rickdavisakaspike
bigpygme
Sam
beat
NYCelt
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach Empty Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Slow news time of year for the NBA.

Here's today's Celtic items (9/15/10) and the link.

------------------------------------------------

Still searching for another shooter, the Boston Celtics have Adam Morrison(notes) working out for their front-office and coaching staffs this week at the team’s practice facility, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Morrison worked out on Tuesday and planned to do so again on Wednesday, sources said.

The Celtics aren’t close to deciding if they’ll make any kind of make-good contract offer for training camp.

After the Charlotte Bobcats took him as the third overall pick in the 2006 draft, Morrison has had a spotty pro career. After 2½ seasons with the Bobcats, including one he missed with a knee injury, Morrison was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers, where he played few meaningful minutes behind Kobe Bryant(notes) and Lamar Odom(notes) over the past season and a half. He averaged 2.4 points in 31 games last season.

Still, Morrison, 26, has shown flashes in summer leagues, and several teams have an interest in working him out before the start of training camp.

Boston is planning to hire New Jersey Nets assistant coach Roy Rogers to replace Clifford Ray as the Celtics’ big-man coach, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap9x2sXStRtDC1RlFGqSJ3e8vLYF?slug=ys-morrisonceltics091510

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach Empty Re: Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach

Post by beat Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:06 pm

NYCelt

I suppose it beats Dale Evans or Trigger! Just hope the trails are "happy".

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach Empty Re: Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach

Post by Sam Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Well, I wanted a former Celtic to replace Ray, but I had Dave Cowens in mind.

For those who don't remember, Roy Rogers had a cup of coffee with the Celtics before being traded in 1998 by the Celtics with Chauncey Billups, Dee Brown and John Thomas to the Toronto Raptors for Kenny Anderson, Popeye Jones and Zan Tabak. Anyone love that trade?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Sam

I do hope those that made that one are LONG gone down the "happy trail".

Jeeps, had to believe that enough people thought that was a good trade at the time?

Where is the noose?

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Personally, I think the Celtics want Morrison to be their designated defender on Lebron.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 pm

not a bit sure why the C's have Adam hanging around, but what the hey !

if he could launch em in college with all that hair in his eyes (and yes, he could), he oughta be able to drain a few with NBA defenders' hands similarly obscuring his sight of the basket. Surprised maybe maybe maybe he's gonna make it somewhere - maybe he's just on a slower NBA learning curve than Redick (who also looked like a sure bust for a while) ...

IF he can turn the corner and become a contributor, then what the hey ! - i'd like to see him do it for the Celtics. but it's a big IF !!
Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Does anyone else think Danny is still copying plays out of Red's playbook?

Third overall pick in the draft, bounced around to a couple of teams before finding a place with the Celtics, whom does that remind me of? Siggy. Larry Siegfried. If Morrison signs and gives the team anything close to what Siggy brought, - well, one can always hope.

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Sam wrote:Personally, I think the Celtics want Morrison to be their designated defender on Lebron.

Sam

Sam,

Why Morrison?
Is Vladimir Radmanovic on Golden State's untouchable list?
He single-handedly shut down Pierce in the 2008 Finals.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Sam wrote:Well, I wanted a former Celtic to replace Ray, but I had Dave Cowens in mind.

For those who don't remember, Roy Rogers had a cup of coffee with the Celtics before being traded in 1998 by the Celtics with Chauncey Billups, Dee Brown and John Thomas to the Toronto Raptors for Kenny Anderson, Popeye Jones and Zan Tabak. Anyone love that trade?

Sam

Sam,

Well, I do think Popeye Jones is one of the all-time great "names" in the league!

At the time of the trade I was happy to see us get Kenny Anderson. Now I just wonder what we might have had if we kept Chauncey Billups and Dee Brown.

Zan Tabak...now there's something for a future trivia question.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:38 pm

From what I have seen, Morrison is not an NBA quality player.
Of the little athleticism that he had in college, that was lost when he tore up his knee.

Boston doesn't need this junk taking up space on the bench.
If they really want another player, go get a really athletic kid that can play some really good D for 5-8 minutes per game.
I would much rather have a Gerald Green/DJ Strawberry type of player then an Adam Morrison.
Plus, he will drive you crazy when you have to look at the thin and unkempt 16 year old beardish thing on his face.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:39 pm

bigpygme wrote:not a bit sure why the C's have Adam hanging around, but what the hey !

if he could launch em in college with all that hair in his eyes (and yes, he could), he oughta be able to drain a few with NBA defenders' hands similarly obscuring his sight of the basket. Surprised maybe maybe maybe he's gonna make it somewhere - maybe he's just on a slower NBA learning curve than Redick (who also looked like a sure bust for a while) ...

