NBA Rumors: Celtics exploring trade amid Dennis Schroder talks

+2
gyso
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics exploring trade amid Dennis Schroder talks Empty NBA Rumors: Celtics exploring trade amid Dennis Schroder talks

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:40 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-celtics-exploring-trade-153856790.html

NBA Rumors: Celtics exploring trade amid Dennis Schroder talks

Darren Hartwell
Tue, August 10, 2021, 8:38 AM

New Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Brad Stevens has quite a few balls in the air this week.

The Celtics reportedly are waiting to hear from point guard Dennis Schroder after offering him a free-agent contract. Before the C's make a decision on Schroder, however, it appears Stevens is plotting another move.

From Bleacher Report's Jake Fischer on Tuesday:

"The Celtics are exploring trade opportunities for point guard Kris Dunn and forward Bruno Fernando before concluding conversations with free agent Dennis Schroder."

The C's acquired Dunn, Fernando and a 2023 second-round draft pick from the Atlanta Hawks on Saturday in a three-team trade that sent Tristan Thompson to the Sacramento Kings. The deal took a week to go through, however, and The Boston Globe's Adam Himmelsbach initially reported that Boston could look to move Dunn in a separate deal.

Trading Dunn and/or Fernando would make sense for the Celtics if they want to sign Schroder. The two are set to make roughly $6.5 million combined in 2021-22 and Dunn also plays point guard, so dealing the newcomers would free up some cap space for a potential Schroder contract while paving the way for a Boston backcourt of Marcus Smart, Schroder and Payton Pritchard.

It's unclear what a trade of Dunn and Fernando would look like, and whether the C's would sign Schroder if they don't find any trade suitors. But it sounds like another shoe could drop before the Celtics reach a resolution with Schroder.

Bob
MY NOTE:  "Trader Danny"?  Brad has been so busy he is making Danny look positively narcoleptic.  Wow.  That's it, I am not going to invest any more emotion into our current roster other than the ones that I am confident are longtermers (i.e. the Js, maybe Smart) and ones that have no salary impact (i.e. Madar and Bergarin).  Pritchard and Nesmith are probably safe but I'm not even sure of that anymore, Brad is just taking the league by storm.  If I had to admit I really couldn't figure out what Danny was going to do next despite having 18 years of paying close attention I sure as Hell don't know what is running through Brad's head.  I'm not prepared to make a judgement, the proof will be in the pudding and it is looking like the pudding isn't going to be ready to eat for another 4-6 weeks, but he isn't sitting by idly, that's for damn sure.  What I'm finding interesting is Brad is reportedly looking to move players he just acquired, Dunn and Fernando, but you aren't hearing reports of him trying to move Grant or Carsen or Jabari.  

At least now we know why Bruno has been added to the summer league roster after the games have already begun.  He's being showcased.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics exploring trade amid Dennis Schroder talks Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics exploring trade amid Dennis Schroder talks

Post by gyso Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:54 am

Remember, if Brad wants to combine Kris Dunn and Bruno Fernando in a trade, he'll have to wait two months. Trading them separately can happen now.

Stay tuned and hang on!

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics exploring trade amid Dennis Schroder talks Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics exploring trade amid Dennis Schroder talks

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:26 am

so they cannot get grouped together and shipped out??? I have no use for Dunn, don't know anything about Bruno, but, short of a miracle player appearing on the trade list, I was hoping these two would be gone by now.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:18 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:so they cannot get grouped together and shipped out???  I have no use for Dunn, don't know anything about Bruno, but, short of a miracle player appearing on the trade list, I was hoping these two would be gone by now.

It's going to be a long summer if the team tries to group them together in a trade.

The rest of the league knows we have no use for Dunn, so it may take a while until another team decides to help us out.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:09 am

Where does Jabari Parker fall here, or is that the wrong word to use. I almost was hoping that he got a shot to make the team, heck if they had been thinking about Javonte Green, why not. I do know Green was better defensively, but Parker worked his butt off in those last games against Brooklyn. Or, does he just get cut in the end?
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:02 pm

Just announced that Shroeder (?) signed one year deal
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Carsen is probably being showcased in SL too. He got the most minutes (26)and had 8 RB's, 5 assusts, 2 steals, and went 3-8 from three. Yes, I know, it's summer league.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:49 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Where does Jabari Parker fall here, or is that the wrong word to use. I almost was hoping that he got a shot to make the team, heck if they had been thinking about Javonte Green, why not. I do know Green was better defensively, but Parker worked his butt off in those last games against Brooklyn. Or, does he just get cut in the end?

I think Parker will stick around. Bargain price for bench strength that can score a little.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:24 am

Bulls Blazers and Pelicans have open spots still on their rosters.

If Boston is looking to dump 2 roster spots they could call up NOLA and trade Carsen Edwards and Parker to them for DJ Dosier.  Nola needs a PG and they can either keep Parker or cut him.

The Celtics can cut DJ Dozier nonguaranteed deal (except $200K) and then have AH call Paul Milsap up and have him sign for the vet minimum.  

That move would get us a veteran PF and allow us to beat the tax man.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:25 am

worcester wrote:Carsen is probably being showcased in SL too. He got the most minutes (26)and had 8 RB's, 5 assusts, 2 steals, and went 3-8 from three. Yes, I know, it's summer league.

worcester,

"Carsen is probably being showcased in SL too."

I'd turn him into a hood ornament if that's what it will take.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:30 am

I think they should trade him to Disney World to become one of the seven dwarfs
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:30 am

I think they should trade him to Disney World to become one of the seven dwarfs
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:17 am

Poor Carsen, he will never get a chance to miss or make too many shots.

In a recent  interview with him, he seemed very down.  I know I have made jokes about him.  There was a sadness about him but maybe a change of scenery and a better opportunity for him to just shoot the ball may help him carve out a niche.  It is unlikely to happen on the Celtics.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down