tjmakz
gyso
bobheckler
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
19 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

This and that around the League 20-21 Empty This and that around the League 20-21

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:05 am

Might as well start this one up. What a shame what James Harden is putting his franchise thru, his former coach D’Antonio totally ruined that team. flip small ball....you have a 40 million contract, honor it you pampered privileged wuss...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

This and that around the League 20-21 Empty Re: This and that around the League 20-21

Post by dbrown4 Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:41 am

Let's close the door on this and officially put James Harden in the Charles Barkley Club. Great Career...No Title. Westie isn't far behind.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

This and that around the League 20-21 Empty Re: This and that around the League 20-21

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:42 am

Stephen A went off on Kyrie calling him out on using the media in a bad way and saying how he should be fined for ignoring contractual obligations to promote the game. What a selfish delusional punk, this will not end good for him IMO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:23 pm

PG13 signs 4 year $100M extension with LAC.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:37 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Stephen A went off on Kyrie calling him out on using the media in a bad way and saying how he should be fined for ignoring contractual obligations to promote the game. What a selfish delusional punk, this will not end good for him IMO.

IMO, if someone wants to rag on Danny Ainge about his General Manager-ability, that someone should start with his decision to bring the Royal PITA to Boston.

Someone didn't do their homework on that selfish fake-intellectual loser. He never should have worn Kelly Green.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:56 pm

gyso wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Stephen A went off on Kyrie calling him out on using the media in a bad way and saying how he should be fined for ignoring contractual obligations to promote the game. What a selfish delusional punk, this will not end good for him IMO.

IMO, if someone wants to rag on Danny Ainge about his General Manager-ability, that someone should start with his decision to bring the Royal PITA to Boston.

Someone didn't do their homework on that selfish fake-intellectual loser.  He never should have worn Kelly Green.

Agreed, but at the time IT was injured and no one knew how bad that injury would turn out. Danny saw an opportunity to add an all NBA talent still young and in his prime. I don’t blame Danny that badly for this one, he rolled the dice and Kyrie has been exposed as a bigger and bigger asshole at his own undoing as time goes on, blaming media for stupid shit that he instigates and he didn’t even show up for media day, just blew it off, blaming media. Stephen A ripped him a new one, gonna be fun watching this train wreck.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:03 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Let's close the door on this and officially put James Harden in the Charles Barkley Club.  Great Career...No Title.  Westie isn't far behind.    

db

He’s a regular season one on one wonder, but every playoff his game goes South and he can’t elevate his team or game at all. Antithesis of a Celtic in every way IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:00 pm

So now the twerp says “I don’t talk to pawns”

Great, Muhammad Ali sure talked to them, but it’s beneath him, you know because he’s so great at everything

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:43 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:So now the twerp says “I don’t talk to pawns”

Great, Muhammad Ali sure talked to them, but it’s beneath him, you know because he’s so great at everything

Cow,

You'd think that a "flat earther" would be comfortable with the idea of pieces on a board.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:09 pm

It’s hard to see how Kyrie is going to make it through his season with his fragile state of mind.
He doesn’t want to be asked questions.
He doesn’t want to be coached.
He doesn’t want to pass the ball.
He doesn’t want to play with young players.
He doesn’t want to listen to anyone who has views different from him.
What’s crazy is that he thinks he’s a deep thinker and above other people but in reality he is just a selfish moron.
Both Boston and the Lakers should be thrilled Kyrie is not on their roster.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:18 pm

Right tj and now hes playing the blame game, like he cant ever be held accountable for anything. The season didn't even start yet, I can only imag8nexwhat hes putting Nash and company thru right now....what a flip* asshole

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:22 pm

I do not pay attention to Kyrie, he is PLAIN AND SIMPLE....................NUTS!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:36 am

You can see it coming. With the talent level of Irving and Durant, plus the rest of the roster behind them, the Nets should have enough to be pushing the Bucks in the East. Should.

Irving is already starting on the roll that’s going to blow the whole thing up. This could quickly be a disappointment for Nets fans and the league.

Maybe Irving will finally do something to help Boston by taking the Nets out of the way.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:53 am

NY Celt

So you are saying we are below the Nets. I in turn say we are on par or better than them because our coaching staff is far superior and our team is built on overall team ball and defense. The nets are a collection of stars yet to be united.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:19 pm

I’m curious if they’re going to use Durant as the 3 or 4, they could go Kyrie Harris Lavert Durant Jared Allen or can still have Durant at the 3, since he’s also never played the 4. Either way will be some great wing match ups with Tatum-Brown vs Lavert-Durant.

