Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Playoff Round 1, Game 3, Away

+3
worcester
gyso
bobheckler
7 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Playoff Round 1, Game 3, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Playoff Round 1, Game 3, Away

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:27 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2020/08/comments-from-other-side-sixers-game-3.html?m=1

.by FLCeltfan

MY NOTE:  My favorites are in bold.  What are yours?

Part of me wants them to keep getting housed. 1. they deserve it 2. it will lead to major changes however because I have problems, I will watch it and still be mad. So I go back to my old Doug Collins era ways of...don't get swept. both teams played hard. Lose in 5. If we win, do noooooooot get any hope. Save yourselfs.

40 point loss please. Josh Harris head on a pike please.

You can only get rid of an owner if he is caught recorded saying racist things to his mistress. Otherwise, just ask our Knicks friends.  (MY NOTE: Now there's a real dumpster fire)

My expectation for this game is so low that any entry pass thrown to Embiid that doesn’t result in a turnover is a win in my book.

Once Brad realizes Kanter can neutralize Joel it’s a wrap.

If Kanter can neutralize Jo, then that speaks volumes about Jo.

It’s all about conditioning, Kanter is a bigger body and he wears Joel down physically on both ends. Theis is just a speed bump.

I want to see Embiid get like 40pts 20 reb the rest of the way even if its losses and I'll be a tiny bit happy

Yes please, we need to increase his trade value more!

Boston has our number. We're outmatched, out coached, out classed and Brett has no answer other than his Christopher Walken impersonation. It's over.

At the very least, If the sixers lose tonight it won’t be nearly as embarrassing as what the nuggets are doing rn lmao

well nuggets won a game at least lol

Yeah but something tells me the sixers aren’t gonna lose any of these games by like, 40 like the nuggets are right now

Sixers down 0-2 to the Celtics: Is that confetti game redemption music I hear?  (MY NOTE:  Only if it sounds like a funeral dirge)

Horford starting again i hate it here

I AM NOT playin’! All y’all “hope we get swept so Brett gets fired” can move TF along!

Deciding I’m going to drink for this game. Not gonna make the same mistake as last game

thanks nuggets now i won't feel as bad getting hurt tonight

I want a good game we lose so the FO doesn't get a break

Would not surprise me if this series gets even uglier

I’m ready to suffer!!! Come to humiliate me Boston f***ers, I have no fear

I expect nothing and I'll be disappointed

I just hope at least Al is off this team next year. I’d like Tobias to be gone too but his contract sucks even more that Horfords

Our management thought they were so smart signing Horrorford away from the Celtics but Ainge screwed us again.  

I’ve gotta say, as much as I despise Boston, I didn’t see a lot of trolls in our live game thread in game 2. I til my hat as I say f*** you to them for that. Lmao

Boston fans>>>>>>Toronto fans in my book. They’re well adjusted when discussing ball with them too

I hate Boston, but it’s a respectful hate

I wonder if Horford will look at least competent tonight

Keys to the game: Horford, Harris, Richardson all play well the next 2 games to raise their trade value.

I would kill for a 12 point Tatum game tonight lol.

That pre game speech by Brown told me all I needed to know.... Celtics by 15

Can’t convince me horford didn’t sign here as a Celtics sleeper agent

we are getting so bailed out by the refs

When Kemba misses it feels like christmas

This team has given up. We’re watching walking corpses

Can they lower the hoop to 8 feet for Tobias?

Can we have this ref crew for the rest of the series??!!

We’re shooting terribly and Tatum has 3 fouls and we’re only down 2. Good start

Tatum shoves off with his off arm every single time. Never called. He can't get space on his own. If refs ever started calling that he's toast.

Get tatum gone Get tatum gone

F*** you taintnum

Is embiid the best in the league at a position that just simply doesnt matter anymore?

The celtics are actually missing shots?????

1 celtic vs 3 sixers going for rebound? I'm betting on green

The rookie has been learning the flopping ways from Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown.