IF he can turn the corner and become a contributor, then what the hey ! - i'd like to see him do it for the Celtics. but it's a big IF !!
Michael

pygme,

Last I remember Morrison's now sporting a ponytail. No hair in the eyes that way. Hair in the eyes...you've made me nostalgic for college...and the days when I had lots of hair!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 pm

beat wrote:NYCelt

beat

Beat,

As I recall, they had Trigger stuffed. Didn't Morrison have the same problem?

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:44 pm

NYCelt wrote:
bigpygme wrote:not a bit sure why the C's have Adam hanging around, but what the hey !

Michael

pygme,

Last I remember Morrison's now sporting a ponytail. No hair in the eyes that way. Hair in the eyes...you've made me nostalgic for college...and the days when I had lots of hair!

Regards

Post a picture! And I will too!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Bob,

I'll have to see if I can find one that can be scanned.

By coincidence, my son has been asking to see childhood pictures of me, so I'll have to see what my parents can find. They may have something from college days.

If I can find one I'll do it, just so I can get a vision of you and a few others laughing so hard you fall out of your chair!

Regards

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:30 pm

NYC,

Deal.

Here is mine in avatar fashion. I should have married her!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Sam wrote:Personally, I think the Celtics want Morrison to be their designated defender on Lebron.

Sam

sam,

If that's the case, then they're in for a rude awakening. He doesn't have anywhere near the speed or defensive intensity to stay in front of LeBron.

I'd rather have a smaller guy, like Q, force him to post up (ever notice how rarely LBJ posts up?) or shoot from outside.

If they sign Morrison, kiss Harangody goodbye.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm

bobc33 wrote:NYC,

Deal.

So I see you got tall quick!

That tux is you.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm

NYCelt wrote:
beat wrote:NYCelt

beat

Beat,

As I recall, they had Trigger stuffed. Didn't Morrison have the same problem?

Regards

NYCelt,

In order for Morrison to have been stuffed, he would have had to get on the court.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Psst, Bob... I didn't see the [Sarcasm] markers, but I think Sam is pulling your leg. Unless the strategy is to incapacitate LeBron because he's doubled over laughing when he sees Morrison assigned to guard him.

I'd say Morrison has about the same defensive ability as a fire hydrant, except that a fire hydrant can actually trip up someone who attempts to run through it. Aww, I've actually said before that I like the kid and wish he would catch on with some lower-tier team, get some minutes, and maybe get his shot back. I suppose he can improve on defense, but realistically, the only way he's going to stick in the league is by scoring enough points to offset his defensive liabilities. But he has something different than a plain-vanilla personality, and that's sorely lacking in the league these days.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Outside wrote:Psst, Bob... I didn't see the [Sarcasm] markers, but I think Sam is pulling your leg. Unless the strategy is to incapacitate LeBron because he's doubled over laughing when he sees Morrison assigned to guard him.

I'd say Morrison has about the same defensive ability as a fire hydrant, except that a fire hydrant can actually trip up someone who attempts to run through it. Aww, I've actually said before that I like the kid and wish he would catch on with some lower-tier team, get some minutes, and maybe get his shot back. I suppose he can improve on defense, but realistically, the only way he's going to stick in the league is by scoring enough points to offset his defensive liabilities. But he has something different than a plain-vanilla personality, and that's sorely lacking in the league these days.

Outside

outside,

Ouch, you're probably right.

I'm multi-tasking now, doing an appraisal while reading these posts. Appraising doesn't put me in an open frame of mind.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Yeah, Bob, it was an attempt at humor. If I'd known you were on an appraisal, I'd at least have added "LOL."

Although Outside's remarks do strike a cord. Imagine Lebron, with a full head of steam, bearing down on Morrison and Morrision squatting like a hydrant and yelling "P_ss on me!" I think that would break Lebron up at least once.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:06 pm

bobc33 wrote:NYC,

Deal.

Bob NYCelt
here are a couple from my old HS track days, the always tough sub 5:00 minute mile and the equally tough 20 foot Long Jump. Back then that was my usual double in a track meet.

Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach Warren10

Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach Warren11

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:15 pm

Beat,

Awesome, you haven't changed a bit!

I dig the no socks look.

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Bob

A little less hair and a few more pounds!

Otherwise its me.
never wore socks when I ran ever, never had a blister problem either

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:13 pm

Beat,

Bonus points for the classic looking B&W photos.

I'm guessing the no socks thing kept others away from the old gym locker!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next