Outside
NYCelt
Matty
sinus007
bobheckler
dbrown4
13 posters

Go down

OK, anyone care to explain this one?   Empty OK, anyone care to explain this one?

Post by dbrown4 Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:22 pm

I have no idea where this is coming from. Can someone explain. Is LeBron really this inept? Or is it just me? What the eff is he talking about?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5633199
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

OK, anyone care to explain this one?   Empty Re: OK, anyone care to explain this one?

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Momma always said "stupid is as stupid does".

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

OK, anyone care to explain this one?   Empty Re: OK, anyone care to explain this one?

Post by sinus007 Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi,
One more publicity stunt. If I weren't a Celtics fan I'd become one or Lakers fan or any other of 27 teams.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:28 pm

on one hand, it wasnt King Nothing who got this issue started, he was asked for an opionion about wether or not he felt part of the critism was due to race.

he simply answered the question offering his thoughts that indeed race was always part of the situation.

i dont think the Q & A was a preplanned strategy to create publicity on the part of King Nothing..

on the other hand, yeah, his answer i think goes along with what Momma said about stupid still applies..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Matty wrote:on one hand, it wasnt King Nothing who got this issue started, he was asked for an opionion about wether or not he felt part of the critism was due to race.

he simply answered the question offering his thoughts that indeed race was always part of the situation.

i dont think the Q & A was a preplanned strategy to create publicity on the part of King Nothing..

on the other hand, yeah, his answer i think goes along with what Momma said about stupid still applies..

Hooter,

So, I guess that'd make Magic and Barkley and MJ a bunch of white supremacist racists, huh?

Caught like a rat in a trap of his own making.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:34 pm

I hate when anyone brings up race issues where they haven't been a factor. Nothing like creating a problem. Whatever writer brought the question up should be ashamed of themselves. Cheap-shot hap-hazzard and inciteful way to get a story.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:48 pm

When it comes to figuring out why their summer plans generated so much animosity, it seems that LeBron and his doofus manager are willing to point fingers lots of places, but they still haven't pointed at the one place that deserves it most -- themselves.

Whether they were asked an inciting question or not, they're supposed to be professionals in charge of a brand, and there's no excuse for taking the bait. News flash -- there are plenty of idiot media people who will ask stupid and baiting questions. Part of the job of a supposedly elite professional athlete and his handlers is to avoid looking like an idiot in response.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Don't get me started on the media. And don't get me started on Lebron.

Idiot meets lunatic as far as I'm concerned. The only shame is that both will make plenty of money through sensationalistic ploys such as this one. The only difference between the two is that the media person's major responsibility is to create news, while it's only an avocation (albeit a treasured one) for Lebron.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Rose-Grow up! This is so ridiculous! What is James looking for? Pity, popularity, whatever. This whole thing is a farce. Jalen Rose loves to hear himself talk.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:48 am

James further damages his credability by playing the race card. Was it Jessie or Sharpton (2 Martin Luther King wannbes, but never will be) that showed James where the card was in the deck of destruction. Dan Gilbert felt betrayed as did most of the Cavs fans just as much by how the act was done as the cosequences for the team by the end result of the action of leaving Cleveland itself. Race was an issue that didn't come into play until it was introdiced by those who thrive on perpetuating discord in the country. Lebron has embarked on a slippery slope. He was admired coming out of High School and his first several years in the NBA. Now, he is making unwise personal, if not career decisions much like Mike Tyson did by forming his alliance with Don King after the death of Gus D'Amato. I thought at one time James would be better than Bryant both as a player and a person. Now, I see them both for trash of a different variety for different reasons. We'll see if James can save himself in the future and be recycled, or will he stay refused as refuse!-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:44 am

So if I'm hearing/re-thinking everything right, LeBron and Co. (and the press for that matter) feel that all the turmoil that resulted from his decision on TV, leaving Cleveland, Dan Gilbert's response, etc. was all brought about because of his race? I mean where is this coming from? I know it smells of JJ and Al Sharpton, but even they haven't spoken up on this one, or at least I haven't heard them yet. Usually I can see this coming from a mile away, but this one seems so far off the charts I'm just missing it completely.

