Close Out Game - Pep Talk Part II

2 posters

Go down

Close Out Game - Pep Talk Part II Empty Close Out Game - Pep Talk Part II

Post by dboss Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:23 am

There has always been a certain degree of excitement associated with playing in a game 7.  It has been embedded in the DNA of the Celtics and in their fans. Celtics go in favored by 2.5 points. If we can win this series we can get GH back and that changes a whole lot of options for us.

Keep playing defense but be mindful not to pick up a bunch of stupid fouls

Keep controlling the glass just like in game 6

Keep the ball moving to attack their zone defenses. (Kemba needs to slice it up off the bounce like he did in game 5)

Make those open looks

Take it to the rim and get to the line

Think before you pass, be aware of the moment.

Don't be a hero

Don't waste possession by taking bad shots or by turning the ball over

For The Coach

Don't get played by the numbers, don't be an egghead.

Impact the flow of the game to favor your team

Leave your passivity in the hotel room

Don't be an absentee coach...You make the key calls and do not leave it to them to figure it out.  At key moments call plays.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Close Out Game - Pep Talk Part II Empty Re: Close Out Game - Pep Talk Part II

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:34 am

Wow! Didn't know they were going to give us 2.5 points. In NBA speak, that's a pretty close game but we'd be good for a couple of more points. Celtics cover their spreads better than most teams. In other words, Celtics are a betting favorite. N-Squared is coming off a win, not a loss. Opposite "home court" wins are 6-0 in this series. We're "playing" in TOR tonight. We're on the rise, TOR can only come down. Grim Reaper is knocking loudly.

Of the big three the spotlight is on tonight, can't decide who has the magnifier on them as a piece of paper using the sun. I'll go with this order for discussion.

Brad - Time to shed Butler and win the big game

Kemba - Close 2nd but not enough to take over Brad. G6 will be a forgotten performance after tonight's explosion. Expect a 3D from him.

JT - He's going to come to play tonight. He knows the history.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:03 pm

dbrown

Kemba may be the key for us.

In game 5 they could not trap him. He was quick as a bedbug in getting past the defenders to his midrange looks, at the rim and clear passing lanes..  They want to trap us up top.  That is the way they have been stifled our offense.  

When JT has the ball up top they are going to try to trap him and force him into mistakes.  Kemba is the one guy that has the speed quickness and handle to get away.  In any event we know how they want to play and our guys need to have focus to read and react to what the defense is doing.

The most important thing is for the Celtics to come out with fire and build a lead.  They need to close out quarters the right way.

Our guys need to be ready willing and able to grind this one out.

Game 6 ended with a lot of jawing between these teams.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:11 pm

Our team, while fragile at times, is very, very dangerous.  How else can you explain this same TOR having their asses handed to them 3 times in the bubble by Boston?  That's right, you can't.  

We are just as capable of blowing them out and maybe winning a close one as they are of winning a tight game.  They've won their 3 victories that way.  We've done both.    

When our Big 3 are going plus a Marcus Smart, it's a blowout versus ANYBODY in the league.  It's up to Kemba to get it started and then start sinking the wide open 3's that will come his way.  

I like our chances.  A lot.    

db

P.S. And oh, this is all sans OG. Also by my ranking and omissions, I'm not discount all the others that have to show up with their games. These 3 seem to be the most important.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:23 pm

Everybody needs to play well and Stevens needs to coach well.

I think Boston will be ready to play. It was 2018 when we last saw a game 7 (vs the Cavs) A play here or there and a trip to the finals was waiting.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:29 pm

It's been a tough, slugfest series. Someone's going home tonight. We need to start a Playoff Cliche Thread. Especially for G7's. There must be a thousand of them!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:13 pm

will be interesting to see if the Celtics can slow down Lowery. does he have the stamina to come back after playing 53 minutes.

I would like to see more Smart, Wanamaker and Brown knocking him around a bit.

I would like to see Walker get to the line. He was 0-0
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Will I be disappointed if we don't win G7 here? I think we all will. I've kept going back to the year over year comparisons at this time and right now we're just 2 games better with the shedding of KI, everyone unleashing themselves and feeling much better about themselves and the team, all the injuries, etc. That's it.

So, yes, losing tonight will not only suck in the moment but overall it will indicate we really haven't made that much progress. We would have gone 3-4 in the 2nd round instead of 1-4 last year. So there's a lot of pressure on the C's.

Jalen Rose has stuck with the Celtics for G7 and the series. Kendrick Perkins is giving the ever so slight edge to TOR. Someone's wrong. Hope it's Perk. Jalen's usually right. Hours to showtime.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Oh yeah. Don't forget Stephen A. is still with us unless he changed his mind today!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down