Brad Stevens tells them to flop in practice

Boston has at least missed 10 open/easy shots in that 1st. We can't keep relying on luck.

maybe dont **** have Horford guard Brown you ****

The worst part about this celtics team is theyre slightly harder to hate than usual. Well except marcus smart

Fortunately, a lot of the calls are going Philly's way tonight. Let's hope the refs keep up the good work.

Our only hope is to foul out jayson Tatum before the 3rd quarter starts?

Brett psyching out Tatum by leaving him wide open, 8D chess

I honestly believe Tatum's uncontested 3pts won't go in

Can’t blow a first quarter lead if you don’t have the lead.

Scott Foster and Joel are the only 2 who showed up for Philly tonight

Scott foster got money on 6ers I like our odds 💪

We literally can’t get to the hoop at all, youd think a combo of AD and Shaq was out there.. but no... it’s kanter, Enes Kanter ...

We are beating Smart up lol

Even though I hate Marcus Smart with all my being,  if he was a Sixer I'd love him.

Marcus Smart looks banged up, but he’s a warrior so he will stay in probably lol

This Boston team is going to get smoked by Toronto. Kind of sucks that we're losing this badly to them

if we get swept it hurts extra because honestly I dont think Boston is very good Especially without Haywood, they have like 6 real rotation players

Nah, they are good.

Gotta be able to beat wannamaker 1 on 1

Scott Foster is so bad

We’re just beating the sh** out of them.

Can’t see us winning this one if we’re losing with tatum not playing the whole quarter

Can Tobias buy a shot? He's stolen enough money to buy it...

For a team that gets a ton of whistles in their favor, the Celtics cry on every ****ing play

Daniel Theis complains more than anyone I have ever seen

Yeah it’s kinda amazing. Even if he wasn’t a Celtic I’d be shocked

We need to just go bad boys pistons and abuse them

We’re gonna see what real coaching looks like when the raps handle the Celtics next series. (MY NOTE:  The series was still 2-0, and we're in the 2nd quarter, and this poster already has us moving on)

every game it becomes more obvious that SVG is auditioning for the coaching role here lmao

dude hasn't mentioned the celtics all game lol

Yea if I’m a Celtics fan I’m probably livid. Maybe we think it’s excessive just cause we never get it though

We're outworking Boston without Tatum but we're still down.

refs are trying to help us but we are like nah

refs are trying hard. we are getting away with some stuff lol we don't want your help now zebras...let us die

Smart is really hurting. If we have any guts we'll put a target on his back.

So tatum barely played and were still down .

Being down with semi, wannamaker, and kanter having more mins than Tatum is less than ideal I’ll say it

God damn this ref crew is legit! Love the respect they are giving Embid, they coming back for any other games this series?

Brad Stevens laughs at us all he needs to do is "set a screen for brown or Tatum" and shoot 😂

Jaylen turning Tobi into Evan Turner

without brad stevens, this celtics team would be garbage lol

Without Tatum lol they are 1 -4 without him and losing team when he sitting best lineup for celtics Tatum and 4 g league player

No worries, this game is in the bag. Tatum will get another quick 2 and won't play more than 12 minutes in the second half. Scott Foster was tight with Donahey and is well-know for preventing sweeps. All the Sixers have to do is hit a few shots, but they have to do that at least.

Heh take that Celtics! Deflections don't work on us.our offense has no flow to begin with!

That wasn’t even close to a goal tend and now they have to waste their challenge on it

Why do these refs favor the Celtics? I get that they have a better record but make it fair.

They must be playing in the Miami landfill with all these garbage calls

Marcus Smart has been a pretty good guy. Helping Sixers up. He’s usually way more annoying.

marcus smart helping up sixers players only makes sense in 2020

Haha right? He’s been picking everyone up all the time. It’s freaking me out.

Could SOMEONE play some defense on Kemba Walker? He’s winning this game basically single handedly for the Celtics.

