NYCelt
kdp59
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Report: Rajon Rondo opting out of Lakers contract - Page 3 Empty Re: Report: Rajon Rondo opting out of Lakers contract

Post by tjmakz Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:03 pm

I’m not a big fan of LA giving up 5 or 6 players for CP3 and LA having to pay him $44m for the 2021-22 season.
LA like many teams have been trying to keep cap space open for next year.
I’d rather LA go after Zach LaVine who has a manageable $19m salary and is 27 years old.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Report: Rajon Rondo opting out of Lakers contract - Page 3 Empty Re: Report: Rajon Rondo opting out of Lakers contract

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:52 pm

As far as I am concerned, it is a big mistake. Rondo had his day in the sun here, I loved him at that time. I have watched him go from team to team, he had some excellent moments in NO, (with Davis) and he had some good moments in LA (with Davis)

It is great to remember how good he was here but I can remember the frustration with him holding onto that ball when he was in charge, dribbling, pounding, and then giving it up with 5 or 6 seconds left on the clock Go back to some of those posts, you were all yelling about the same thing at that time. Not a fit here in my opinion, but it is just my opinion
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:58 pm

I wouldn't make that deal for Paul but I believe the song goes Whatever Labron wants, Labron gets. My money is still on the Lakers keeping Rondo. Rumors are just sportwriters in the off season.

As for pounding the ball, you have to remember as a floor general/assist machine, a lot depends on the coach and other players. Plus the fact that he was ever 100% in Boston after the ACL. But I don't believe he was pounding the ball with PP, KG, and Allen. You don't win a ring pounding the ball. After Dallas he went to Sacto and lead the league in assists. You don't do that pounding the ball. He dissected us when he was finally allowed to play in Chicago. He elevated NO and he's credited by many as a key piece that made LBJ and AD work for a ring. Other than his problem with Allen (as PP and KG do as well) he has a great leadership reputation and younger players rave about him. The one notable time he clashed was with star players complaining about younger players and he took them to task for it. But his relationship with Wade and Butler was fine and Butler is a friend of Rondo.

Rondo had his clashes with Rivers when he was still in his early twenties. But it didn't stop Rivers from playing him and getting a ring. Carlisle had issues with Rondo before Rondo even came to the Mavs. And Rondo had just had "his team" pulled from under him. So emotions were high. None of his other coaches expressed issues. NO coach Gentry raved about him, and so does Vogel. Bottom line he was not pounding the ball in those places to achieve what he did. There's no question he has never had the explosive speed he had before he tore the ACL and his ability to defend is clearly not what it was. But as a BU PG who can lead a bench he's probably the best available in the league. We have a lot of terrific talent and heart but other than Hayward we lack mature leadership and savvy on the floor. Stevens is great a preparing them for the game or coming out of a timeout. But he can't prepare them for every play from the bench. Rondo can do that in realtime on the floor. But a controlling coach who won't respect Rondo's abilities won't work. I would hope that's not Stevens.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:40 am

Atcross, you have perfectly expressed my own feelings about Rondo.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:46 am

Newest rumor: LA may trade for Derrick Rose.

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-lakers-much-more-likely-150059461.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJqX-7hGwvqi0M1uesXbt_p1ohhGIpiDm0mUwisNu7o5s1YOTWJzFTdFs8tjpD4FZV02ZragUUNYtP82i8cDAd2iAENltSSaIi1C4oOqRm3lB2tHlMzDatjwVAkJzWM4UHqytIqcTknI7jLFrVyo74aLzqN1uMx0bK2ZLmUjs79E
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:04 pm

tjmakz wrote:I’m not a big fan of LA giving up 5 or 6 players for CP3 and LA having to pay him $44m for the 2021-22 season.
LA like many teams have been trying to keep cap space open for next year.
I’d rather LA go after Zach LaVine who has a manageable $19m salary and is 27 years old.

Also read were several players would have to opt in and then be traded.  I do not see that happening.

Also read that rose is now a target for the Lakers

https://sports.yahoo.com/rumor-lakers-much-more-likely-150059461.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJqX-7hGwvqi0M1uesXbt_p1ohhGIpiDm0mUwisNu7o5s1YOTWJzFTdFs8tjpD4FZV02ZragUUNYtP82i8cDAd2iAENltSSaIi1C4oOqRm3lB2tHlMzDatjwVAkJzWM4UHqytIqcTknI7jLFrVyo74aLzqN1uMx0bK2ZLmUjs79E
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:05 pm

worcester wrote:Newest rumor: LA may trade for Derrick Rose.

+1
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3