Rajon Rondo will play for Team USA this summer...

Go down

Rajon Rondo will play for Team USA this summer... Empty Rajon Rondo will play for Team USA this summer...

Post by Brandon$$ Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:05 pm

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/07/rondo_excited_a.html

After a year's worth of missed phone calls, indecision and staggered negotiations,
Rajon Rondo has decided to play for Team USA this summer and will attend training camp on July 19. Rondo is hoping to land a spot on the team that will begin its quest for a second consecutive gold medal with the World Championships in Turkey beginning Aug. 28.

Rondo appeared ambivalent about playing for Team USA during the Celtics regular season but his agent, Bill Duffy, told the Globe during the NBA Finals that he would consider the invitation when the Finals concluded. Rondo spoke with team chairman Jerry Colangelo and committed to the camp Saturday.

"It took me a while to make a decision due to my extended season," he said in a statement to the Globe. "With other guys not being able to participate this summer, I'm glad that I can come in to help the team succeed and represent my country."

Rondo averaged 13.7 points, 9.8 assists and 4.4 rebounds for the Celtics and emerged as one of the league's top point guards with his dominant playoff performance.

He will join Russell Westbrook, Tyreke Evans, Chauncey Billups, Chris Paul and Derrick Rose as point guards in the Las Vegas camp.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down