We are gonna lose this series but our offense and defense has been such trash the Celtics are gonna run into a brick wall with whoever else they play.

The way this team passes I think Brett should tell them to aim at the celtics player.

Boston just out hustles us in every aspect. It’s pathetic.

When Marcus Smart helps Jo up you know the Celtics know this series is over already

My exact thoughts. Celtics actually have pity for this dumpster fire.

To think Kemba was available this offseason

kembas too small to be good in the playoffs

We even got empty virtual seats 😭😂

Tatum has such a pretty game but he’s such a b**ch lol

Is that 4 on Tatum?

Scott Foster is doing his best to give us this game. Our players could at least try as hard as he is.

Tatum lowers the shoulder and pushes off and cries for a whistle.

Jayson Tatum just blatantly gets away with an offensve foul right there nice.

Look, I don’t think the Sixers are winning the series regardless, but the lopsided reffing has me steaming mad. Sh** is really not fun to watch when the game is unfairly leveraged against you

Al horford can’t finish on 2 6 foot guards?

Are we sure Ainge didn’t send Horford to ruin our team? kind of plot twist. Lol

Changed the call because Tatum whinged about it.

“They rule in favor of the Celtics” Story of this f***ing game

That overturn on the tipped ball out of bounds is the Boston bias these referees have had all series on clear display. That was a garbage overturn because Boston bitched and the referees cowered to Boston, as usual

Refs tonight clown

I would like to complain about the refs, but Boston has 17 fouls and Sixers have 9.

Gotta be honest, so far we’re getting all the good calls

Grant Williams is outplaying basically our whole team

The Celtics suck for only being up 4 on us lol If only we didn't suck worse, we might have been able to walk away with a W in this series

Wow Brad Stevens is a garbage coach he had a shot clock violation and any time a team has a shot clock violation that means their coach is awful.

Marcus smart has been suspiciously nice to embiid today. This b***ard is sucking up to him knowing a trade demand is coming isn’t he?

Why are we not getting any calls?

Thybulle needs to get the f*** out. Killing us on both ends.

Kemba's a killer.

Makes me sad how easily Tatum handles Tisse. Maybe I praised him too much.

Celtics players really complaining about the refereeing. You wouldn’t even be ahead if the refs were competent you absolute peasants

Theis is dominating this fourth quarter right now Thats a phrase I thought I wouldn’t be saying…2020 is weird.

Daniel Theiss might be my most hated Celtic after this series

Al horford cost us this game if we lose

Theis eats pizza with a fork and knife

Theis is far too bad at basketball on the NBA level to be complaining as much as he complains

Horford contract is as ugly as Shaqs feet

If this series were more competitive I would really f***ing hate Theis

Theis has gotta be the worst guy ever to play against in pickup basketball

Theis is more insufferable than Baynes. At least Baynes was decent at basketball.

Theis wears pyjamas to bed

na na Na Na, Na Na NA NA, HEY Hey Theis, Good-BYE!

Sorry i dont think there was a foul there by theis

Kanter is a better matchup so this is bad

Have a really bad feeling that Refs are about to take over

We do have 30 FTs to their 17

This game as the feel of a team up 2-0 has taken their foot off the gas a little. It will stay close till early 4th. They will make a run and we won’t have an answer. Hope I’m wrong.

We Are Going to Win This! Get the confetti ready!!!!

The Sixers will defeat the Celtics and the refs tonight, I’m so sick of these Celtics !

Marcus smart and that crab dribble name a better duo

We really about to get swept by the Celtics. Whyd it have to be Celtics. Any other team in the league

Embiid is the stupidest superstar in the league

Shall I run out and punch Celtics coach in face and run off ?

The Celtics are too good

After years of fully investing into it, i hate to say it boys: the process is over

Smart baited the sh** outta embiid n refs bailed him out

Boston is getting EVERY SINGLE CALL

The dagger into our season being Kemba over Horford is poetic

at least we know the celtics arent winning sh** with this group. tatum and brown are way too soft

Whatever helps you sleep at night bud

Just like an org purposely losing for years to rig a lottery system?

