Pre-Game 76ers

+2
cowens/oldschool
dbrown4
6 posters

Go down

Pre-Game 76ers Empty Pre-Game 76ers

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:14 am

All seriousness aside and with what looks like the new look Celtics beginning to get into stride, Tuesday's game is perfectly situated for us once again coming in on yet another 2-game winning streak to see if we now have what it takes to get over the hump. Not to mention we follow it up with a B2B vs. Knicks the next evening.

Again, dboss' words ring truer now more than ever...Our fate is in our own hands. And this couldn't be in a more brutal stretch over these 10 games. We are currently 2-2. I'm thinking 7-3 doesn't get it done. And by getting it done I mean get us into 4th or 5th place. With 22 games left for most teams, making up 8-9 games in the loss column is just about mathematically impossible to get us to 3rd. So 4th is about as good as it's going to get.

These two games may be it, folks, starting tomorrow night. We go 2-0 Tuesday and Wednesday nights, we've got some life for a run at 4th. Anything less than that and it's the Les Robinson Invitational, one and done, IMHBAO. Wife's paycheck.

Either it's the beginning of the beginning or the beginning of the end for this season.

I have to admit, things do look very compelling for this 2-0 round with the new line ups and new team members contributing right out of the gate. Is it enough? Let's find out!!

Go Celtics!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Pre-Game 76ers Empty Re: Pre-Game 76ers

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:45 pm

P.S. Just checking ESPN. As of right now, we are currently and officially out of any 2021 contender talk. Can't find a positive Boston reference anywhere. Even slipped one spot in their weekly ranking. That's what treading water will get you eventually...below water.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:29 am

Well it’s not Chamberlain vs Russell, but I’m going to enjoy the Timelord vs Embid match up tonite. Embid has taken his game up another level and is at his absolute peak. But the key to the game will be how well we continue to move/share the ball and the wing match ups of 2 J’s vs Simmons and Harris. 2 J’s get up for Simmons and like to score in his face.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:56 am

Simmons is the only NBA guard I know who simply does not like to shoot. Even Lonzo his now making 3's. Bunches of them.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:28 am

This morning I thought that this might be a good test, fully operational and all.

Now there's this recent update:

Evan Fournier SG
Apr 6 Out
Fournier (COVID-19 protocols) will not play Tuesday against the 76ers, Clevis Murray of The Athletic reports.

What does this mean? Another false positive?

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:40 am

This really hurts. My nephew tested positive on the 10 minute test but then took the PCR test twice which is actually much more accurate and tested negative both times. He still had to go into the 10 day covid protocol. NBA is probably even stricter. So many false positives. Too bad the entre NBA has not been vaxxed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:47 am

gyso wrote:This morning I thought that this might be a good test, fully operational and all.

Now there's this recent update:

Evan Fournier SG
Apr 6 Out
Fournier (COVID-19 protocols) will not play Tuesday against the 76ers, Clevis Murray of The Athletic reports.

What does this mean?  Another false positive?

shoot his game fits in perfect, this sucks

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:29 pm

Here's a great opportunity for a shooter like Nesmith to fill the void created by Score-nier's absence.  Also for Romeo to defend against a shooter like Korkmaz.

For all of us who have been calling for Brad to play the young'uns because that's the only way for them to develop you're getting your wish, because this is how it happens.  A better, more veteran player goes down and they have to be ready to step up, but that often doesn't happen against lesser teams. The result is likely a scarier outcome for us.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:35 pm

Mine thoughts exactly Bob.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:49 pm

I'm guessing this spread was pre-Fournier being out tonight but it's PHI-1!  I couldn't believe it myself!! I don't know what smoke the odds makers are crackin'!!

But regardless of Fournier, this game is not only winnable, but a must win IMHBAO .  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:38 pm

So if Fournier has Covid, imagine how many players apart from him will be put in protocol now... This will automatically guarantee the Celtics will be in the play in tournament.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down