OK, TJ's off the hook...Scal no longer a Celtic

+2
Sam
dbrown4
6 posters

Go down

OK, TJ's off the hook...Scal no longer a Celtic Empty OK, TJ's off the hook...Scal no longer a Celtic

Post by dbrown4 Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:41 am

I'm sure this is old news by now, but thought of posting it anyway.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5602189

I do hate to see him go myself. Thib saw something undiscovered as well.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

OK, TJ's off the hook...Scal no longer a Celtic Empty Re: OK, TJ's off the hook...Scal no longer a Celtic

Post by Sam Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 am

Thanks to DB for posting this.

Good choice by Thibs:

• He's well aware that Scal will bust his butt to stay up on less mobile big guys and pester them no end.

• He's got an instant coach on the floor who knows the complex Thibs defensive system.

• He's got a guy who can rest a starter while seamlessly enabling the offensive flow

• He's got a great locker room presence for a team with a lot of young, impressionable guys who are going to be impressed that a guy not blessed with athleticism doesn't hang his head when he blows one but just puts out all the harder.

• And he got Scal on very favorable terms.

Thanks, Scal, for being the personification of fundamentals, role playing diligence, and professionalism with the Celts. Treasure your well-earned ring, and feel good about the fact that your finest hours with the Green probably came when they were needed most. That is a sign of a true champion.

And good luck when you become a coach.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

OK, TJ's off the hook...Scal no longer a Celtic Empty Re: OK, TJ's off the hook...Scal no longer a Celtic

Post by dbrown4 Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:16 am

BTW, does this open another roster spot for us or was he not in the current mix to begin with? Barring the other thread, I hadn't heard his name mentioned a lot lately.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:13 am

dbrown4 wrote:BTW, does this open another roster spot for us or was he not in the current mix to begin with? Barring the other thread, I hadn't heard his name mentioned a lot lately.

dbrown,

We had 15 coming to camp without Scal.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks, bob. I'm horrendous with CBA/contracts, who goes where, who's on first, etc.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:20 am

Interestingly, back in hell (aka bdc) people were always lauding Thib over Doc (the defense was Thib's and great while the offense wasn't and that was Doc's) and denigrating Scal and using him as evidence of how Doc didn't like rookies and played kiss ass veterans, blah, blah, blah.

As it turns out, it appears Scal was Thib's boy.

Licking my chops at the juicy irony. Might have to do a flyby at bdc today just to see how many people make the connection and rethink. Probably not many.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:29 am

Don't do it, Bob!! Remember what happens once you cross the Event Horizon!!
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:15 pm

bdc is closed again today, must have known that Scal going to Chicago would engender great debate. LOL
I agree that Thibs must know something that some others don't. Scal ended up being a great value at current NBA prices. Although he was no statistical giant, he surely played hard, gave his all, and will do the same for Chicago. Why? He is a professional, always willing to do what he can to help the TEAM.
Good luck Scal and thanx for your contributions to the Celtics over the last five years.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:17 pm

dee, it could be a worm hole...cause there are a lot a worms over there...come to think of it there are a lot of holes over there too...
careful bob... lcf
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 am

There are flashes of brilliance over there, so it's not a complete wasteland, but 99 times out of 100, I'll start reading a thread and without fail it turns into a childish, classic 3rd Grade slapfest with nothing of substance after the first few posts.

I think someone described their process best when they said the person at the Globe (probably the new guy) that draws the short straw gets to moderate the forum. They take it as a joke and ignore it, otherwise we would all still be over there. Sam and our moderators have a much better prespective on the ins and outs with the moderators there since they attempted to work with them at bdc, but alas, something went horribly awry.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic fan Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:31 am

alright I'll bite, what'd bdc?

celtic fan

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:42 am

sorry. shorthand for boston.com celtics forum, where most if not all of us originated.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:42 pm

dbrown4 wrote:sorry. shorthand for boston.com celtics forum, where most if not all of us originated.

dbrown,

And I thought I crawled out of the primordial swamp to swing in trees and eventually stand upright (well, except after a really heavy night of drinking).

So, would that make BDC the "Garden of Eden" and Old Fool the snake, then, right?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:00 pm

bob,

More than likely. (In reference to your question) I'm just glad to be FROM there.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down