What if the Celtics had not let Jae Crowder go?

5 posters

Go down

What if the Celtics had not let Jae Crowder go? Empty What if the Celtics had not let Jae Crowder go?

Post by worcester Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:48 am

Remember Celtics fans cheering Gordon Hayward when he visited Boston with the Jazz and Jae was still on our team? That was a sign of great disrespect, and it hurt Crowder's feelings. Then Jae was let go, and we signed Hayward. What did GH do for us? Very little. What did Hayward cost us? A lot. What has Jae done the past four years? He has brought toughness where ever he has gone, and in the past two years he has done much for Miami and Phoenix at a very low price. Last year he shot .445 from three, scored 11.9 ppg nd had 5.4 rbpg. This year he's shot .389 from 3, 10.1 ppg, and 4.7 rbpg.
He's a good defender, and he's an adult, not a snot nosed kid.

Had we kept Crowder and not signed Hayward, we would have had mountains of cap room and better performance on the floor. Hind sight is 20-20. I don't mean to cry over spilt milk, but losing and moreover disrespecting Jae has cost us a lot. We owe him respect.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

What if the Celtics had not let Jae Crowder go? Empty Re: What if the Celtics had not let Jae Crowder go?

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:00 am

worcester,

Danny traded Jae Crowder, IT and Zizic to Cleveland for Kyrie.  Without knowing what a self-centered flake Kyrie is that sounded like a great deal for us. Now? We know better.

The problem wasn't trading Jae Crowder, the problem was Gordon's injury completely changed our trajectory.

Trading IT also hurt, some, because Anthony Davis' father talked him out of okaying a trade to Boston because of how IT was treated (i.e. he gave us everything and Danny was cold-blooded).

You're right about respecting Jae.  I, for one, have always liked his grit even as I recognized he was undersized for his position (but I've always had a blind spot for tweeners).

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

What if the Celtics had not let Jae Crowder go? Empty Re: What if the Celtics had not let Jae Crowder go?

Post by dboss Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:37 am

Jae is a glue guy.  Happy he has had a nice run with the Heat and Suns
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:13 am

I saw that Jae Crowder was once again playing deep into the playoffs. I went down the "what if . . ." path a bit myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:15 am

I know "what if..." does not take us anywhere good, but perhaps we could learn as fans not to disrespect players.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:00 pm

Boy could we have used some of his toughness here lately…

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down