tjmakz
gyso
bobheckler
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
19 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

This and that around the League 20-21 - Page 2 Empty Re: This and that around the League 20-21

Post by dboss Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:38 pm

bobheckler wrote:Reports are that Giannis is signing a 5-year Max contract with Milwaukee.  So, he's staying.  Good for him.  That's Superstar's mentality.  Build a championship team around me ("as opposed to taking ones talents to South Beach").

Bob

He has more reason's to stay in Milwaukee than Lebron did to stay in Cleveland or even AD staying in NOLA. If not for the fact that the Bucks have built a contender around him is reason for him to stay. What I am saying is that Giannis would not stay with the Bucks if he did not believe that he can win there and that the Bucks organization from ownership to management and coaching are all connected to winning.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

This and that around the League 20-21 - Page 2 Empty Re: This and that around the League 20-21

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:43 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Are you serious Bob, he really fractured a finger?  Snake bit, I am telling you. Oh well, their problem now.  

I will say this only once, it would have been nice to have a guy running the offense last night the way Hayward is capable of.  Alot of confusion out there.  Last time, I promise.  Zippered lips.

Rosalie,

Gordon suffered an avulsion fracture of the 5th metatarsal on his right foot.

"Avulsion fracture. In an avulsion fracture, a small piece of bone is pulled off the main portion of the bone by a tendon or ligament. This type of fracture is the result of an injury in which the ankle rolls. Avulsion fractures are often overlooked when they occur with an ankle sprain."

This and that around the League 20-21 - Page 2 Fifthmetafinalillus1

Paging Dr. Worcester, Dr. Fine, Dr. Worcester!

And Rosalie, speaking for myself, I would much prefer that you just let'er rip.  Keeping things in isn't healthy for you, especially when it comes to the Celtics.

https://www.foothealthfacts.org/conditions/fractures-of-the-fifth-metatarsal

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:13 pm

Ok, now Worcester, what does this all mean, are his bones fragile???? Wonder how Michael felt when he heard that news. I am sorry, I really feel sorry for this guy.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:14 pm

5th metacarpal.  Pinky. Right hand. He's right handed. Shooting hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:31 pm

It was definitely the 5th metacarpal, that is of his right pinky. Not his foot. I had a fracture of my own left metatarsal (foot) at the base in 1982. The doctor I worked with then had been President of the American Osteopathic Association and gave me great advice. He said standard treatment  of my injury was  to cast the foot up to my knee and remove the cast after six weeks. Instead he recommended taping it tight with athletic tape and then doing acupuncture above and below (medial and distal) to the break. Next run e-stim through it. I did that daily for three weeks. Then after 3 weeks it was completely healed, and I ran three miles on it.

Gordon should tape the bone tightly into place, have acupuncture needles place above and below the break, and run e-stim though it. He won't. Most trainers and sports MD's think they know too much. Charlotte's problem now.

Last edited by worcester on Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:50 pm

Carpal, not Tarsal.

My bad.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:00 am

Surprised happened so soon with GH, thought the injury bug wouldn’t catch him at least until month or 2 into season....still can’t believe MJ gave him that contract.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:12 am

https://nesn.com/2020/12/nba-rumors-why-celtics-fell-short-in-jrue-holiday-trade-sweepstakes/

NBA Rumors: Why Celtics Fell Short In Jrue Holiday Trade Sweepstakes

The Celtics were unsuccessful in their pursuit of a top-10 pick to flip for Holiday

by Logan Mullen

2 hours ago

Jrue Holiday is now a member of the Milwaukee Bucks, but it’s not from a lack of a push by the Boston Celtics.

Leading up to Holiday getting dealt to Milwaukee, the Celtics were rumored to be one of the teams in hot pursuit of the star two-way guard.

He made perfect sense for Boston, but according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst and Kevin Arnovitz, the New Orleans Pelicans wanted a top-10 pick for Holiday. The Celtics tried to get one so they could flip it to New Orleans, but no such deal ever came through.

“The Bucks have been more motivated than any team to acquire Holiday, but they weren’t the best equipped. The Pelicans made it known to suitors that they wanted a top-10 pick in this year’s draft, sources said, and a number of teams went hunting to try to get one. The Denver Nuggets and Boston Celtics were particularly aggressive but couldn’t find a deal.”

