Vankisa
NESportsfan12
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hot take: trade kemba now - Page 2 Empty Re: Hot take: trade kemba now

Post by dboss Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:34 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:ktron I want to weigh in on the question about Jayson and Jaylen wasted potential prime years.

The average age when a player enters his prime is 27 years old.

Jaylen is still almost 3  years from entering his prime and Tatum is 4+ years away.

The timeline for Boston to continue the process of building a championship level team anchored by them is still very much in play.

The Celtics remain well positioned although the next two years could be difficult.  The Celtics will eventually be looking to add that 3rd allstar level player.  That opportunity could present itself sooner if Boston is able to move KW now and they limit any new contracts for non-core level players to a maximum of 2 years.

Dboss we can assume that the timeline for Boston to continue the process of building a championship level team anchored by them is still very much in play but that is predicated on some clever, smart maneuvering by our front office post haste. Like yesterday. These stars today are not going to stick around for any shenanigans by the front office. Contract or not they will force their way out so I don’t see the window being as open as the length of their contracts. Lets keep our fingers, toes and eyes crossed that Brad and Co. Work smart and with a quickness.

ktron

I agree.

Brad had better hire the right coach and get the Jay's onboard. And then go about the business of improving the roster. The most likely of the two to push their way out of the door would be Jayson Tatum and the destination would be...LA
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2