Signed,

Lost in NC

dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:01 am

To dbrown4: It was Jessie or Sharpton the brought up the concept of James as Gilbert's slave when the Cleveland Cavs owner reacted in the manner that he did the day following the hour long dog and pony show on ESPN when Jim Grey interviewed James about his decision. Wouldn't you be upset, if you had a business that had just taken a $150 million nose dive?-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:22 am

Thanks, MD. I missed that. I'd be upset to. It would have nothing to do with the color of one's skin either. I'd be pissed no matter what.

Of course nothing lasts forever. If Dan Gilbert is a smart as he thinks he is, he had plenty of Plan B's. I can attest to his Fathead Company follow-up e-mailing the crap out of me after I bought a KG for my boys for the mancave several months ago for the playoffs! He's probably not hurting as bad as we think.

The NBA is so the antithesis of slavery. No one is getting beat up or forced to work against their will for free, everyone is getting paid, everyone is getting paid alot, no one has to stay and work in their current situation even under contract. Is Dan white and LeBron black? Yes. Did LeBron work for Dan? Yes. That's about it. Come on Jessie and Al.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:08 pm

To: dbrown4-Lebron was GETTING PAID BIG TIME!-If those were slave labor wages, Which way to the cotton field!-MD

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:12 pm

the guys ego just wont let him stop talking and the more he says the more he reveals his terrible character...it's right outta Shakespeare. For the love a god QUIT TALKING.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:44 am

Unless "douchebag" is now considered a race, people hating Lebron has nothing to do with racism.

When the public (outside of most of the folks on this board) was riding his jock for years, no one in his camp was crying racism.

So pathetic. Just like with his refusal to shake hands with the Magic players, he can't admit his mistakes.

And his hangers-on/toadies/jocksniffers/advisors certainly won't.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:21 pm

As long as there is ESPN LeBron's ego will just keep getting bigger and bigger.
I just read in the paper today that ESPN is going to run a show about the Heat
daily, includng their practices, games, etc. This is something else. Anything for
money. I just read it in the Boston Globe today in the sports page. This is sick!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:58 pm

The Heat Index !!!!! Whoooo- hooooooo!!!!!!

I just set is as the new homepage on my computer. I can't wait to wake up and see what new pearls of wisdom are being dispensed by all the Woodward and Bernsteins like Rachel Nichols.

Lebron reminds me of this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy-LQH8N6Ug&feature=related

The similarities are uncanny!!!
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:10 am

What has two thumbs and doesn't give a shit about the Miami Heat?

This Guy Basketball
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:04 am

Three years ago I was walking with my nephew in Lord & Taylor's in downtown Boston. I was a step or two ahead of him and turned around to see if he were still there. Al Sharpton, a short man with slicked back hair, was standing right next to him. I looked at Sharpton for no more than one second and made no facial expressions at all before he flipped me the bird, vigorously, and walked off.

My nephew said, "Uncle Harvey, he just flipped you off," and wanted me to put a beat down on him. Of course I didn't, but it struck me how terribly racist Sharpton is and how he knew nothing about me save my race.

He didn't know anything of my time teaching school in Mississippi to black children in the 60s nor of my time treating pro bono hundreds upon hundreds of mostly black drug addicts in the South Bronx in the 70s and 80s. He didn't know that my sister had adopted three black children after their mom had become a crack whore and died of her addiction and their father had been imprisoned for beating one of her john's with a baseball bat upon catching them coming out of a motel.

He didn't know anything about me other than that I was white and had glanced at him in a public place. What he told me about himself was that underneath his facade of anger, he was a very small and frightened man.
beaten down by his own fear and contempt for our common humanity.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down