The latest addition to the roster

5 posters

Go down

The latest addition to the roster Empty The latest addition to the roster

Post by sinus007 Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 am

Hi,
Garrison Mathews is for 2-way contract: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-celtics-sign-garrison-135621311.html

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

The latest addition to the roster Empty Re: The latest addition to the roster

Post by KyleCleric Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:17 am

Seems like a good pickup if he ends up on the team on a 2-way contract

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:42 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/could-boston-celtics-more-moves-153012915.html

Could the Boston Celtics have more moves to make before the 2021-22 season starts?

Justin Quinn
Fri, September 24, 2021, 6:30 PM·2 min read

Could the Boston Celtics have more moves coming in what has already been one of the busiest offseasons in the league? Reading the proverbial tea leaves hinted that might be the case given at least some of the Celtics’ camp invitees are not two way deal eligible, a possibility buttressed by the reporting of Celtics Blog’s Keith Smith on Friday.

Smith reported that ” Boston’s recent camp invites, Ryan Arcidiacono and Garrison Mathews, have a real shot at making the Celtics final 15-man roster” and one of his sources went as far as to say that it is “not a lock that the roster is done either,” noting [team president] “Brad [Stevens] is still doing some tinkering.” Smith further notes that forward Jabari Parker’s roster spot “might be in danger.”

With only a $100,000 guarantee on his current deal up to the first game of the 2021-22 NBA season, he is the logical player to be cut should one of the other prospects invited to Boston’s camp earn the position.

Keith Smith
@KeithSmithNBA
Hearing from multiple sources that Boston's recent camp invites, Ryan Arcidiacono and Garrison Mathews, have a real shot at making the Celtics final 15-man roster. One source said "It's not a lock that the roster is done either. Brad is still doing some tinkering."
4:59 PM · Sep 24, 2021

Bob
MY NOTE:  Trader who?  Brad is making Danny look like a stiff.  Imagine if Parker is cut and one of those two extremely mediocre guards are kept.  That would be the end of Parker's career in the NBA.  It would also mean we lose depth at a position we don't have that much depth at.  It would also mean that, either, Brad values Grant Williams over Jabari Parker or that there is no market for Grant Williams and therefore the only real choice left is to cut Parker.  Either way I'd be sending an EMT team over the DBoss' house to make sure he's ok.  Maybe a bomb disposal unit too, just in case he's ready to explode too close to a gas line.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:52 am

Hi,
I'm not sure about the need to cut one of Parker or Grant. But if there's such I'd keep Grant due to his defensive skills.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:10 am

The Celtics are looking to add more shooting depth to this team. That is the one area that I have some concerns about. If either Ryan Arcidiacono and Garrison Mathews light it up in camp, they could secure the 15th roster spot. I think that is a real possibility.

Contrary to popular opinion, I would keep Grant over Parker in absence of a trade.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:15 am

I really believe that they should give a real look this pre season/early season to Parker. I just have a gut feeling that this guy could help this team. Give him a chance. As far as Grant is concerned, he is on a short leash now. There could be someone out there who could contribute more than grant. As good a kid as he is, he is hanging by a thin thread right now.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:19 am

Deep bench guys are not going to get a lot of playing time. They are not going to get a lot of touches. I like Mathews because he can shoot (2 solid years) and his EFG% is .575. He makes his shoots in limited opportunities.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down