+3
NYCelt
bobc33
RosalieTCeltics
7 posters

Go down

Tatum and Covid Empty Tatum and Covid

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:22 pm

Celtics' Jayson Tatum says he still feels effects from COVID-19: 'It messes with your breathing'

Story on CBS sports .
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Tatum and Covid Empty Re: Tatum and Covid

Post by bobc33 Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:46 pm

I hope he doesn’t have it, but there is a risk for anyone regardless of age.  I have a condition they call Dysautonomia which is basically identical to Long Covid.  It can be caused by many illnesses which a person seems to recover from initially but then the symptoms below appear and do not go away.  I’ve had it for years and most days it is a struggle to walk the dog around the block.  If I do something like play nine holes of golf in a cart, I have to plan on at least 48 hours of mostly bed rest.  Work, travel, exercise, and social activities are all severely curtailed.  

Let’s hope Jason gets back to 100% soon.

“What are the symptoms of long Covid?
Most people who had symptoms recovered quickly and were able to resume their normal lives after a few days. But for some, the effects of the virus can last for weeks or months. This has been known as “long Covid”.

For some, it can seem like a cycle of improving and then getting worse again. These long-term effects aren’t only amongst those who needed go to hospital, or even who felt seriously unwell when they first caught the virus.

Lasting symptoms of coronavirus can include:

fatigue
breathlessness
anxiety and depression
palpitations
chest pains
joint or muscle pain
not being able to think straight or focus (‘brain fog’)”

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Bob,

I remember you telling me about this and it's effects last time I saw you. I can't imagine running the court for 30 plus minutes with even one of those symptoms, much less a couple.

I believe this is just a reminder of the insignificance of this season. If the team's young star is sick, he's sick. Reduce minutes or even shut him down for a while. Better to invite a crash and burn season knowing the elements are there to come back and compete next year. Sacrificing Tatum's well being isn't worth it.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:57 pm

NYCelt wrote:Bob,

I remember you telling me about this and it's effects last time I saw you. I can't imagine running the court for 30 plus minutes with even one of those symptoms, much less a couple.

I believe this is just a reminder of the insignificance of this season. If the team's young star is sick, he's sick. Reduce minutes or even shut him down for a while. Better to invite a crash and burn season knowing the elements are there to come back and compete next year. Sacrificing Tatum's well being isn't worth it.

Regards

This is exactly my thought.
If Tatum really is having some effects from COVID, why is he playing?
Why was he cleared by Boston’s doctors?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:05 pm

Regards

Ditto +1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:51 pm

My colleagues tell me that every Chinese Plympic athlete takes Cordyceps to improve lung function. It works very well with my patients. Google it BobC33. My favorite supplier of it is Health Concerns.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:55 am

tjmakz wrote:

Regards

This is exactly my thought.
If Tatum really is having some effects from COVID, why is he playing?
Why was he cleared by Boston’s doctors?

My guess would be because no one is able to quantify the after effects at the moment and how to treat them, why they show up, when etc. I would hope it means he is experience only light symptoms as well. Otherwise he should be monitored more closely with a minute restriction or even not playing in my opinion as well.

Puts in retrospect the problems the team is having this season. Health should come first always. He is young and strong but not jeopardizing his health should be prio 1.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down