dboss
dbrown4
cowens/oldschool
19 posters

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down

Playoff Observations - Page 3 Empty Re: Playoff Observations

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 30, 2021 8:49 am

112288 wrote:Yes several players way.  But a tall order to bring in a legit center to pair with Williams.  That will mean losing Brown or Tatum.

Not necessarily, we need a dirty work type center, no one is giving up a star center and we can’t afford it with Kemba still under contract. With further upside from Nesmith and Langford and resigning Frenchy we will have plenty of wings to play with 2 J’s. We will be fine with continued superstar growth of 2 J’s, just need a Robin Lopez type, they can be found.

Last edited by cowens/oldschool on Sun May 30, 2021 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 30, 2021 8:57 am

So far the biggest story in these playoffs is how Bucks are dominating and just literally beat the crap out of the team that beat them last year, a team that relies on the 3 ball got beat up with defense and the Bucks bigs dominating in the paint. Brook Lopez has never played better, Giannis’s defense and rebounding has been so good and he doesn’t need to put up 35 for his team to win.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun May 30, 2021 9:53 am

So Cowen
Tell me who you have in mind? And do not dive me a guy who is undersized at 6'9"!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 30, 2021 9:58 am

112288 wrote:So Cowen
Tell me who you have in mind?   And do not dive me a guy who is undersized at 6'9"!

I already mentioned Willie Cauley Stein or Robin Lopez, a 7 foot vet type that can do some dirty work.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun May 30, 2021 10:13 am

BKN is in for their rude awakening. When the heat gets turned up, and hopefully we will see that from us today, in the next round BKN will revert back to the 3-headed iso-me ball and will finally satisfy what we have all been looking for and waiting for with this team....complete and utter failure and proving once again that you can't win a championship this way sans defense. Once the shooting goes, BKN will resemble a G-League team.

Yes, you can try to outscore your way to a championship and many have tried. But none have a banner hanging in their arena. This team is only set to try to outscore. Occasionally, Kyrie does show up once in a blue moon and throw a wayward hand into the person he is on and gets a lucky bounce, but that is about it for BKN's defense.

Hopefully the next round will be a textbook lesson on how to completely dismantle a stacked team. MIL, please present your case.

Let's be truthful, here. BKN really only has this year to win the title as you can see by their dysfunctional behavior so far, the injuries coming up next season for their Big 3 will make our 2020-2021 season of ill-time injuries look like a walk in the park.

If there ever was a true Clash of the Titans on the horizon, it will be PHI vs. MIL for all the marbles in the East.

Boston can help BKN realize that their chair has already been pulled by showing the Boston fans a complete old fashioned AW.

Kemba needs to play, BTW. He's had more than enough time off. This is what and why he sat out ALL those B2B games for...The Playoffs. Man up, Brad and Danny. We're not winning this series but everyone is all hands on deck, injuries or not.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun May 30, 2021 3:41 pm

If anyone here really thinks that some of us are sometimes unreasonable with are comments about our team, take a moment and check the Knicks game threads. They are about to send The NBA’s Most Improved Player (whatever that means) Julius Randle to Attica State Prison for missing too many shots and have coach Tibbs on a hot seat burning in Hell right about now. Talk about brutal. We’re Choir members compared to them. Aaaamen!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun May 30, 2021 4:57 pm

Oh sh.t!! Anthony Davis went down and did not come out for 2nd half.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun May 30, 2021 6:16 pm

NBA playoff tracker: Suns tie series as Lakers lose Anthony Davis

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-playoff-tracker-hawks-hammer-knicks-with-17-point-win-take-3-1-series-lead-194219176.html

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 30, 2021 9:56 pm

Some fool threw a bottle at Irving as he was in the tunnel. Played right into his hands, now, the kid thought he was so smart he got arrested and removed from the arena. Wait until he finds out what this will cost him. What a fool. This is so sickening.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun May 30, 2021 9:58 pm

