rickdavisakaspike
bigpygme
Sam
beat
NYCelt
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:16 pm

In addition to Morrison the Celtics are working out Rashad McCants, Cuttino Mobley and Trenton Hassell.

No big news there but at least Danny is still looking at options to help with our need for scoring off the bench. I could see McCants helping in that department, although he's not much on defense. There have been some minor questions as to McCants personality and willingness to take a lesser role but that would be far from unique. Considering our need for more offensive punch I'd rather see the final spot go to someone like him over Erden. You could also debate that he might push Wafer, Daniels or Bradley and create a good competition for a shooting guard or small forward spot.

Although it's likely none of the four stick around we might as well take a look.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Morrison still hanging around; Rogers is new big-man coach

Post by bigpygme Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:06 am

NYCelt wrote:
bigpygme wrote:not a bit sure why the C's have Adam hanging around, but what the hey !

if he could launch em in college with all that hair in his eyes (and yes, he could), he oughta be able to drain a few with NBA defenders' hands similarly obscuring his sight of the basket. Surprised maybe maybe maybe he's gonna make it somewhere - maybe he's just on a slower NBA learning curve than Redick (who also looked like a sure bust for a while) ...

IF he can turn the corner and become a contributor, then what the hey ! - i'd like to see him do it for the Celtics. but it's a big IF !!
Michael

pygme,

Last I remember Morrison's now sporting a ponytail. No hair in the eyes that way. Hair in the eyes...you've made me nostalgic for college...and the days when I had lots of hair!

Regards
and regards to you as well.

HAIR !

I'm just a hairy guy
I'm hairy noon and night
Hair that's a fright
I'm hairy high and low
Don't ask me why
Don't know
It's not for lack of bread
Like the Grateful Dead

Gimme a head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

ponytail for Morrison now - ponytail in college for me, except when i was "letting my freak flag fly". oh my God, what a look THAT was. i'll get brave and post one like BobC if i can find one. (sans the little lady ! )

maybe Adam should dump the ponytail and just let his hair fly in his face, like he had in college. maybe that's what's thrown his game off-kilter !

bobh hazarded the opnion that Harangody is gone if Morrison makes it ... i like Luke on our team and am not worried that Morrison will supplant him, much as i hope Adam finds his game at the professional level.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:40 pm

bigpygme wrote:
NYCelt wrote:
bigpygme wrote:not a bit sure why the C's have Adam hanging around, but what the hey !

if he could launch em in college with all that hair in his eyes (and yes, he could), he oughta be able to drain a few with NBA defenders' hands similarly obscuring his sight of the basket. Surprised maybe maybe maybe he's gonna make it somewhere - maybe he's just on a slower NBA learning curve than Redick (who also looked like a sure bust for a while) ...

IF he can turn the corner and become a contributor, then what the hey ! - i'd like to see him do it for the Celtics. but it's a big IF !!
Michael

pygme,

Last I remember Morrison's now sporting a ponytail. No hair in the eyes that way. Hair in the eyes...you've made me nostalgic for college...and the days when I had lots of hair!

Regards
and regards to you as well.

HAIR !

I'm just a hairy guy
I'm hairy noon and night
Hair that's a fright
I'm hairy high and low
Don't ask me why
Don't know
It's not for lack of bread
Like the Grateful Dead

Gimme a head with hair
Long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen

Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there mama
Everywhere daddy daddy

Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair
Flow it, show it
Long as God can grow it
My hair

ponytail for Morrison now - ponytail in college for me, except when i was "letting my freak flag fly". oh my God, what a look THAT was. i'll get brave and post one like BobC if i can find one. (sans the little lady ! )

maybe Adam should dump the ponytail and just let his hair fly in his face, like he had in college. maybe that's what's thrown his game off-kilter !

bobh hazarded the opnion that Harangody is gone if Morrison makes it ... i like Luke on our team and am not worried that Morrison will supplant him, much as i hope Adam finds his game at the professional level.

Michael

Michael,

My opinion was based upon the likelihood that they are playing the same positions, SF/PF, and we have 15 players coming into camp already without him.

I agree with your preference for Luke. I think he can shoot as well as Morrison and will give 150% more effort on defense (effort doesn't always equate with effectiveness, but it's a good starting point). They're both the same height and both are slow of foot, so the difference will be smarts and effort and I think Luke can and will smoke him (although looking into Morrison's eyes I'd hazard another opinion that he has some experience with smoking). Morrison has Scal's championship experience (if you know what I mean) without Scal's smarts.

Rashard McCants can shoot. His assist-to-turnover ratio isn't good for a guard.
Trent Hassell can't shoot, but he can defend.
Cuttino Mobley is old, for a guard, and didn't even play last year.

