Celtics' Jaylen Brown finishes sixth in NBA Most Improved Player voting

3 posters

Go down

Celtics' Jaylen Brown finishes sixth in NBA Most Improved Player voting Empty Celtics' Jaylen Brown finishes sixth in NBA Most Improved Player voting

Post by bobheckler Thu May 27, 2021 5:52 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/celtics-jaylen-brown-finishes-sixth-004708039.html

Celtics' Jaylen Brown finishes sixth in NBA Most Improved Player voting

Justin Leger
Tue, May 25, 2021, 2:47 PM

Jaylen Brown took another leap in his development during Year 5 of his NBA career.

The Boston Celtics wing earned his first All-Star nod and finished with career highs in points per game (24.7), field goal percentage (48.4%), and 3-point percentage (39.7%). The best part is at 24 years old, there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Brown's improvement in 2020-21 was recognized in the NBA Most Improved Player voting results. He finished sixth with seven third-place votes and one second-place vote for a total of 10 points.

Julius Randle won the award almost unanimously. The New York Knicks forward earned 98 first-place votes out of 100. Detroit Pistons forward Jerami Grant finished second with the other two first-place votes. Christian Wood of the Houston Rockets and Zach LaVine of the Chicago Bulls placed fourth and fifth respectively.

Brown underwent surgery on his left wrist earlier this month and was forced to miss the remainder of the Celtics' season.

Bob
MY NOTE:  The victim of high expectations.  Jaylen went from 20.3ppg last year to 24.7ppg this year, increased his assist-to-turnover ratio from a negative .95:1 (2.1 asts/game:2.2 turnovers/game) to a positive 1:26:1 (3.4 assists/game: 2.7 turnovers/game).

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Jaylen Brown finishes sixth in NBA Most Improved Player voting Empty Re: Celtics' Jaylen Brown finishes sixth in NBA Most Improved Player voting

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu May 27, 2021 10:26 pm

Boy, has he come a long way. Can you remember the summer league the year he was drafted? He put on quite a show that week and gave us a glimpse of what might come in the future. I totally enjoy Jaylen’s game, he puts his heart and soul into improving every year. This year was a tough one for him with nagging injuries here and there, but he played through a lot. Shutting him down was the right thing to do. Do the surgery and get on the road to recovery. It has been tough without him, he has proven his value. Teams would love to have a kid like this on their team, always working, smart, devoted, and just an all around good guy. I can only wish for him that his recovery goes well and we see him on the court next year at full strength.

For a time, I thought he was on the road to win this award, but life goes on. Good luck to him I am proud he is a Celtic
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Celtics' Jaylen Brown finishes sixth in NBA Most Improved Player voting Empty Re: Celtics' Jaylen Brown finishes sixth in NBA Most Improved Player voting

Post by bobheckler Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Boy, has he come a long way.  Can you remember the summer league the year he was drafted?  He put on quite a show that week and gave us a glimpse of what might come in the future.  I totally enjoy Jaylen’s game, he puts his heart and soul into improving every year. This year was a tough one for him with nagging injuries here and there, but he played through a lot. Shutting him down was the right thing to do.  Do the surgery and get on the road to recovery.  It has been tough without him, he has proven his value. Teams would love to have a kid like this on their team, always working, smart, devoted, and just an all around good guy.  I can only wish for him that his recovery goes well and we see him on the court next year at full strength.  

For a time, I thought he was on the road to win this award, but life goes on.  Good luck to him I am proud he is a Celtic

Rosalie,

Julius Randle had himself one helluva season. What's more, he came out of nowhere with it, after being with his 3rd team. Jaylen has made steady progress since he was drafted, as you pointed out, and was borderline All-Star last year. In my admittedly green-tinted opinion he should have been an All-Star last year too, but they didn't want 3 Celtics on that team and gave Jaylen's spot to Jimmy Butler.

This award doesn't matter. He's a high quality player and a high quality person.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri May 28, 2021 10:47 am

There is only one award that matters!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down