And if you don't like a 10-0 run to end a playoff game, then you don't like Sixers basketball.

Man Tatum would've made a great addition to our team

Despite the refs best efforts, the 76ers find a way to lose the game

We Can't Really Blame The Refs We had 34 FTs to the Chowd’s 22. Scott Foster is the guy they send in to extend series….not end them.

Think I'll go to Home Depot and pick up a broom

Al. Horford. Makes. Death. Appealing.

the real frustrating thing is , Boston isn't as nearly good these pundits claim them to be .....they are NOT a contender

So all of a sudden Kemba Walker decides to become a clutch assassin?

Hate the Celtics, but I’m pretty sure Kemba has been known as a clutch player since he was at UConn

Imagine Boston had they not signed Kemba?

This series was big vs small and small made us look silly

Please Celtics/Ainge just make it a quick death next game !

If We Try To Trade Al We need to make sure the tape of this series is burned. Any GM who watches 5 minutes of Al stumbling around like some guy Brand picked up in the Home Depot parking lot at 2 am will demand 5 first rounders to take on his monstrosity of a contract.

Boston plant Al begins the game losing Brown for a backdoor dunk and then fouls him on a 3. He ends the game taking a terrible 3 (a hero shot that had no chance of going in) and fouling Brown on a 3. Those are just four of his many other bad plays. Those are also inexcusable mistakes in a playoff game by a vet.

he’s been historically bad. Has any player fell off the cliff so precipitously? He couldn’t even block out Grant Williams properly.

I’ll never understand how anyone in the organization could think giving a 34 yr old big that kind of a deal, was a good use of resources or cap space? The man looked like he’d get run off the floor in Blue Coats game?

Celtics couldn't play much worse and Sixers still can't win a game. The torture is almost over. And LOLs at this Celtics team. They'll have to face a real coach next round and will end up on the other end of the broom.

Unfortunately, for some reason, they will also get the #14 pick in the Draft, I wonder why they always end up with 2 picks in the first round every Draft? F***ing Boston Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Playoff Round 1, Game 3, Away Icon_ead2 Evil or Very Mad

Because they have intelligent management that doesn't pi** away assets on stupid trades.

I mean, it was over at halftime when Brett credited the nonexistent crowd for giving them a lift.

LOL at calling Brown a "scapegoat" when he's had one of the best rosters in the league FOR TWO SEASONS RUNNING  Laughing  Laughing

You're on drugs if you think this year's roster is one of the best in the league. That seems to be the case with most of your posts.

29-2 home record which is HISTORIC doesn't mean this is one of the best rosters in the league? Surprised AND YOU THINK I'M ON DRUGS? Laughing  Laughing

The season has road games too. And they count.

How did Elton Brand get the job? Former players as GMs rarely work out. Look at the Kings. Just go with the nerds who know what they're doing. Hinkie had this ftanchise on the right course.

Danny Ainge, Wayne embry, Jerry West, Larry Bird, Don Nelson, Joe Dumars, Pat Riley players make terrible GM's

You do know that at least Ainge, Bird, West, and Riley have won executive of the year?

I hear Kyle Lowry is a free agent here soon. Should the 76ers bring in their native son?

Him or CP3 are plan C after Fultz failed and these dumba**es signed Harris and Horford instead of Kemba

You know he’d forget how to play basketball once he arrived in philly

it’s hard being a sixers fan dawg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Playoff Round 1, Game 3, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Playoff Round 1, Game 3, Away

Post by gyso Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:19 pm

We Can't Really Blame The Refs We had 34 FTs to the Chowd’s 22. Scott Foster is the guy they send in to extend series….not end them.

That's good to know.