I'm all for keeping one's eyes open and continuing to search for ways to improve the team, but I don't understand some of this. We are 3 deep at point guard (Rondo, Nate, Bradley). We are 3 deep at SG (Ray, West, Von Wafer), we are deep at PF (KG, Davis, Luke) and we are 3+ deep at C (JO, Shaq, Erden + Perk in IR). The one area we are NOT deep at is SF. We have Pierce and Q and that's it. If we need another shooter (Q isn't much of a shooter, although he likes to post up) or defender (for when we play Miami and LA), it's at that position. Morrison's not THAT much better of a shooter than Luke (if at all), not based upon the summer league games I watched (admittedly, the competition is significantly inferior in summer league, but shooting is shooting) and he cannot defend at the 3-spot. The other 3 are all guards, 6'4". Of the 3 of them the only one that would interest me is Hassell, since he is an active and effective perimeter defender (but weak shooter) and we saw Tony do a heck of a job on Wade, LBJ and Kobe in the playoffs by forcing them to shoot from the outside and only from the outside. A good perimeter defender can do that for you, they can take the other team's offensive star out of the game.

Unless Danny's already assuming that Bradley and/or Luke are going to the D-league for seasoning (in Bradley's case, it might also have to do with continuing his rehab from his surgery), then I'm at a bit of a loss to explain these choices. Hell, I'd like to see DeShawn Sims in camp (I believe he's been invited). He's 6'8", 225#. He can play SF and PF and plays defense too. I also saw him shoot well and is very good around the basket. He has the size to play 3, those other 3 players don't.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:23 pm

thx bob, for your usual thorough and thoughtful post. i didn't see any summer league play, it wasn't broadcast in Denver, so i appreciate your observations and insight on those players and these other guys.

based on what you've said, i hope you're right, that Sims IS invited and gets a chance to show what he can contribute. i'll try to look into him a little and see if i can familiarize myself with him some.
the LAST thing we need is another guard. it's plain to all that what we really need is a SF, and we need a perimeter defender, and someone who has that skill set would, you'd think, be in Danny's high beams.

wouldn't it be great to listen in on Danny's thinking? i'd settle for hearing speakerphone on some of his phone calls ...

regards,
Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:06 pm

bigpygme wrote:thx bob, for your usual thorough and thoughtful post. i didn't see any summer league play, it wasn't broadcast in Denver, so i appreciate your observations and insight on those players and these other guys.

based on what you've said, i hope you're right, that Sims IS invited and gets a chance to show what he can contribute. i'll try to look into him a little and see if i can familiarize myself with him some.
the LAST thing we need is another guard. it's plain to all that what we really need is a SF, and we need a perimeter defender, and someone who has that skill set would, you'd think, be in Danny's high beams.

wouldn't it be great to listen in on Danny's thinking? i'd settle for hearing speakerphone on some of his phone calls ...

regards,
Michael

Michael,

I watched the games online, not on TV.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:01 pm

oh. thx, now i know !! Very Happy

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Sims supposedly signed for PAOK (Greece) in Europe.

http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/08/paok-thessaloniki-signs-deshawn-sims.html
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:28 pm

swedeinestonia wrote:Sims supposedly signed for PAOK (Greece) in Europe.

http://thehoopsmarket.blogspot.com/2010/08/paok-thessaloniki-signs-deshawn-sims.html

Thanks for keeping your eyes open, swede. Crap. I liked this kid.

So, of the top 4 players at our summer league games the only one that's actually coming to camp is Luke.

Rumble, grumble...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Swede, I thought that kid had real Celtics SF potential, and now he's gone, and I blame you, Swede. That'll teach you to be the messenger.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 pm

aDAM CAN'T MAKE HIS OWN SHOT IN THE nba AND is too frail
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:01 pm

Sam - I began to wonder at the end of last year of there wasn't a plan to bring Dave Cowens on board this year. He was around representing the NBA giving the trophy to the Celtics when they won the Eastern Division title and was there during the finals. He had been absent for so many years to the Boston
fans. I know he coached for Detroit, but somehow, I always thought he would end up here. Too bad, but maybe he has other plans in his future. It is really
good to see him around though.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:49 am

?What happened to the move Doc wanted to make to make Scal a coach? He
said he didn't want to lose a guy like that with his basketball knowledge. Looks like he got overturned again, just like with Leon. I still can't put a fac
with Roy Rogers, I am still hungup on someguy riding onto the Garden floor with a beautiful horse! (Just kidding) After reading that article about
Clifford Ray, could he not have seen this coming? Kind of strange. I guess Rogers is a Franks guy, if that means anything. I was never a big Lawrence
Franks fan, so anyone following him can't be someone I am dying to have on the Celtics.

Oh Well, too much about too little, it is what it is!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:59 pm

Looks like Morrison is heading to the Wizards camp:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Two-time-NBA-champion-Adam-Morrison-has-a-job-k;_ylt=AnXim1fFWYYucEIRaUkGKuy8vLYF?urn=nba-271543
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:33 pm

swedeinestonia wrote:Looks like Morrison is heading to the Wizards camp:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Two-time-NBA-champion-Adam-Morrison-has-a-job-k;_ylt=AnXim1fFWYYucEIRaUkGKuy8vLYF?urn=nba-271543

swede,

Thank God! Phew! That was too close...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:19 am

my gues is that Morrison gets one more real shot at making it - hoping he makes the most of his Wizards' opportunity.

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2