Mike Gorman reveals how much longer he would like to call Celtics games

3 posters

Go down

Mike Gorman reveals how much longer he would like to call Celtics games Empty Mike Gorman reveals how much longer he would like to call Celtics games

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:44 pm

https://www.audacy.com/weei/sports/celtics/mike-gorman-opens-up-about-his-broadcasting-future

Mike Gorman reveals how much longer he would like to call Celtics games

By Alex Reimer
WEEI 93.7
a day ago

The Celtics’ blistering run throughout the Eastern Conference hasn’t only energized fans. Their resurgence has reinvigorated longtime play-by-play man Mike Gorman.

In a recent interview on the CLNS Celtics Beat podcast, Gorman said he wants to keep calling games for two more years — at least. “If you were to try to pin me down, I’d say two years,” Gorman said, as transcribed by Boston.com. “I don’t know how much I want to go on the road, so I’m going to have that discussion with both the Celtics and stuff, but if we can reach some sort of agreement there, I would say a couple years.”

Earlier this season, Gorman acknowledged his answer might’ve been a little different.

“If you were to ask me that again three months ago, I might have said maybe a year,” he said. “But now I’m intrigued. They are fun to watch, they are playing the game now the way the game should be played, which I didn’t think they were in the first 25 games of this year and I didn’t think they played at all last year. I like the way they play the game now. I like the spirit with which they play it.”

Gorman called games with Tommy Heinsohn for 20 years before the beloved analyst’s passing in November 2020. Brian Scalabrine took over for Heinsohn on a full-time basis.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Mike Gorman reveals how much longer he would like to call Celtics games Empty Re: Mike Gorman reveals how much longer he would like to call Celtics games

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:45 pm

Celtics better give him something to be REALLY intrigued about.  He's been around a very long time and has seen just about everything.  And if we're all on the same page, he wants to see a multi-year title run.  He'll stay for that.  Something between the recent GSW and the Chicago Bulls.  

There's only one franchise that can pull that off.  I know it, and you know it.  Lakers can't do it.  They've gone to the "stacking the deck" approach and all you have to do is take a look at this year's performance and you can see that never works.  And until they get their heads out of their respective a$$es, which will start in a couple of weeks with a massive application of the nuclear option, they will continue to wallow in below-mediocrity and not know why.  No more Lebron as de facto GM, no more AD, no more Russell Westbrook, no more Rob Palinka, etc.  Cash it all in.  Nothing less will suffice.  They've been perennial Finals participants but only bring a title back 50% of the time.  Our record is a quite a bit better.  Our problem is getting there on a regular basis.  You can't win a championship if you don't get to to the Finals.

Mr. Gorman has earned what's coming.  He deserves it.  

We all have earned and deserved what's coming when the Celtics were the first team in the NBA to draft Chuck Cooper in 1950.  We've all earned it when the Celtics started the the first black starting 5 on December 26, 1964.  We all have earned it since 40 years ago this June when Len Bias died shortly after being drafted.  We all earned it since 7 years later, Reggie Lewis died out of nowhere.  We've all earned it through the years of mediocrity that followed until 2007.  We've all earned it since Perk went down in Game 5 of the 2010 Finals vs. the Lakers.  The Celtics are on the edge of redefining what it means to be an NBA champion in the 21st Century.  And while the dynasty of a decade has long since past and will never resurface again, the dynasty of the 21st Century is still on the table.  The Bulls had the best chance to go 8-0 in the 90's, but Michael has some unfinished business in another sport.

Most importantly, to those here on this site who have literally seen it all.  The Sam's, the Rosalie's, the dboss's and anyone else I'm leaving off, please forgive me.  You've really earned what's coming.  It's time to leave the Lakers in the dust.  They've got at the best 5-10 years of mediocrity on their doorstep no matter what they do in a couple of weeks.      

That leaves the Celtics.  That leaves Ime and Brad at the helm for years to come until they achieve what we already know is coming.  We're onto something.    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Mike Gorman reveals how much longer he would like to call Celtics games Empty Re: Mike Gorman reveals how much longer he would like to call Celtics games

Post by Ktron Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:56 pm

Despite some obvious snafus of late, Gorman is still one of the best to ever put on a pair of headsets and crack a Mic. He could continue at a very high level for another 5-10 yrs easy but I can understand why he may want to Hang it up in a year or two. The travel grind and the ever changing media landscape is just cause and being saddled with a blithering imbecile making him work twice as hard with his stupid takes and the perpetual peppering of questions would want anyone to seriously consider escaping the broadcasting pandemic not so cleverly disguised as a Scalabrine.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down