Arnovitz and Windhorst went on to report that the Bucks managed to get Holiday because they had a ton of long-term draft capital to send New Orleans’ way, and once the Pelicans realized they weren’t getting a top-10 pick, their focus shifted, paving the way for Milwaukee to enter talks.

The end result was Milwaukee landing Holiday, the Pelicans getting Eric Bledsoe and a bunch of draft picks, and the Celtics holding on to the 14th overall selection, which they used on Vanderbilt sharpshooter Aaron Nesmith.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Jrue Holliday is 30 1/2 years old (DAMN!  Time flies!  It seems like just a few years ago when he was drafted traded to NOP for injured Nerlens Noel as part of "the process").  He'll make $26M this year and $27M next year.  Bledsoe is 31 too, and makes $16M.  Two older point guards, for pretty big bucks ($42M this year for the two of them).

I need to see what Jeff Teague can/will do for us this year but he's a better bargain, for sure I think.  32 1/2 years old, so older, but only $2.5M. Holliday is an investment, Teague is a rental, but maybe the rental market is where we should want to be (unless Kemba's knee is more fragile than even we know now...).

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:04 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/charles-oakley-accuses-knicks-owner-james-dolan-of-orchestrating-alleged-assault-in-court-filing-040934809.html

Report: Charles Oakley accuses Knicks owner James Dolan of orchestrating alleged assault in court filing

Jason Owens

Wed, December 16, 2020, 8:09 PM PST

Charles Oakley accused New York Knicks owner James Dolan of orchestrating an alleged assault by Madison Square Garden security in new court papers filed in a three-year-old civil case, The Athletic’s Daniel Kaplan reports.

The new filings stem from a long-simmering conflict between the two sides that overflowed when security forcefully removed Oakley from MSG during a Knicks game in 2017 following a scuffle in the baseline stands.

Ian Schafer
@ischafer
Soooooo Charles Oakley just got into a fight at he Knicks game.
https://twitter.com/i/status/829500863794274305

Oakley sued after Dolan assault charges were dropped

Oakley, a fan favorite from his stint as a Knicks enforcer in the 1990s, was charged with misdemeanor assault, harassment and trespassing after the incident. Oakley accepted a plea agreement, and charges were dismissed in 2018.

Dolan banned Oakley from MSG, and the two sides have engaged in a public war of words disparaging each other since. Oakley filed a civil suit against Dolan and the Knicks in September of 2017, accusing security personnel of assault, battery and false imprisonment. He accused Dolan of defamation in the suit.

Manhattan Federal Judge Richard Sullivan dismissed the suit in February, writing in his decision that “Oakley grossly misunderstands the law concerning a landlord’s right to remove a trespasser from its property.”

This and that around the League 20-21 - Page 2 1aadd040-401d-11eb-bf7e-05a6ab15661d
Long-simmering beef between Charles Oakley and James Dolan has a new layer.(AP Photo/Tony Dejak, File)

Case revived, Oakley claims new evidence against Dolan

Oakley vowed to appeal the decision, and the federal Second Circuit Court of Appeals reinstated the assault and battery claim. Those claims were originally filed against MSG, but Oakley wants to now name Dolan personally, according to documents obtained by Kaplan.

Oakley’s legal team claims that new video evidence demonstrates that Dolan instructed his security team to carry out the alleged assault. Per the new filing obtained by The Athletic:

“After filing the Amended Complaint (in 2018), Plaintiff came into possession of evidence that demonstrated that Mr. Dolan, too, engaged in sufficient conduct to be held liable for the assault and battery at issue in this case.

“Specifically, Plaintiff learned the following concerning the moments before and after the alleged assault and battery: during a stoppage in game play, while Plaintiff was not acting boisterously, Mr. Dolan, after looking at Plaintiff, called over and conferred with a security guard; that guard then walked away and joined a group of approximately ten other security guards that had assembled on the side of the court.”

MSG responded to the new claims in a statement provided to The Athletic.

“All claims against Jim Dolan have been dismissed, including on appeal, so we fully expect the court to once again find this latest attempt entirely without merit,” the statement reads.