On Kyrie he needs no coaching or so he said we can take turns coaching....am I glad he’s gone.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:36 pm

112288 wrote:NY Celt

So you are saying we are below the Nets.  I in turn say we are on par or better than them because our coaching staff is far superior and our team is built on overall team ball and defense.  The nets are a collection of stars yet to be united.

With a fully healthy Irving and Durant, the current Nets roster looks just a step ahead of our current group to me. Maybe 3rd in the conference behind Bucks and Heat. They look deeper than Boston and I think Nash and his assistants are going to be an excellent group.

With Kyrie doing his current act, which is likely to disrupt the team, I make them 5 behind Bucks, Heat, Celtics and 76ers. Ego and distraction will cause talent to take a back seat every time.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:35 pm

I have said from the time he started acting up here, Kyrie Irving is bi polar, there is no doubt in my mind. (And, no I am not a doctor!!!) His extreme hi's, extreme low's, his isolation, his personality in general, just point in that direction. Now. this is not that I am calling him this to mock him, it is a condition. I have wondered for a long time if he ever ever sought therapy.

I know he feels he is about most, that he is highly intelligent, smart than the rest of the world, but I really wonder how he will survive the rigors of all that is going on in the world today and go to work daily and act like "one of the guys" when he feels he is so much better.

Good luck to Nash, he has his hands full, there are times when Durant goes off the deep end too. These are two talented ballplayers who have such high estimations of themselves, that their teammates may rebel.

Thank God he is out of Boston.

I will say one thing, we loved it when he first came here and played so fantastic, but when it all fell apart for him it fell apart for the team. Danny could not have imagined this would happen. This was a fiasco no one could have predicted (except maybe LeBron).
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:58 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I’m curious if they’re going to use Durant as the 3 or 4, they could go Kyrie Harris Lavert Durant Jared Allen or can still have Durant at the 3, since he’s also never played the 4. Either way will be some great wing match ups with Tatum-Brown vs Lavert-Durant.

On Kyrie he needs no coaching or so he said we can take turns coaching....am I glad he’s gone.

Cow there is some talk that Durant will play some 5. I saw an interviewed with him that confirms he is getting some reps in practice at center.

The Nets should have enough of a scoring punch to compete with anybody. The big question is their defense.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:11 pm

dboss wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:I’m curious if they’re going to use Durant as the 3 or 4, they could go Kyrie Harris Lavert Durant Jared Allen or can still have Durant at the 3, since he’s also never played the 4. Either way will be some great wing match ups with Tatum-Brown vs Lavert-Durant.

Cow there is some talk that Durant will play some 5.  I saw an interviewed with him that confirms he is getting some reps in practice at center.

The Nets should have enough of a scoring punch to compete with anybody.  The big question is their defense.  

Agreed and their durability....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:10 am

Kyrie looked great in his 17 minutes tonight.
18 points and 4 assists.
Durant played well too in his Brooklyn debut.

John Wall looks fast and healthy for Houston.
Cousins also looks good so far for Houston.

Talen Horton-Tucker looks great for the Lakers.
He lead them in a blowout win in a game where Kawhi and PG played and 5 of the Lakers top players did not play.
Vogel has said how well THT has played in the practices.
He has continued his strong play into the preseason games.
Tonight he had 33/10/4/4 and was a +36.
With his strong body and 7’1” wingspan, THT looks like he can effectively guard the 1-3 positions.
He’s clearly going to be in the Lakers rotation.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:05 am

LiAngelo Ball, youngest son of you-know-who, just got waived by Detroit before he ever played a minute of pre-season.

You gotta be a real marginal player to not even make it through a week of camp.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Precious Achiuwa looked really good, exceeding my expectations last night. Makes me sick that Heat got him, he and Bam are gonna be a real problem. He scored close the basket effortlessly going 4-5 fg. Took turns defensively on Adams and Zion and looked really good, mobile, strong, obviously has length. Damn

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:38 pm

Reports are that Giannis is signing a 5-year Max contract with Milwaukee. So, he's staying. Good for him. That's Superstar's mentality. Build a championship team around me ("as opposed to taking ones talents to South Beach").

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:53 pm

Gordon Hayward fractured a finger in the last game, not supposed to be all that serious though time will tell.

The dude is snake bitten! Even though he is no longer a Celtic, I hope he never has even a minor injury for the rest of his career.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Are you serious Bob, he really fractured a finger? Snake bit, I am telling you. Oh well, their problem now.

I will say this only once, it would have been nice to have a guy running the offense last night the way Hayward is capable of. Alot of confusion out there. Last time, I promise. Zippered lips.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next