A Sad Day.....Kyle Draper off to Sacramento!

+5
NYCelt
RosalieTCeltics
dboss
gyso
bobc33
9 posters

Go down

A Sad Day.....Kyle Draper off to Sacramento! Empty A Sad Day.....Kyle Draper off to Sacramento!

Post by bobc33 Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:11 pm

Kyle Draper is off to join the Sacramento broadcast team. My oh my how will we get by without him? Rosalie, understandably, must be devastated!

Back to top Go down

A Sad Day.....Kyle Draper off to Sacramento! Empty Re: A Sad Day.....Kyle Draper off to Sacramento!

Post by gyso Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:12 pm

cheers

Back to top Go down

A Sad Day.....Kyle Draper off to Sacramento! Empty Re: A Sad Day.....Kyle Draper off to Sacramento!

Post by dboss Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:26 pm

Can he take Scal with him?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:42 pm

I hope they are ready for......bang, bang, bang. This is what he was pushing for all along, he wanted Mike's job, play by play.

GEE, I WILL MISS HIM???????????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:53 pm

Rosalie; you can turn the volume back on during games!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:19 pm

He's heading out my way. Damn.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:07 pm

Hey hey! Don’t be so mean. LOL. Yeah I was one of his biggest critics but I have to say he has improved over the past few years. Now he’s leaving. Guess we had it coming. LOL

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 pm

You don’t have to listen to him day in and day out. Sorry, not sorry to see him go. Wonder if he saw the writing on the wall. NBC sports Boston is a mess right now. And the one’s they held onto must be the cheap salaries. I just wonder who will be doing a lot of the Celtic stuff. They really are cutting things close here. Tommy passed away, Kyle leaving, please do not let that mean that Scal takes over the big seat and Perk comes on board. I doubt that because he is pushing for a spot permanently on ESPN
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:13 pm

https://thedraperagency.com/about/

I get nbc boston here so I’ve caught Kylle’s acts on the regular. He’s going to the nbc affiliate out there basically doing the same gig and backing up Mark Jones of ESPN ON KINGS PLAY BY PLAY WHO THEY JUST HIRED. KYLE will fill in for him when he is doing the national games. Almost but not quite a lateral since he did back up Mike here on occasion. Smaller market too. I wish him luck. Didn’t know he had his own talent agency.
Guess Kyle says “like me or not, I ain’t thinking bout y’all” LOL

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:41 pm

I appreciated his enthusiasm. Other than Mike and Tommy, production has been rough

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:31 pm

Celtics coverage was rated 28 of the teams in NBA. Homers are not appreciated! Also, I do believe that Scal is not a plus here. I just wonder who will take over the day Mike retires. He is getting up there, and did not travel as much last year and caught a break by the team going into the bubble. I always wondered about Grande, but he is a radio guy for the most part and has alot going on outside of Celtic basketball. He did do radio during the bubble
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:56 pm

I don’t know where, who or what goes into rating team coverage. If its not based solely on viewer response than it probably has very little validity. Mike is one of the best to ever to do it and I agree he is getting up there in age (75). I do believe that Grande could easily make the switch to TV in a heartbeat. It’s much harder to do BB radio PbyP than TV. Let’s hope thats the move. I think he and Max do a great job. I don’t get Scal. He is one of the worst but one of the best at the “I don’t know’s” and I don’t know what the hell they see in him but he gets plenty of work. I have my suspicions but I’ll leave it at that.
Rumor mill says Abby may be back. I think Trini is better but we’ll see.
I know we joked and screamed aloud about Kyle but he really wasn’t that bad. Watching league pass, Ive seen some bad ones. Kyle wasn’t one of t hem. A bit annoying at times but he does have skills. Excuse me while I duck that left hook coming from Rosalie. LOL!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:56 pm

I will admit I won’t miss him, but I am Leary of NBC TV Sports and who they will put in. There is a vicious economy kick going on there and really, some of the guys they kept should not be on tv. But I guess it is a wait and see. I do wonder what kind of say the Celtics have in pre/post game reporters. Trini tries too hard to know all about everything. She is a baseball/football girl, I will say she makes me wish for Abby because she knew the guys and knew basketball. Time will tell.

I will keep my shoes on Ktron!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:57 pm

Someone, please get Ktron or Heckler an interview for the Celtics announcer job.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:50 pm

Good idea Worcester. Not Cowens, they would be bleeping him after every other play!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:14 am

worcester wrote:Someone, please get Ktron or Heckler an interview for the Celtics announcer job.

Put me with Mike and watch those ratings soarrrrr!!!:-)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:17 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I will admit I won’t miss him, but I am Leary of NBC TV Sports and who they will put in.  There is a vicious economy kick going on there and really, some of the guys they kept should not be on tv. But I guess it is a wait and see. I do wonder what kind of say the Celtics have in pre/post game reporters.  Trini tries too hard to know all about everything. She is a baseball/football girl, I will say she makes me wish for Abby because she knew the guys and knew basketball.  Time will tell.

I will keep my shoes on Ktron!!!!

Haha, Maybe Tanguay?
If they even think of mentioning Felgers name I’ll put a gun to my head!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:33 am

Wyc would stop that, he and Feelger fo. Not get along
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down