to 25

Post by willjr Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Victor Oladipo opts out of playing in “the bubble”. Also a second Heat player has tested positive.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:13 pm

willjr wrote:Victor Oladipo opts out of playing in “the bubble”. Also a second Heat player has tested positive.
I read that 3 Heat players have now tested positive and 2 of the three are rotation guys.

It is good that they will be tested regularly.  Someone however could slip into the bubble because of a false negative.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down