Oakley and MSG have long maintained that Oakley was the instigator in the incident.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Remember when we thought we had it bad with Paul Gaston and The Chicken King, John Y. Brown?  Dolan can't point to any Championship banners, only an almost non-stop history of lottery picks.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:10 am

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/nba-rumors-rockets-asking-price-potential-james-harden-trade-76ers-revealed

Report: Rockets' asking price in potential Harden trade with 76ers revealed

DEC 15, 2020

BY NICK GOSS

The Boston Celtics will play the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday night in their first preseason game before the 2020-21 NBA campaign. Could the Sixers roster look much different when these rivals meet in the regular season?

Well, it would if the 76ers pulled off a trade with the Houston Rockets to acquire superstar guard James Harden.

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, the Philadelphia 76ers, Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks and Miami Heat are among Harden's preferred trade destinations.

Marc Stein of the New York Times reported last week that the 76ers are the "most likely destination" for Harden if he's traded. Neither the Rockets nor the Sixers seem to be giving an inch, though.

When you look at the 76ers roster, it would be surprising if they could make a trade for Harden without including one of Ben Simmons or Joel Embiid. Simmons is an elite point guard and Embiid is an elite center. They are the type of franchise cornerstone players that the Rockets should pursue in any Harden deal.

But according to former Bleacher Report writer Yaron Weitzman, the asking price for Harden in a potential trade with the Sixers isn't limited to just Simmons.

The 76ers are in full win-now mode, but they should still be mindful of the future. Harden might make the Sixers a better title contender right now and next year, but he's 31 years old and is due for another massive contract as early as the summer of 2022 when he can decline his player option to become a free agent.

Simmons is just 24 years old and already a better all-around player than Harden. His durability is a concern, as injuries have limited him at times since being drafted in 2016. When healthy, Simmons is a top 15 talent, though.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:44 am

I know it's only pre-season but the Clippers don't look good at all.
Game 1 - scored 81 points in a loss to the Lakers.
Game 2 - lost to the Lakers by 25 points.
Game 3 - lost to the Jazz by 20 points.
In last nights game, Kawhi and PG had a total of 3 rebounds in a combined 48 minutes.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:55 am

One less obstacle for the Lakers getting to the finals again, tj!

Hopefully, we will see you there!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:13 pm

I wish Oakley could get Dolan in ally just one time, without all of Dolans bodyguards around.

I think that is the the Justice that needs to be served up.

10 minutes man on man...but Dolan like a typical rich punk isn't man enough to take what he has coming.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:34 pm

kdp59 wrote:I wish Oakley could get Dolan in ally just one time, without all of Dolans bodyguards around.

I think that is the the Justice that needs to be served up.

10 minutes man on man...but Dolan like a typical rich  punk isn't man enough to take what he has coming.

That obviously would not be a fair fight.
Plus who wants 65 and 57 year old men handling their differences this way?
Oakley was partially or primarily wrong in the MSG case.
He also had an issue with security guards in Las Vegas 10 years ago.
Dolan is a joke for an NBA owner.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm

This looks like a legal case of who is going to run out of money first and when all is said and done have nothing to show for it. I'll put my money on Oakley.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:21 pm

Stupid stupid fight. Oakley was in the wrong, but Dolan made a mistake baring him from MSG for life. For a guy like that, being out there with the crowd is what he still lives for.

Two juveniles not handling this situation correctly. Oakley is very popular in NYC, but he is still a bully. Dolan should have been thrown out of the league years ago, he is ruining a franchise that does not deserve what he is doing
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Plus who wants 65 and 57 year old men handling their differences this way?

me...why not?

everything else is just pussing out..come on man!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:49 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Stupid stupid fight.  Oakley was in the wrong, but Dolan made a mistake baring him from MSG for life.  For a guy like that, being out there with the crowd is what he still lives for.  

