With my head above water but drowned in Green Kool Aid...AS IT SHOULD BE!!!!!

4 posters

Go down

With my head above water but drowned in Green Kool Aid...AS IT SHOULD BE!!!!! Empty With my head above water but drowned in Green Kool Aid...AS IT SHOULD BE!!!!!

Post by fiorelladad Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 am

Hello my green brothers and sisters. It's been a while since I posted here though I always check in to read you. I don't know if you have gone through this all summer but I haven't been able to see one game of the Finals. Not even the ones we won. I have the Miami series, The Cavs series and the Orlando series and I've watched them in order all summer long. Sick I know, but then game 7 is still fresh in my liver. As soon as the final buzzer went off I got up and left. I haven't seen one single post interview, only read about them and what Kobe said about winning one more than Shaq.

Which brings me to the happy place I've been since Ainge managed the coup of coups in signing EVERYBODY without sacrificing cap space for rebuilding. Did anyone see Shaq's physique today? The guy is fit, BEFORE training camp!! This can only be a good omen. Pierce said today that the locker room and the atmosphere is charged with all the giddyness and passion and excitement and energy of the 2007-08 season. That in itself is humongous when you compare it to 09 & 10. Everybody looks set on revenge. Anyway I'm signing off for now but will return diligently now that the season is upon us. BTW, I already bought tix to the Feb 10 game vs Lakers and Feb 13 vs Heat. Last year I couldn't meet any of you when I went to see the St. Patrick's Day Massacre of the Knicks. If you remember I'm from Puerto Rico and I don't get to go to Boston nearly enough as I would love. Here's hoping we can meet and talk about our 2 home wins that weekend. The first round's on me.
fiorelladad
fiorelladad

Back to top Go down

With my head above water but drowned in Green Kool Aid...AS IT SHOULD BE!!!!! Empty Re: With my head above water but drowned in Green Kool Aid...AS IT SHOULD BE!!!!!

Post by Sam Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:48 am

Always a treat to hear from you, Florelladad. In the Boston area, the buzz about the Celtics is at a higher level than I'm used to. Perhaps some of the reason is that there's not as much preoccupation with the Red Sox as in the past. But I have to say that Shaq definitely has a lot to do with it. It's not so much that he's a curiosity factor, but people are wondering what his role will be with the team and what his presence will mean to the team.

Seldom in Celtics history has a radical new dimension like him been thrust suddenly upon us. Probably KG comes closest. With Russell and Bird, people were interested, but they didn't come with such a well-seasoned reputation. I was impressed that he took time today to go over and greet Satch Sanders and Tom Heinsohn. And then to talk about "The great Mr. Bill Russell and the great Mr. Sam Jones."

Gotta hand it to Danny. He has carefully crafted a multi-faceted veteran team, and there are also some young guys to keep track of.

Go Celtics!

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

With my head above water but drowned in Green Kool Aid...AS IT SHOULD BE!!!!! Empty Re: With my head above water but drowned in Green Kool Aid...AS IT SHOULD BE!!!!!

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Sam
Love the way Shaq pays homage to the C's oldtimers.....he gets it.He and KG are really gonna be something,Shaq occupying and pounding the biggest mofo on the floor will enable KG to do alot freewheeling damage and KG's intensity and mobility will help cover for Shaq defensively.These two old grizzled vets will make each other better.Shaq next to Baby and JO will also be fun.JO and KG,KG and Perk,Perk and JO,so much DEPTH.Were gonna hurt teams inside.
Then we got so many speedy little guys,pound and ground and pound and run/fly down the floor.
cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bigpygme Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:43 pm

cow - what you said !!!

Michael
bigpygme
bigpygme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down