Ex-Celt Paul Westphal has brain cancer

+2
worcester
Ktron
6 posters

Go down

Ex-Celt Paul Westphal has brain cancer  Empty Ex-Celt Paul Westphal has brain cancer

Post by Ktron Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:50 pm

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-hall-of-famer-paul-westphal-diagnosed-with-aggressive-type-brain-cancer/

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Ex-Celt Paul Westphal has brain cancer  Empty Re: Ex-Celt Paul Westphal has brain cancer

Post by worcester Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:54 am

I've written about this at length in 2000 for Alternative Medicine magazine - Too Hot for Cancer? - and in my 2019 book, Can Curcumin Cure Cancer? - available on Amazon.

Glioblastomas respond well to curcumin in a whey protein blend, febendazole, and hyperthermia.

The other accepted conventional treatments rarely do work. I contacted Ted Kennedy's staff when he had this. They blew me off, since he had the experts at MGH on the case. Of course he died soon after. It's frustrating to be way ahead of the curve and dealing with MD's who are so unwilling to learn alternatives. Que Sera. I really like Paul Westphal. If anyone has a personal connection with him, please direct him to the above referenced works.

Last edited by worcester on Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Ex-Celt Paul Westphal has brain cancer  Empty Re: Ex-Celt Paul Westphal has brain cancer

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:10 am

Bravo worse your a good man

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:47 am

Thanks Cow. If I were writing about glioblastomas now, I'd be focusing on CBD.

https://oatext.com/what-are-the-perspectives-of-cannabidiol-cbd-for-the-treatment-of-glioblastoma.php#gsc.tab=0
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:05 pm

Prayers go out to Paul Westphal and his family. He only played for us for 3 years. many younger fans probably do not remember him. He helped us win the 1974 championship. I think it was one of the worst trades Red ever made and he did not make many of them.

Westphal was ready to take off when we traded him. He was a great shooter. I wish him the best.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:30 pm

dboss wrote:Prayers go out to Paul Westphal and his family.  He only played for us for 3 years.  many younger fans probably do not remember him.  He helped us win the 1974 championship.  I think it was one of the worst trades Red ever made and he did not make many of them.

Westphal was ready to take off when we traded him.  He was a great shooter.  I wish him the best.  

Why was this a bad trade? We got Charlie Scott for Paul who played an intricate role when we won the title in 76 against Paul.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:Prayers go out to Paul Westphal and his family.  He only played for us for 3 years.  many younger fans probably do not remember him.  He helped us win the 1974 championship.  I think it was one of the worst trades Red ever made and he did not make many of them.

Westphal was ready to take off when we traded him.  He was a great shooter.  I wish him the best.  

Why was this a bad trade? We got Charlie Scott for Paul who played an intricate role when we won the title in 76 against Paul.

It was a bad trade because Westphal was heading up while Scott was heading down. He was on our 76 title team that beat the Suns but he only played with us for 3 years and was injured in his second and third year. In the meantime Paul Westphal was lighting it up. I thought they were two players passing in the night. During the 5 years after the trade, Westphal averaged 20.5, 21.3, 25.2,24.0 and 21.9 PPG. Scott only logged 43 games in his second year with us and 31 in his last year and was traded in December, 77'. After that he was in decline. Many Celtics fans lamented about Westphal because he turned into the type of scorer that could have carried this team.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:08 pm

I always felt bad when I think of the Westphal trade. You are right, he was on his way up. There is no doubt about that, and he was one class player. He went on after leaving here and had a good career. He basketball IQ was excellent.

This is such sad news, I am not a medical person, so commenting on treatment is way above me. I hope he gets the right treatment but from what I have read of this cancer, it is a tough one to treat. This is what John McCain had also, and he tried alot to get past it, to no avail.

Prayers and thoughts go out to him and his family
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:00 pm

He was one of the top 2-3 guards in the L during those 5 peak years and was all NBA a few times. My cousin and I used to debate on that trade, me saying I wish we could have kept him. I was shocked how great he got at Phoenix, he was a real scoring machine and could do it all.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:14 pm

And a terrific Coach
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:41 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

It was a bad trade because Westphal was heading up while Scott was heading down.  He was on our 76 title team that beat the Suns but he only played with us for 3 years and was injured in his second and third year.  In the meantime Paul Westphal was lighting it up.  I thought they were two players passing in the night.  During the 5 years after the trade, Westphal averaged 20.5, 21.3, 25.2,24.0 and 21.9 PPG.  Scott only logged 43 games in his second year with us and 31 in his last year and was traded in December, 77'.  After that he was in decline.  Many Celtics fans lamented about Westphal because he turned into the type of scorer that could have carried this team.

Red’s goal was to win a title and thats why he made the move. Mission was accomplished. I liked Paul too but we beat his team in 76 and won 2 more titles without him. With guards Dennis, Tiny, Gerald Henderson and Ainge. Paul led his teams but none won a title.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:02 pm

Look who all of them were surrounded by, and look who Westphal had. This is not really a discussion about who was better, just a feeling of sorrow for what he is now going thru.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:06 pm

I think we would have won multiple titles with Westphal but that is speculative.  For example if Westphal was on our 76 team and Scott on Phoenix I think Boston still wins that series.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Welp. We’ll never know. Westphal was a player i was fond of. Prayers up for he and his family.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:49 am

dboss wrote:I think we would have won multiple titles with Westphal but that is speculative.  For example if Westphal was on our 76 team and Scott on Phoenix I think Boston still wins that series.

With Westpaul on that team we win even easier and Phoenix with Scott doesn't even make it to Finals. Would have been a great series us vs the defending champ Warriors, who imploded in that WCF series, with Westpaul carrying them.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by birnam Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:45 am

Westphal was a favorite of mine from day 1, and although I was happy to acquire Charley Scott, I hated to see him go. I seem to remember that part of the rationale behind the trade was that Paul played the same position as Jo Jo White, and therefore his minutes would continue to be limited, whereas Scott fit more seamlessly into the roster that the Celtics had at the time. But Westphal sure was spectacular in that 1976 Finals for Phoenix, wasn't he?!?!?

birnam

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:51 am

birnam wrote:Westphal was a favorite of mine from day 1, and although I was happy to acquire Charley Scott, I hated to see him go. I seem to remember that part of the rationale behind the trade was that Paul played the same position as Jo Jo White, and therefore his minutes would continue to be limited, whereas Scott fit more seamlessly into the roster that the Celtics had at the time. But Westphal sure was spectacular in that 1976 Finals for Phoenix, wasn't he?!?!?

Yep big guard at that time 6'4", a true combo guard could play at an all star level at either position, was great with his left hand finishing. I always thought he was very classy and had a great sense of humor in interviews.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down