Kid looked like he couldn’t be more than 17-18. Dummy.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 30, 2021 10:06 pm

Nice to spend the kind of money those tickets must have cost and now be banned from the games for a lifetime. Foolish . Mommy and daddy won’t be happy with him, especially if they bought the tickets

Abby just said Kyrie did something on the Celtic logo before he left the floor?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 30, 2021 10:08 pm

He is a blithering fool, he just walked to the logo and stomped on the logo head of the leprachaun
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun May 30, 2021 10:10 pm

I refuse to listen to what Durant has to say. They are childlike in the way they approach things sometimes.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun May 30, 2021 10:23 pm

Not acceptable behavior by that fan. An idiot! Ban him! Although too bad he had a poor aim!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 30, 2021 11:03 pm

We lost tonight, but I still respect this team. With Jaylen and with the future development of PP, AN, RL, GW, and Time Lord - plus whomever Danny picks up - we will do fine. Kemba, sorry to say, has really been a total bust for us.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon May 31, 2021 11:34 am

worcester wrote:We lost tonight, but I still respect this team. With Jaylen and with the future development of PP, AN, RL, GW, and Time Lord - plus whomever Danny picks up - we will do fine. Kemba, sorry to say, has really been a total bust for us.

Saw some glimmers in these games from AN and RL, they can be good 2 way pieces going forward at the 2 or 3. Right now I’d rather invest in them going forward, if we invest too much in Frenchy, that will weaken us further down the road with another bad contract.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon May 31, 2021 12:57 pm

Cowen, you are correct, and if the dumb ass Stevens played them more during the season, they would be that much better at this point in time. I know Langford was rehabing and got sick, but once he was better he should have been given some serious minutes.

Yes those guys should be part of the second team coming off the bench next year.  Get a full summer of reps in the gym with some instructors working on shooting and defense, and they will produce for us next year.

In fact, I would start those two come Tuesday night.  Why not, the season is over.  Give these kids more playoff experience.

Frenchy can shoot, but is a mannequin when it comes to defense. Why pay up for a guy like this when Nesmith or Langford can assume that role next year at a cheap price. Save your cash$$$ for a better free agent.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 31, 2021 1:28 pm

Yes, Frenchy is a mannequin and we should save our cash. Let Aaron and Romeo fill his spot and get seasoned for next year's playoffs. Save our cash for someone worthwhile. Why pay $17M for Evan and $35M for Kemba to get so little?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 31, 2021 1:56 pm

As our season comes to a merciless end, let's get ready for probably the 2nd round match up of the century, MIL vs. BKN.  I'm all in for MIL.  If MIL plays like they did in torching the Heat, (haha) BKN will fold up like a new lawn chair just as we did.  I'll give it MIL in 6, but that's probably giving BKN two games too many.  

Whoever wins, that should be enough to keep everything in place for next season.  The loser?  It will make our long awaited for off-season nuclear option(s) look like a cap gun going off.  The Bucks really can't come up short anymore without the wheels coming completely off all the way through the organization.  They've tried.  But enough's enough.  You didn't get it done.  BKN is flying by the seat of their pants.  Steve Nash would be fired immediately after BKN's 4th loss next round.  They would have gotten what they paid for.  Zilch.  GM, gone.  You can't make it to the ECF with all that firepower on your team even for one winner take all season?  Then someone can come in and figure out the payroll which must resemble a bloated, rotting wildebeest on the Serengeti.  Then BKN will realize they have a bunch of old geezers for their Big 3 and have to deal with far more injuries than we ever imagined from them if they keep those three clowns together for next season.  Yeah, good luck with that.  Send Harden off to SAC to ride off into the Charles Barkley/Patrick Ewing/Karl Malone sunset.  This is going to be great theater!    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon May 31, 2021 3:04 pm

112288 wrote:Cowen, you are correct, and if the dumb ass Stevens played them more during the season, they would be that much better at this point in time. I know Langford was rehabing and got sick, but once he was better he should have been given some serious minutes.  

