Giannis To Stay with Bucks Empty Re: Giannis To Stay with Bucks

Post by dboss Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:08 pm

https://www.espn.com/
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Bet that broke Riley’s heart, he had been rumored for almost a year at trying to get him. Maybe LeBron will go back to Miami? Ha ha
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:15 pm

They built the roster up around him to keep him in Milwaukee and to compete. They paid him big.

It's good to be Giannis today... and for the foreseeable future
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:55 pm

What a contract! What a world we are living in, to think the most money Bill Russell ever made was $101,000. Unreal where the NBA has come
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:37 pm

Best thing to happen in this league in quite a while. Good for him. Staying in a less than glamorous market with the team that drafted him and continuing to try and win a title.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:25 pm

I agree, this is what it is like to have loyalty. In the end, he was rewarded handsomely, will not have to worry about his family and can just go play basketball.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:52 pm

Giannis staying with the Bucks is good news for a league that has witnessed a trend that has resulted in the accumulation of talent among only a few teams.

However I am not quite ready to sing his praises for staying put.  Many will point to Lebron going to Miami or AD trading himself from NOLA.  We should consider that both of these players gave their teams more than enough time to build a contender around them.  Guys like PG gave his team  heads up that he was ready to move on.  Harden has been in Houston for 8 years now and he has scoring titles but not much else.  Durant joined a championship team which is like going to a move in ready residence.  He hated Draymond Green.  KD proves to be a band wagon jumper.  Now he joins KI Irving who proved to be an unreliable teammate.   These guys are not capable of going to a team unless it is a partnership with other stars.  Butler left but there were no stars in Miami when he joined them.  Giannis stayed put because #1 he got freakin paid, #2 he has two allstar level players on his team in Middleton and Holiday and the Bucks franchise is trying to win now.  Danny tried to add allstar quality guys to the team and it did not work out.  Now Danny knows that he has 3 guys to build around JT, JB and MS.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Kevin Garnett stayed with Minnesota for 12 seasons before suggesting it was time to leave.  They tried to add players over the years, but it never got the team to the promised land.  He loved his 'Sota, but he found that he wanted more.  To our immense joy, he ended up here.  He had a good run with Boston, but it proved a bit too late in his career.  

IMO, KG set the standard for leaving a team.  He quietly let Minnesota know he wanted to leave and allowed them to work with his choice of teams in order to make a trade that brought something back to 'Sota.  

Other players left after either forcing their team's hand or by just leaving as a free agent.  Butler did both I believe, two of the prior and one of the latter, to three different teams.  I think Paul George also left his prior team with little leverage on his way our the door.  LeBron left two teams with nothing.

It is not so much that some players left teams that didn't build a contender around them.  Its how they went about it.  Durant went to a stacked team, the very one who put his last team out of the playoffs.  That's some very weak tea.  Harden is also serving up some weak tea on the way out of Houston.  Irving did it to us.  It is not a good look.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:59 pm

The sad thing Gyso, is that they could care less. There is such a lack of pride out there. That last game that Irving played in for us was such a sad display of selfishness that I cannot even look at him. But, the NBA loved this in the beginning. Now what?

By the way, did you see the picture of Harden after he reported finally to Houston? He did not look like a player who was trying to entice another team to trade for him, totally totally out of shape. Interesting

\

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:09 pm

gyso wrote:Kevin Garnett stayed with Minnesota for 12 seasons before suggesting it was time to leave.  They tried to add players over the years, but it never got the team to the promised land.  He loved his 'Sota, but he found that he wanted more.  To our immense joy, he ended up here.  He had a good run with Boston, but it proved a bit too late in his career.  

IMO, KG set the standard for leaving a team.  He quietly let Minnesota know he wanted to leave and allowed them to work with his choice of teams in order to make a trade that brought something back to 'Sota.  

Other players left after either forcing their team's hand or by just leaving as a free agent.   Butler did both I believe, two of the prior and one of the latter, to three different teams.  I think Paul George also left his prior team with little leverage on his way our the door.   LeBron left two teams with nothing.

It is not so much that some players left teams that didn't build a contender around them.  Its how they went about it.  Durant went to a stacked team, the very one who put his last team out of the playoffs.  That's some very weak tea.  Harden is also serving up some weak tea on the way out of Houston.  Irving did it to us.  It is not a good look.

I agree about KG.

I guess we are living in a totally different sports community. Durant's move was the weakest of all.

I sure am glad that our two young studs wanted to be Celtics for the long haul.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:48 pm

Rosalie,

I saw that picture of fat Harden Jr. Funny and sad at the same time.

I read where Houston will most likely keep him this season. They cannot get value for value in a trade. It's going to be a rough time for Houston fans, or maybe for him. They may boo him every time he touches the ball!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:57 pm

dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:Kevin Garnett stayed with Minnesota for 12 seasons before suggesting it was time to leave.  They tried to add players over the years, but it never got the team to the promised land.  He loved his 'Sota, but he found that he wanted more.  To our immense joy, he ended up here.  He had a good run with Boston, but it proved a bit too late in his career.  

Other players left after either forcing their team's hand or by just leaving as a free agent.   Butler did both I believe, two of the prior and one of the latter, to three different teams.  I think Paul George also left his prior team with little leverage on his way our the door.   LeBron left two teams with nothing.

I agree about KG.  

I guess we are living in a totally different sports community.  Durant's move was the weakest of all.

I sure am glad that our two young studs wanted to be Celtics for the long haul.

Durant is a flip* pussy, every pundit has called that the weakest move in NBA history....your up 3-1 to go to Finals, you play terrible in every 4th quarter and can’t close then you go to that stacked team the next year?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down