Two juveniles not handling this situation correctly.  Oakley is very popular in NYC, but he is still a bully.  Dolan should have been thrown out of the league years ago, he is ruining a franchise that does not deserve what he is doing

I agree 100%
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:41 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30562881/rudy-gobert-agrees-5-year-205-million-extension-utah-jazz

Rudy Gobert agrees to 5-year, $205 million extension with Utah Jazz

6:55 AM PT
Tim MacMahon
ESPN Staff Writer

All-NBA big man Rudy Gobert will sign a five-year, $205 million contract extension with the Utah Jazz, he told ESPN after agreeing to the largest deal for a center in league history.

"It means that they believe in me," Gobert told ESPN. "They believe in what we've been building over the years with this whole organization, with Coach [Quin Snyder] and all the guys. For me, it's an incredible blessing. It's a very motivating feeling to know that we all share the same vision and we all share this goal for this state and for this franchise."

Gobert, 28, was eligible for a supermax extension worth $228 million -- identical to the deal Giannis Antetokounmpo just signed with the Milwaukee Bucks -- because he is a two-time Defensive Player of the Year and three-time All-NBA selection. Gobert said he did not request the full supermax because he wanted the Jazz to have flexibility to continue building around co-star Donovan Mitchell and him.

"For me, my goal is to always win a championship," said Gobert, who has a player option for the fifth season of the deal. "When we spoke with my agent before the negotiations started, I decided that I didn't want to ask for the supermax. We didn't want to start the negotiations by asking for the supermax. For me, it was important to show to the organization and show to the team that it wasn't about money. It was about continuing to build what we've been building and also give this team and give myself the stability and the peace of mind to not have to deal with the negotiations later.

"I want to win, and I feel like leaving this money on the table for the team just to be able to have better talent around me and Donovan was really important. I want to win, and I believe in this group and I believe in this organization, and I was willing to leave that money on the table for them."

Gobert's contract is the third-biggest deal in NBA history, behind Antetokounmpo's freshly signed deal and a five-year, $206.8 million deal that Washington Wizards point guard Russell Westbrook signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2017.

The Jazz locked up both of their All-Star franchise cornerstones to long-term extensions this offseason. Shooting guard Mitchell, 24, signed a five-year maximum extension of his rookie contract worth a guaranteed $163 million, with a 30% escalator clause that would increase the overall value of the deal to $195 million if he is selected to an All-NBA team this season.

There was well-documented tension between Gobert and Mitchell that surfaced during the NBA's hiatus earlier this year, but both players expressed confidence that they could continue to form a productive professional partnership after discussing their issues before the league's restart. That belief was reaffirmed by their chemistry in the bubble.

This and that around the League 20-21 - Page 2 I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2020%2F1208%2Fr787152_1296x729_16%2D9
Rudy Gobert has been an All-NBA selection in three of the past four seasons and was named the league's Defensive Player of the Year in 2017-18 and 2018-19. AP Photo/Ashley Landis

"After all the things that happened within our team and all that, I really wanted to go back in the bubble and see how things are going," Gobert said. "After the bubble, I really felt like I could win a championship with Donovan. I think we've both grown a lot, and we're going to keep growing. I'm really excited that we're going to be able to continue this journey together."

Gobert has developed into one of the NBA's most dominant big men during his seven seasons in Utah, which traded for the 27th overall pick in the 2013 draft to select the 7-foot-1 Frenchman and assigned him to what was then called the D League for most of his rookie season.

"Watching Rudy evolve as a player on the court through his competitiveness, relentless work ethic and his passion and dedication to improve has been tremendous," Snyder wrote in a text message to ESPN. "He is an elite player and impacts our team in so many ways with his unique skill set, let alone his sheer will to win. He also has also has great belief in his teammates and what they accomplish. I am even more proud of how Rudy has grown personally and the impact he has had in our community and across the globe. His commitment to youth and to others has been so rewarding to see, and I know he will continue to make his mark in meaningful ways."

Gobert, who is entering the final season of a four-year, $102 million contract, has been an All-NBA selection in three of the past four seasons and was named the league's Defensive Player of the Year in 2017-18 and 2018-19. He has averaged 14.7 points, 12.6 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game during the Jazz's streak of four consecutive seasons with postseason berths, having been a pillar of the franchise's transformation from a 25-win team his rookie year to a perennial playoff squad.

