Doc Rivers: "When you're a Celtic, you become a Celtic, you stay a Celtic no matter where you're at."

Go down

Doc Rivers: "When you're a Celtic, you become a Celtic, you stay a Celtic no matter where you're at." Empty Doc Rivers: "When you're a Celtic, you become a Celtic, you stay a Celtic no matter where you're at."

Post by Sam Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:19 am

Hoops Hype printed some observations of Doc Rivers that weren't particularly new but were nonetheless nice to read as a fan of the Celtics.  When I read this, I immediately recalled the image of Doc, in the on-court celebration of the winning championship game, standing off by himself and—almost in wonderment—mouthing the words to "We Are the Champions."  The clip provided by Hoops Hype, which reinforced for me a little of what's special about the Celtics, follows.

Sam

"Rivers, who led the Celtics to the 2008 NBA championship and to Game 7 of the Finals in 2010, said he still feels a strong bond with the organization. “It’s more because of the Celtics and more because of Red Auerbach,” Rivers said. “When you’re a Celtic, you become a Celtic, you stay a Celtic no matter where you’re at, and you always want them to do well. That’s what stood out for me there. When we won it, looking at Tommy Heinsohn almost in tears because we won, I thought was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I’ll never forget that and that will always be a part of me, so yeah, I want them to do great. Probably two games, I don’t. It is nice being in the West than in the East, then you can cheer for them a little bit more.”
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down