NBA Rumors: Celtics 'engaged pretty seriously' in trade talks for Clint Capela

5 posters

Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics 'engaged pretty seriously' in trade talks for Clint Capela Empty NBA Rumors: Celtics 'engaged pretty seriously' in trade talks for Clint Capela

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:57 am

NBA Rumors: Celtics 'engaged pretty seriously' in trade talks for Clint Capela

NBC Sports Boston By Jacob Camenker June 09, 2019 12:24 PM

The Boston Celtics are entering a period of flux this offseason. Kyrie Irving is set to opt out of his contract and at the moment, it is rumored that he wants to go to the Nets and leave the Celtics. And if Irving goes, the Celtics will be in a state of roster limbo.

The Celtics have a lot of young talent that they are considering putting into a deal for Anthony Davis. However, Davis is on a one-year deal, so the C's may not want to give up significant parts of their young core to take that risk. That said, they could still be active in the trade market, and they could go in a different direction while looking for a big.

According to Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders, the Celtics have been "engaged pretty seriously" in trade talks for Houston Rockets center Clint Capela.

Of course, this is just a rumor, and as Kyler noted, things are still fluid at this point in the pre-roster-building phase of the NBA offseason. But, a deal for Capela would make some sense.

Capela, 25, is a great rebounder, rim protector, and inside scorer who averaged 16.6 points, 12.7 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks per game last season. He's an old-school big who only scores inside, but given his length, athletic ability, and defensive prowess, he could be a good fit with the Celtics' young core.

Trading for Capela, who just finished the first year of a five-year, $90 million contract won't be easy, but Chris Forsberg did identify a trade that could work out depending on how the offseason unfolds for the Celtics and Rockets. But either way, their rumored interest in Capela is duly noted.

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics 'engaged pretty seriously' in trade talks for Clint Capela Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics 'engaged pretty seriously' in trade talks for Clint Capela

Post by worcester Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:06 am

Capela would sure be an upgrade at center, but he does need a PG who can pass accurately to him, especially setting him, up for lobs. That PG is not Terry Rozier.
Still, at $18M a year, he is not out of ur price range, and perhaps packaging just a few of our players would suffice. Which few? Tatum, Yabu, RW, and Semi. Too expensive? I dunno.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

NBA Rumors: Celtics 'engaged pretty seriously' in trade talks for Clint Capela Empty Re: NBA Rumors: Celtics 'engaged pretty seriously' in trade talks for Clint Capela

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:35 am

I've seen a couple of stories on this rumored trade this morning.

Another says the Celtics prefer to keep their young core of Tatum and Brown and that part of the picture is a new contract for Rozier. That article goes on to say it's unclear who or what the Celtics would part with to make the deal happen.

We'll obviously see more on this one. Tons of variables and missing details at this point. I think, if it even gains serious traction, a core of Tatum, Brown, Rozier and Capela would be a good start. I would hope it would include Smart as well.

As always with these rumored deals, we'll see.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:31 pm

I like Capella, does a lot of inside things well, but can’t see getting him by trading either of 2 J’s for him. The fact that they are discussing him tells me management doesn’t have faith in Robert Williams, who is virtual clone of Capella....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:51 pm

another rumor back on the innerwebs.......

According to Adrian Wojnarowski, the Utah Jazz, the Indiana Pacers and the Boston Celtics (if Kyrie If Irving leaves the team in Free Agency) are all interested in trading for Memphis Grizzlies’pointguard Mike Conley. 9 mins ago – via Sportando

my notes are Conley has a $32.5M salary next year, which would make nay trade to Boston difficult at best to pull off.

I'd give em Hayward for him of course...but they won't...LOL.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down