Yes those guys should be part of the second team coming off the bench next year.  Get a full summer of reps in the gym with some instructors working on shooting and defense, and they will produce for us next year.

In fact, I would start those two come Tuesday night.  Why not, the season is over.  Give these kids more playoff experience.

Frenchy can shoot, but is a mannequin when it comes to defense.  Why pay up for a guy like this when Nesmith or Langford can assume that role next year at a cheap price.  Save your cash$$$  for a better free agent.

Exactly +1

I still want to punch Kyrie

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 31, 2021 5:08 pm

Don't worry, cowens/oldschool. MIL is just about to take care of that for you and not lose one player in the process!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 am

The Lakers lost by 30 in Phoenix. They were down Anthony Davis.

We lost by 14 to the Nets and we're down 3 starters.

Doesn't feel quite so bad now, huh?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:17 am

Funny how the writers and reporters will give the Lakers a pass because they are missing Davis, but rip the Celtics when they are missing three starters, including a former all star and a current one, Kind of makes me laugh. There is no doubt we need moves to be made, I refuse to speculate, that is way above my paygrade. I feel bad, but it looks like Kemba's time in Boston may have come to an end, This is a tough decision to make as I think he would have been such a great fit if he had stayed healthy. His interview last night on television looked as if he was feeling the same thing,

There was a report from Wojo this morning saying that Danny is considering stepping down as President of Basketball Operations. This should make some of you happy as it is what you have wanted. Myself, when I looked at Danny the other night I was alarmed. He was pale as pale can be and looked wiped out. Not the Danny I am used to seeing. I, for one, hope this is wrong, but nothing would shock me, Health may be a consideration and if that is the case, quit now Danny, nothing, nothing is worth your health
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:17 am

Funny how the writers and reporters will give the Lakers a pass because they are missing Davis, but rip the Celtics when they are missing three starters, including a former all star and a current one, Kind of makes me laugh. There is no doubt we need moves to be made, I refuse to speculate, that is way above my paygrade. I feel bad, but it looks like Kemba's time in Boston may have come to an end, This is a tough decision to make as I think he would have been such a great fit if he had stayed healthy. His interview last night on television looked as if he was feeling the same thing,

There was a report from Wojo this morning saying that Danny is considering stepping down as President of Basketball Operations. This should make some of you happy as it is what you have wanted. Myself, when I looked at Danny the other night I was alarmed. He was pale as pale can be and looked wiped out. Not the Danny I am used to seeing. I, for one, hope this is wrong, but nothing would shock me, Health may be a consideration and if that is the case, quit now Danny, nothing, nothing is worth your health
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:27 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Funny how the writers and reporters will give the Lakers a pass because they are missing Davis, but rip the Celtics when they are missing three starters, including a former all star and a current one,  Kind of makes me laugh.  There is no doubt we need moves to be made, I refuse to speculate, that is way above my paygrade.  I feel bad, but it looks like Kemba's time in Boston may have come to an end,  This is a tough decision to make as I think he would have been such a great fit if he had stayed healthy.  His interview last night on television looked as if he was feeling the same thing,  

There was a report from Wojo this morning saying that Danny is considering stepping down as President of Basketball Operations.  This should make some of you happy as it is what you have wanted. Myself, when I looked at Danny the other night I was alarmed.   He was pale as pale can be and looked wiped out. Not the Danny I am used to seeing.  I, for one, hope this is wrong, but nothing would shock me, Health may be a consideration and if that is the case, quit now Danny, nothing, nothing is worth your health

Rosalie,

A couple hundred +1s.

There's nothing worth more than your health. Danny needs to make that decision based upon that criteria more than any other. From a selfish perspective, while I'm not a Danny-hater, we could do worse than to promote Mike Zarren.

We'll see about Kemba. There's still the matter of his contract and his questionable ability to stay on the court.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next