"Utah is home for me," said Gobert, who launched his Rudy's Kids Foundation in 2017 to assist underprivileged children in Salt Lake City, every other NBA city and his hometown of Saint-Quentin, France. "I see myself as a loyal person. I've had so many people tell me, 'Why don't you go to a bigger market?' I always tell people that winning a championship in Utah and creating our legacy in Utah would mean so much more.

"I think Donovan is thinking the same way, Coach Q is thinking the same way, [new Jazz owner] Ryan Smith is thinking the same way. We really want to build something and create something and create our way. We want to make something that has never happened before, and for me, that's also the exciting part about it. I believe that we're going to win a championship in Utah."

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:57 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-bucks-lose-second-round-pick-bogdan-bogdanovic-sign-trade-deal-nba-rules-violation-172526174.html

Bucks lose 2022 second-round pick for violating NBA rules in Bogdan Bogdanovic fiasco

Cassandra Negley

Mon, December 21, 2020, 9:25 AM PST

The Milwaukee Bucks will be docked a second-round pick in the 2022 NBA draft for communicating with shooting guard Bogdan Bogdanovic before free agency opened, the NBA announced Monday.

Vincent Goodwill
@VinceGoodwill
The NBA announces the Milwaukee Bucks will be stripped of a 2022 second-round draft pick for engaging in pre free agency discussions with Bogdan Bogdanovic
9:08 AM · Dec 21, 2020

The NBA opened an investigation in November into a sign-and-trade deal offered by the Bucks to the former Sacramento Kings star.

“The investigation concluded that early discussions did in fact occur, constituting conduct detrimental to the NBA,” the league said in a statement.

“The penalty took into account the Bucks’ cooperation with the investigation, the absence of evidence of any impermissible early agreement on the terms of the contract between the Bucks and Bogdanovic and the fact that the team ultimately did not sign Bogdanovic.”

The reported deal never came to fruition due to Bogdanovic never agreeing to it, per reports. He signed with the Atlanta Hawks the following week.

Bucks create fiasco with Bogdanovic deal

This and that around the League 20-21 - Page 2 A9fdd870-43b1-11eb-b7cb-499e14f11d1a
Bogdan Bogdanovic was part of a reported deal involving the Milwaukee Bucks, but the communication occurred before free agency opened. (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli)

The Kings had a sign-and-trade deal in place to send restricted free agent Bogdanovic, 28, to the Bucks on Nov. 16. The free agency period began Nov. 20 and teams are not allowed to communicate with players or their agents until then. The NBA investigated if the sides did speak before then when Bogdanovic was still a member of the Kings organization.

The Bucks would have reportedly sent Donte Divincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova and D.J. Wilson to Sacramento. It was part of the Bucks’ moves to improve the team around two-time league MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo, thereby keeping him happy ahead of his own free agency. Antetokounmpo signed a supermax deal with the Bucks last week.

Two days after the reported deal for Bogdanovic it began to fall apart, reportedly due to the fact that the player didn’t agree to the deal. He instead tested the free agency market, landing in Atlanta on a four-year, $72 million deal.

Bogdanovic averaged 15.1 points, 3.4 rebounds and 3.4 assists in the 2019-20 season and shot 37.2 percent from the 3-point line.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:35 pm

Are any of the traded three (Donte Divincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova or D.J. Wilson) still playing for the Bucks. If so, it must suck for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Gee the Bucks lost all 3 of their preseason games as has the Spurs and Pacers and Clippers and Boston is 0-2.  The Suns are 0-4.  

So much for pre-season
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:42 pm

This was just too soon to come back I think, or too short a pre season to train and workout together
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:49 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This was just too soon to come back I think, or too short a pre season to train and workout together

Rosalie way too short especially for the rookies and 2nd year guys. This is problematic of having too many young guys on the team. And you have Minor aches and pains to DT and TT and KW is absent. And of course no GH.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:37 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:This was just too soon to come back I think, or too short a pre season to train and workout together

I agree, it takes away from the overall quality and experience of professional sports.

With the usual time between the playoffs and training camp, Kemba could have had his procedure and recovered in time. Instead, we lose him for 1/4 to 1/2 of the season. They may even rush him back too early. So we lose a season with our best player and give many the opportunity to rag on Danny for signing him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next