Will the Bucks trade Giannis to Boston?

+3
NYCelt
RosalieTCeltics
worcester
7 posters

Go down

Will the Bucks trade Giannis to Boston? Empty Will the Bucks trade Giannis to Boston?

Post by worcester Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:47 pm

All I have to say on this topic is to post this video from Chilliwack, a B.C., Canada group from the 1970's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BIiJt4Pe5c
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Will the Bucks trade Giannis to Boston? Empty Re: Will the Bucks trade Giannis to Boston?

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:38 pm

sorry, not if it means parting with Tatum and Smart and I am sure that is just the beginning of what they would want. I will take my chances with our team and new additions next year. I love Giannis's game, but I will not be happy blowing up what we have for him. I went thru this last year over Anthony Davis, and I will stick to my position now. I absolutely love having Marcus Smart here in Boston. Some of the things he does, just cannot be replaced. HEART, that is the big one
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Will the Bucks trade Giannis to Boston? Empty Re: Will the Bucks trade Giannis to Boston?

Post by worcester Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:01 pm

I think it is crazy talk to think we are getting Giannis.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:36 pm

Me too!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:37 pm

και εγώ
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:41 pm

Yiasoo, NY Celt.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:35 am

Giannas said again yesterday he plans on staying in Milwaukee. That won't dampen the trade talk (not until he signs his supermax deal).

Miami and GS would seem to be teams willing to bring him in. But as I said before, Ainge can out bid them (Browns' deal starting next NBA season would be the kicker  for Salary purposes)

so that leaves two questions,

1) would Giannis want a trade and would he sign an extension with Boston?

2) does a trade built around Brown and maybe three first round picks make the Celtics a better team?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:40 am

NO WAY can the Cs trade Tatum one for one with Milwaukee for Giannis--never mind putting Tatum AND Smart in a trade for him.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:38 pm

rumor mill now is clamoring about C. Paul to join Giannis at Milwaukee next year .

looks like a Bledsoe, Ilyasova and Hill for Paul trade would just about meet the salary cap rules.

Okl would be only taking on Bledsoes' deal for longer than one year. (partial guarantee on Hills deal).

of course they would likely try to move Bledsoe at some point then. But if that happens, Adams may become available for trade also.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:16 pm

kdp59 wrote:rumor mill now is clamoring about C. Paul to join Giannis at Milwaukee next year .

looks like a Bledsoe, Ilyasova and Hill for Paul trade would just about meet the salary cap rules.

Okl would be only taking on Bledsoes' deal for longer than one year. (partial guarantee on Hills deal).

of course they would likely try to move Bledsoe at some point then. But if that happens, Adams may become  available for trade also.

To me, this trade is just moving around the deck chairs.
If Giannis wants to play with a superstar and have a good chance at a championship, adding Chris Paul will help minimally at best.
George Hill lead the NBA in 3 point shooting.
Bledsoe is a pretty good regular season player. He’s a very good defensive guard.
Chris Paul is past his prime and no longer even at all-star level.
I doubt a trade like this is a big incentive for Giannis to stay.
But, maybe Giannis will want to stay or maybe he really wants the supermax money.
I’m of the opinion that he does not want to stay long term in Milwaukee and that they will have to trade him.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:05 pm

Hmmmmm.......

https://sports.yahoo.com/giannis-antetokounmpo-appears-unfollow-bucks-174437151.html
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:38 pm

tjmakz wrote:Hmmmmm.......

https://sports.yahoo.com/giannis-antetokounmpo-appears-unfollow-bucks-174437151.html

TJ the Bucks are going to try to hold on to him no matter what.  We have seen this one play out before.  A team has a superstar for 7 years but cannot build a winner around him.  Year 6 is the decision making year but if your star guy cannot commit to staying you have to explore trade options.

OKC is going into a rebuild so if they can dump Chris Paul they should do it.  He is 35 but is still better than most PG's in the league and a pairing with the Freak would be great as long as they keep Middleton.  

Trading the Freak to the team that can offer the best return may be the best option for the Bucks.  

If I'm the Bucks I would go all out to add pieces that would encourage the freak to sign the deal.  The Bucks lack the assets in young players and picks to make a big splash.  They have too many bad contracts on the books as well.

Giannis will leave them high and dry unless they trade him.

By the way TJ I cannot help but recall our preseason discussion about AD playing the 5 for LAL.  They look better with him at the 5 along with more wing scoring.  I am more convinced now that they will win the WCF.

I would like to see the Suns make a deal for the Freak. Get him out of the East
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:15 pm

dboss wrote:
tjmakz wrote:Hmmmmm.......

TJ the Bucks are going to try to hold on to him no matter what.  We have seen this one play out before.  A team has a superstar for 7 years but cannot build a winner around him.  Year 6 is the decision making year but if your star guy cannot commit to staying you have to explore trade options.

OKC is going into a rebuild so if they can dump Chris Paul they should do it.  He is 35 but is still better than most PG's in the league and a pairing with the Freak would be great as long as they keep Middleton.  

Trading the Freak to the team that can offer the best return may be the best option for the Bucks.  

If I'm the Bucks I would go all out to add pieces that would encourage the freak to sign the deal.  The Bucks lack the assets in young players and picks to make a big splash.  They have too many bad contracts on the books as well.

Giannis will leave them high and dry unless they trade him.

By the way TJ I cannot help but recall our preseason discussion about AD playing the 5 for LAL.  They look better with him at the 5 along with more wing scoring.  I am more convinced now that they will win the WCF.

I would like to see the Suns make a deal for the Freak.  Get him out of the East

Dboss,

Yes, we had many discussions before the season about AD not wanting to play full time center.
During the regular season, the Lakers had the 2nd best record in the league with McGee and Howard getting the majority of the minutes at center.
AD has no issues playing center in the playoffs, especially when he had to against Houston.
I expect that the Lakers will go back to their regular center rotation against a traditional center like Zubac or Jokic.
What has changed for the Lakers since our discussions months ago is the addition of Morris.
Morris can start while Kuzma can come in and play the 3 or 4.
Kuzma is a much better perimeter defender than down low.
The opposite is true of Morris. He is tougher down on the block and is much stronger than Kuzma.

The Lakers are playing great right now.
Their perimeter defense is better than it has been all year.
I think the Lakers would dominate Denver but will have a battle against the Clippers.

As for Giannis, yes, Milwaukee will do everything possible to improve the team to keep him.
Who knows if that will be enough.
I was very disappointed with how Giannis played in the playoffs.
His 3 pt and FT shooting were terrible.
Giannis is the best regular season player, but I would still take Lebron over anyone else in the league for the playoffs.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down