Pre-Game 76ers

Go down

Pre-Game 76ers Empty Pre-Game 76ers

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:09 am

Tonight's game will answer some questions and probably bring up some more.

With it looking like Boston's chance of capturing 1st (or falling to 3rd for that matter) is all but out of the question, what does SIASJ do?  Jaylen Brown is Day-To-Day and RWIII is out for tonight.  Vegas with PHI (-2.5) has evidently taken this into account.  PHI doesn't even show up on the Injury Report so everybody's into the pool there.  What we need to be careful of tonight is giving PHI any kind of hope in the playoffs.  Any kind.  This game tonight needs to be the penultimate shovel of dirt on the PHI jobs of Elton Brand, Darrel Morey and Doc Rivers along with any hopes of The Project and James "It's Time For Me to Start Shutting My Game Down Because The Playoffs Are Just Around The Corner" Harden.  This complete dismantling that should have happened last season is now clearly completely unavoidable and inevitable.  This game tonight needs to be the harbinger of what's looming in a couple of weeks when PHI turns in it's last loss of the year somewhere in the first or second round and reality finally, long overdue now, will set in.  

There may be a little hope for us as MIL may have a surprise game possibly like we did as they are @WAS as we were there just recently.  But it will all depend on who shows up. Surprisingly, Chris Middleton and Grayson Allen are out. There's a crack in the door...Definitely record it if you haven't already.  

We can't seem to shake the crappy play bug this season.  It keeps popping up like an unwanted guest or a skin rash.  We've been hesitant to accept very gracious gifts from other teams once again this season when it matters or worse just shooting ourselves in the foot as with WAS.  

Good news is, when either JT or JB sits out, someone does step it up, usually DW or MB or Doogie.  But tonight is a toss up really.    

I think we're hovering over hitting the cruise button at this point.  But it's just on the edge with MIL playing @WAS tonight.  MIL wins that game and that will close the curtains for good.  If WAS pulls another surprise, which you have to believe they won't get away with doing it twice, then things could get interesting.  But we will come up short tonight and take care of it ourselves.  Book it, Danno.  

We're in a tenuous spot as well.  If things don't go well in the playoffs, i.e. anything short of being back in the Finals again, thus indicating a backing up/decline of sorts year-over-year, will have Brad questioning some bigger things that maybe we're not prepared to face at this point like the extreme idea of busting up the dynamic duo.  Is it working?  We'll find out.  The heat is on the team big time to capture Banner 18 in June.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down