atcross
gyso
Ktron
7 posters

Go down

Rick Carlisle has left the building Empty Rick Carlisle has left the building

Post by Ktron Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:56 pm

Carlisle is out. Don’t start none wont be none

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/06/rick-carlisle-is-an-intriguing-option-for-celtics-coach-search-after-parting-ways-with-dallas.html

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Rick Carlisle has left the building Empty Re: Rick Carlisle has left the building

Post by gyso Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:26 pm

His team traded for Rondo and Carlisle refused to allow for his skill set. They were a very good team, but the addition of Rondo was squandered, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Rick Carlisle has left the building Empty Re: Rick Carlisle has left the building

Post by atcross Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:49 pm

gyso wrote:His team traded for Rondo and Carlisle refused to allow for his skill set.  They were a very good team, but the addition of Rondo was squandered, IMO.

Carlisle is known to be a micro manager. How he and Kidd ever came to terms is a wonder. He said before Rondo went there that he didn't want him. Then he had him run to the corner to shoot threes(?!) WTF? I think Rondo was pretty hurt by the trade anyway (thought the Cs would be his team) so he was in no mood for another coach that wanted to tell him how to run the point. Carlisle has since had good things to say about RR though. But seems like maybe he and Doncic are not meshing well either.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:10 pm

gyso wrote:His team traded for Rondo and Carlisle refused to allow for his skill set.  They were a very good team, but the addition of Rondo was squandered, IMO.

Agree

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:43 pm

Mavericks GM Donnie Nelson is leaving the team too.  This is a sports version of a Saturday Night Massacre.

They're a mess.  No GM, no head coach, bad chemistry between Luka and Porzingis, nobody seems to like Mark Cuban's assistant GM neither and the NBA Combine is in just 12 days. Wow.

Luka is due to sign an extension to his rookie contract, or he can play out his last contract year and look to go elsewhere.

Man.  I'd hate to be a Dallas Mavericks fan right now.  I'd feel like I just took several 2X4s across the nose, and then when I put both hands over my face I took one in the back of the head.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:47 pm

I do hope that Rick, a former Celtics player and championship coach will not be walking through the Door.  I have never seen a coach remain in a state of constant glumness.  At least BB fits right into his stern face along with his condescending comments and attitude.  Rick always looks like his dog just died.

There is more to him quitting that will be coming out.  Apparently Donnie Nelson got canned after 24 years as the GM.  Mark Cuban brought some professional gambler into the organization and according to reports he was undermining Nelson.  Luka was not happy about Donnie leaving.  Rick still had 2 years left on his contract.  These are just tidbits that I read about but I do not know how factual they are.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:19 pm

Rick blew it with Rajon. I don't want an egomaniac messing with our young core.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:21 am

worcester wrote:Rick blew it with Rajon. I don't want an egomaniac messing with our young core.

Agreed. I don't get a good feeling about him.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:06 am

That's all I've heard so far dboss.  There will be a similar actual Saturday Night Massacre beginning this Saturday for MIL assuming things go as planned.  I'd like nothing more than to see the Nets have that grin wiped of their faces but the Bucks just ain't got it in them to win a G7 in Brooklyn.  Bucks have had 3 chances on the road, going up against a depleted non-operational Death Star and still can't find their assess with both hands.

If Luka is indeed not pleased with GM leaving, I find that part almost impossible to believe and the media just adding drama/Steven A. hyperbole. Luka is 22 years old. I'm surprised if he even knows what a GM does or who the GM is. In the non-NBA world, I've worked for the man and been the man. During the times I've worked for the man, each organization had a GM set up in its organizational chart. The GM spends little or no time developing relationships with the front line, boots on the ground troops, in this case the players.

It's very simple.  Bucks win Saturday, team and organization stay in tact.  That will show the executives/owners some progress over last season.  Bucks lose, put your HAZMAT suits on.  One game for all the marbles and the soul of the organization.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:57 am

Donny Nelson started scouting Luka in Slovenia when Doncic was 15 years old. They are very close.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:00 am

dbrown4 wrote:That's all I've heard so far dboss.  There will be a similar actual Saturday Night Massacre beginning this Saturday for MIL assuming things go as planned.  I'd like nothing more than to see the Nets have that grin wiped of their faces but the Bucks just ain't got it in them to win a G7 in Brooklyn.  Bucks have had 3 chances on the road, going up against a depleted non-operational Death Star and still can't find their assess with both hands.

If Luka is indeed not pleased with GM leaving, I find that part almost impossible to believe and the media just adding drama/Steven A. hyperbole.  Luka is 22 years old.  I'm surprised if he even knows what a GM does or who the GM is.  In the non-NBA world, I've worked for the man and been the man.  During the times I've worked for the man, each organization had a GM set up in its organizational chart.  The GM spends little or no time developing relationships with the front line, boots on the ground troops, in this case the players.    

It's very simple.  Bucks win Saturday, team and organization stay in tact.  That will show the executives/owners some progress over last season.  Bucks lose, put your HAZMAT suits on.  One game for all the marbles and the soul of the organization.  

db

There is truth to Luka not being happy about Donnie Nelson leaving and there is truth to Luka not being happy regarding that “shadow” GM. I wouldn’t underestimate Luka because he is 22. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t know what is going on around him. I guess we will see just how unhappy he is when it comes to re-upping with the Mavs.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:06 am

Could we trade Kemba for him?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:31 pm

worcester wrote:Donny Nelson started scouting Luka in Slovenia when Doncic was 15 years old. They are very close.

That is a fact.

I also read where Luka pretty much trolled his coach in front of teammates.

If true, that would be a good reason for him to leave since he ain't trading Luka.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:49 pm

Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 16 minutes ago
Per league source: Celtics have "three or four" strong coaching candidates, but Rick Carlisle isn't considered one of them.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:04 pm

bobheckler wrote:Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 16 minutes ago
Per league source: Celtics have "three or four" strong coaching candidates, but Rick Carlisle isn't considered one of them.

Bob

Rick will be coaching somewhere next year but it will not be with NOLA. He stills wants to coach but a year off in the broadcast both will not substantially help his prospects. I think Indiana would be a good spot. We should have a pool on who goes where. I could see D'Antoni going to the Mavs although Luka has the hots for one of their current assistants.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down