Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General?

+5
NYCelt
worcester
dboss
atcross
bobheckler
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pick your veteran bench floor general

Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General?

Post by atcross Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:40 pm

If we were to bring in Schroder I'd bet he would think he was senior over the Js. That would not go over well. Besides, the post was about a backup, not a starter. No way Dennis the Menace takes second chair.

Btw, Jackson signs with the Clippers for $22M two year deal.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Would You Like To See As Our Back Up Floor General?

Post by bobheckler Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:10 pm

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
·
58m
Here's what a source told me on the Celtics and Dennis Schroder: Both sides have interest. Boston is interested in only a short-term deal, ideally one year. Schroder is still looking for more money than the Celtics can offer and/or a longer deal.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by international Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:32 pm

Simon Stiles
@SimonStilesNBA
·
1h
Dennis Schroder to the Boston Celtics is a "done deal." Contract details are still being discussed, but both sides are determined to get a deal done.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:38 pm

I only hope is that Schroder does not prove to be the malcontent he seems to be.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:12 pm

Like others on this here board, I don’t care for him much either…until he hits his first 3 then it’s Yay team! Isn’t that the way it usually plays out? Gimme a break. He’s better than what we have coming off the pine so sign the lil geek monster and hope for the best.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:36 pm

I read that it is likely a sign and trade.

That means the Celtics and Lakers may make a rare trade.

Anybody want to speculate who may be heading out the door?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:01 pm

Dunn
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:52 am

If Schroder signs a one year, lower dollar deal (which he seems to think would be anything under $25M per year) I'd be concerned that he's going to see it as an opportunity to show the rest of the league how foolish they were for not paying him. He will be playing for a contract. Normally that would mean he would put out his best effort. But that could be disastrous for a young team. He's going to look to be the star on a team that needs a floor general? How does that work for the Js and Smart?

I notice Elfrid Payton is still an UFA. Seems like he would be a better fit and at less risk/expense.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:53 am

atcross wrote:If Schroder signs a one year, lower dollar deal (which he seems to think would be anything under $25M per year) I'd be concerned that he's going to see it as an opportunity to show the rest of the league how foolish they were for not paying him. He will be playing for a contract. Normally that would mean he would put out his best effort. But that could be disastrous for a young team. He's going to look to be the star on a team that needs a floor general? How does that work for the Js and Smart?

I notice Elfrid Payton is still an UFA. Seems like he would be a better fit and at less risk/expense.

AT,

Reports are that Payton is finalizing a deal with Phoenix.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:51 pm

bobheckler wrote:
atcross wrote:If Schroder signs a one year, lower dollar deal (which he seems to think would be anything under $25M per year) I'd be concerned that he's going to see it as an opportunity to show the rest of the league how foolish they were for not paying him. He will be playing for a contract. Normally that would mean he would put out his best effort. But that could be disastrous for a young team. He's going to look to be the star on a team that needs a floor general? How does that work for the Js and Smart?

AT,

Reports are that Payton is finalizing a deal with Phoenix.

Bob

Oh well. But when Brad calls me tonight for our weekly consult on player moves I'm telling him no on Schroder. That will put an end to that. If this is to be a bridge year full of one year contracts then I would just as soon spend the year developing players. I think PP has the potential to be a fine PG for us. He can penetrate, move the ball, and score, especially from deep 3, keeping the defense honest. Let him play through a summer league and preseason and I'm fairly certain he can do the job. Bring in some established stud and it will just shortchange PP's development for another year. And for what? A mediocre record in a bridge year?

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2