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Playoff Round 1, Game 3, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Sixers, Playoff Round 1, Game 3, Away

Post by worcester Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:41 pm

Boston has our number. We're outmatched, out coached, out classed and Brett has no answer other than his Christopher Walken impersonation. It's over.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:08 am

That pre game speech by Brown told me all I needed to know.... Celtics by 15. - That was a very odd speech.  Sounded like he was in the wrong locker room!  

This Boston team is going to get smoked by Toronto. Kind of sucks that we're losing this badly to them - Uhhhh, you did see the last game we played against TOR, didn't you?  We'll even give you 15 points net sans OG.  

For a team that gets a ton of whistles in their favor, the Celtics cry on every ****ing play - Clearly, you have us mistaken for LeBron James.

kembas too small to be good in the playoffs - now THAT'S funny!!  Kemba is eating this all up...finally being on a playoff team that's going somewhere fast and not having to tractor pull his team to a loss (Charlotte).

the real frustrating thing is , Boston isn't as nearly good these pundits claim them to be .....they are NOT a contender - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE show me these mysterious pundits!!!

Celtics couldn't play much worse and Sixers still can't win a game. The torture is almost over. And LOLs at this Celtics team. They'll have to face a real coach next round and will end up on the other end of the broom - Now I may have to agree somewhat with this one.  The fact the N-Squared got Coach of the Year isn't going to help us much in the next round.  Now another clobbering like this first round combined with our last meeting vs. TOR is what we will need to look for.  

These are great because we are looking at the same game from our side as well, just not vocalizing it.  Here's the matrix, though.  When looking at any situation and describing it in one's humble but accurate opinion vs. the opposite side looking at the same situation and describing it in their humble but accurate opinion, you have only these 3 possible outcomes about the actual truth.  

1)  It is impossible for both sides to be right
2)  Both sides can be completely wrong
3)  The truth more than likely lies somewhere in the middle of those two opinions/observations.  

But it sure makes for great entertainment!!  Thank you, BobH!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:41 am

Don't you just love it? Imagine if some of these games were played in front of the home crowd? They would have booed them off the court at half time.

I hope they keep it up and we can take out the broom today, nothing would make me happier. When I went to a Celtics/Philly ECF in Russell's last year, my father threatened me to keep my mouth shut, not let anyone know I was from Boston, and just watch the game quietly. HAH, FAT CHANCE THAT WOULD HAPPEN!!!!! We sat a few rows behind the Celtic bench and I was hoarse at the end of that game that they won.

Philadelphia is a tough place to play, today they would eat that team apart. I remember video of a game where they were booing Embid and company as they walked off the floor after a terrible showing, the boo birds were loud and clear. Wish we could hear them today
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:54 pm

Horford starting again i hate it here

I just hope at least Al is off this team next year. I’d like Tobias to be gone too but his contract sucks even more that Horfords

Can they lower the hoop to 8 feet for Tobias?

Can Tobias buy a shot? He's stolen enough money to buy it...

I’ve gotta say, as much as I despise Boston, I didn’t see a lot of trolls in our live game thread in game 2. I til my hat as I say f*** you to them for that. Lmao

We even got empty virtual seats 😭😂

The Celtics suck for only being up 4 on us lol If only we didn't suck worse, we might have been able to walk away with a W in this series

The dagger into our season being Kemba over Horford is poetic

If We Try To Trade Al We need to make sure the tape of this series is burned. Any GM who watches 5 minutes of Al stumbling around like some guy Brand picked up in the Home Depot parking lot at 2 am will demand 5 first rounders to take on his monstrosity of a contract.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:57 pm

Somebody needs to tell these fools that Theis complains a lot because the refs never give him a break
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:39 pm

Theis is the picture of why referees are incompetent . I am not saying he does not commit his share of fouls, but I have NEVER seen a guy get screwed so much on calls as he has this season. Do they hate Germans??????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:44 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Theis is the picture of why referees are incompetent .  I am not saying he does not commit his share of fouls, but I have NEVER seen a guy get screwed so much on calls as he has this season. Do they hate Germans??????

This is why they hate Germans:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down