Yes, Celtics Have Been So Bad Even Mike Gorman Is Taking Shots At Team

5 posters

Go down

Yes, Celtics Have Been So Bad Even Mike Gorman Is Taking Shots At Team Empty Yes, Celtics Have Been So Bad Even Mike Gorman Is Taking Shots At Team

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:35 pm

Yes, Celtics Have Been So Bad Even Mike Gorman Is Taking Shots At Team
The play-by-play man put Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum on blast

NESN by Sean T. McGuire

You know the Boston Celtics are in a bad place when their most loyal fan is throwing his hands up in the air, disgusted with how the now below .500 team continues to play.

That’s just what Mike Gorman, the Celtics longtime play-by-play announcer, did Wednesday during an appearance on 98.5 The Sports Hub’s “Toucher & Rich” radio show.

And you’ll quickly pick up on where he puts the biggest slices of blame pie.

“Let me start, I couldn’t be happier for Jayson (Tatum) and Jaylen (Brown). I hope they’re named Co-MVPs of the game. The All-Star Game is a perfect showcase for those two guys because they have an abundance of individual skills and that’s what the All-Star Game is all about — individuals going 1-on-1 — and we know about going 1-on-1,” Gorman said of the station.

“Unfortunately, last time I looked, basketball is a team game, it’s not tennis, it’s a team game. And we are just playing like we met on the bus on the way over. It’s really sad to watch these guys right now.”

Gorman — again, who seemingly would take a bullet for the organization — didn’t stop there either.

“Now am I saying that Tatum and Brown are responsible for the Celtics’ current record? Yeah, I am. I really believe that to be the case. Because when you’re the best player on a team, you also get the glory and you also get the gas,” Gorman said. “You also have to lead by example.

“… This team needs to be more unselfish, and it needs to start at the top, and the top right now is Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown, and they need to respond. They can go have their weekend in Atlanta, they can go play (the All-Star Game). But when they come back to business here in Boston, they’ve got to start thinking about winning games and not about getting numbers.”

Gorman also seems to be on Team Brad, noting the Celtics “would be crazy” to get rid of the head coach despite the fact the team is 15-16 and has lost 13 of its last 20 games.

Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck said much of the same during a later interview on the same radio station.

Back to top Go down

Yes, Celtics Have Been So Bad Even Mike Gorman Is Taking Shots At Team Empty Re: Yes, Celtics Have Been So Bad Even Mike Gorman Is Taking Shots At Team

Post by gyso Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:01 pm

Mike Gorman agrees with Rosalie!!!

Point the fingers at the players. Those on the current "Fire Brad" bandwagon are crazy, according to Mike.

Back to top Go down

Yes, Celtics Have Been So Bad Even Mike Gorman Is Taking Shots At Team Empty Re: Yes, Celtics Have Been So Bad Even Mike Gorman Is Taking Shots At Team

Post by Ktron Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:46 am

gyso wrote:Mike Gorman agrees with Rosalie!!!

Point the fingers at the players.  Those on the current "Fire Brad" bandwagon are crazy, according to Mike.

I agree with Mike. On the floor it starts with those 2 “stars”.
As far as getting rid of the coach, I also agree with Mike but unfortunately it doesn’t always work out that way so we will continue to hear the noise about firing Brad. I don’t agree with every single move Brad makes but he is still one of the best in the NBA. So, what happens if these 2 “stars” don’t turn it around and continue to do their one on one thing? What happens if no matter what strategy Brad try’s to employ on the floor and in the locker room, these 2 “stars” AND mates still continue to do “their thing”?
What happens next? When is next?
I assume they reevaluate at that time and redetermine what the problem is? If they decide its the coach then he goes if it’s those 2 “stars” then moves are made to replace them?
How much time goes by before the revaluation and redetermination takes place?
Personally, my feelings are that they should know by now or by seasons end at the latest and as I said earlier, at this point, I have to agree with Mike. Those 2 need to git it going sooner than soon. It’s been 13 years. Times a wasting...

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:07 am

I don't think it makes sense to fire Stevens either.

Unfortunately, the idea that you fire the coach because you can't fire the whole team got started for a reason.

Coaches and GMs have a limited shelf life. The exceptions, like Pop or Stotts, are with teams where ownership is more in tune with day-to-day operations. Recent events would lead to Stevens being shown the door with several teams. The Celtics ownership group seems fairly present in ongoing operations, so maybe Stevens still has a good amount of time on his side. I suspect we'll know the answer as soon as the off-season arrives.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:41 am

Guess Gorman sees the same crap I see from Tatum...suppose I'm not nuts after all (or maybe he has the same delusions, who knows).

I strongly urge everyone to find the clip and listen. Gorman calls out our "all-stars" who seem to be more worried about their numbers than winning.

I'll say it again, IF Tatum is still playing this $hitty me ball/ laxy crap next season it might be time to see if Ainge can sell high on the next Alex English (never won a DAMN thing in the NBA, but has GREAT numbers).

That doesn't mean I don't want Tatum to BECOME a leader, I hope he does. But lets not BS anyone, he is NOT now. It seems like Brown and Tatum may have some Wall/ Beal issues too, time will tell on that for sure.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down