+5
gyso
Shamrock1000
Ktron
bobheckler
dboss
9 posters

Go down

New York Knicks create $40M in cap space by parting ways with six players Empty New York Knicks create $40M in cap space by parting ways with six players

Post by dboss Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:11 pm

The Knicks are in play. Who will they go after.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30349438/new-york-knicks-create-40m-cap-space-roster-purge
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

New York Knicks create $40M in cap space by parting ways with six players Empty Re: New York Knicks create $40M in cap space by parting ways with six players

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:29 pm

dboss wrote:The Knicks are in play.  Who will they go after.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30349438/new-york-knicks-create-40m-cap-space-roster-purge

Dboss,

I say Hayward. Just my 2c.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

New York Knicks create $40M in cap space by parting ways with six players Empty Re: New York Knicks create $40M in cap space by parting ways with six players

Post by dboss Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:00 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Dboss,

I say Hayward.  Just my 2c.

Bob

Moneywise they are in play but that is all.

GH is not going to NY.  

The dots have been there for quite some time.  We just need to connect them.  

Everything points to Indiana.  It makes the most sense for both teams.  Teams like Atlanta and Cleveland and NY may all have an interest in GH.  Indiana loves him.  He built a new home not far from the stadium.  His wife and family are Indy folks.  They cannot get him as a free agent because of cap space.  Boston needs an upgrade at center.  The Pacers prefer Sabonis over Turner.  Hayward does not have to be a 4th option in Indy.  They need a milti- dimensional player like him.  Boston added a wing with their first pick and did not sniff a big.  Turner posted a resent instagram video with him working out with taco falls and g Will.  Turner is a stretch 5 with shot blocking abilities and he is only 24.  He played on the USA team with our 4 participants.

Trades work best when both teams are able to get what they need.  This one works great for both players and both teams. (someone else could be included in the trade depending on the amount of money Hayward agrees to)
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 pm

Westbrook

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:14 pm

dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Dboss,

Bob

GH is not going to NY.  

Everything points to Indiana.  It makes the most sense for both teams.  Teams like Atlanta and Cleveland and NY may all have an interest in GH.  Indiana loves him.  He built a new home not far from the stadium.  His wife and family are Indy folks.  They cannot get him as a free agent because of cap space.  Boston needs an upgrade at center.  The Pacers prefer Sabonis over Turner.  Hayward does not have to be a 4th option in Indy.  They need a milti- dimensional player like him.  Boston added a wing with their first pick and did not sniff a big.  Turner posted a resent instagram video with him working out with taco falls and g Will.  Turner is a stretch 5 with shot blocking abilities and he is only 24.  He played on the USA team with our 4 participants.

Trades work best when both teams are able to get what they need.  This one works great for both players and both teams. (someone else could be included in the trade depending on the amount of money Hayward agrees to)

Great post. Totally agree...

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:33 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:
dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Dboss,

Bob

GH is not going to NY.  

Great post. Totally agree...

I also agree, Indy makes the most sense. Indy has had recent issues with players who don't want to play there. With Gordon, they may have found that guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:16 pm

dboss wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

Dboss,

Bob

GH is not going to NY.  

Hayward going to Indiana would also create a dynamic new scoring combo for them.

Pacers got Cassius Stanley, quite possibly the steal of the draft. Hayward and Stanley combined would help create a dangerous offense.

Makes much more sense for Hayward than NY.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:30 pm

I agree.

1. He wants to go where he has at least a shot at winning,
2. If he thinks boston was tough, he ain’t seen nothing yet
3. HE JUST BUILT A BRAND NEW HOUSE IN INDIANA

He was never staying, this has been in the cards since ??? Forever

I agree, Westbrook could be NY bound
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:16 pm

Westbrook + Thibs = (a bad situation) go 4 it NY.

We will have 2 NY teams to amuse us.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:07 am

Yes, GH to Indy makes great sense. Sure hope Gordon's wife and twin sister think so too.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:56 am

Ktron wrote:Westbrook

sounds right to me.

and I think Thibs and Westbrook will be just fine, like Butler and Thibs did.

as for Hayward to Indiana , it still requires some salary maneuvers. Now Hayward  has to sign a new deal here (with bird rights), then we need to trade him , but The pacers are limited being over the cap.

There were reports before the draft of  Hayward for Turner and McDermott, their combined salary's are $25.3M. That means that the most Indiana can bring back for those two in salary would be around $31.6M. SO Haywards new salary would have to be that or less to work. Of course IF his new deal starts closer to $25M then Ainge can send back Kanter too.

the Pacers likely don't want to take on much more salary overall also, as they will not want to hit the tax line, so there 's that also.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:21 am

Hayward's new contract could be less in year one and more in later years to accomodate Indy's cap needs.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down