Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to Two-Way contract

+3
gyso
bobheckler
atcross
7 posters

Go down

Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to Two-Way contract Empty Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to Two-Way contract

Post by atcross Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:06 am

https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/10/18/22732513/report-boston-celtics-sign-brodric-thomas-to-two-way-contract

atcross

Back to top Go down

Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to Two-Way contract Empty Re: Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to Two-Way contract

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:07 pm

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to Two-Way contract Empty Re: Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to Two-Way contract

Post by gyso Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:13 pm

Bob, you beat me to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:03 pm

Okay so we added another 6' 5" guard with a great highlight reel but cannot shoot worth a damn in the NBA or in college.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:41 pm

dboss wrote:Okay so we added another 6' 5" guard with a great highlight reel but cannot shoot worth a damn in the NBA or in college.

Hasn’t played much in the nba yet but his 3pt shooting in the gleague was over 40%. Haven’t found all his college stats but he had at least one 50-40-80 season.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:54 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
dboss wrote:Okay so we added another 6' 5" guard with a great highlight reel but cannot shoot worth a damn in the NBA or in college.

Hasn’t played much in the nba yet but his 3pt shooting in the gleague was over 40%. Haven’t found all his college stats but he had at least one 50-40-80 season.

Kyle below is a link to his NBA numbers

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/4407254/brodric-thomas

He shot 27.1% from deep in 32 games

His college stats indicate 38.1% from deep and 18.8 PPG over 3 years (he played 78 games) The level of competition was not great.

https://trumanbulldogs.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/brodric-thomas/4865

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:38 pm

Not only do many fans have unrealistic expectations regarding players for the 14th and 15 roster spots, but now it is also carried over to a somewhat new category: 2-way players.

Accentuate the negative, downplay the positive, no place for Ms. in-between.   Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to Two-Way contract 1f634

Whatever . . .

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:27 pm

gyso wrote:Not only do many fans have unrealistic expectations regarding players for the 14th and 15 roster spots, but now it is also carried over to a somewhat new category: 2-way players.

Accentuate the negative, downplay the positive, no place for Ms. in-between.   Celtics sign Brodric Thomas to Two-Way contract 1f634

Whatever . . .

Your are so right...wrong. I love Sam Hauser. You know that 2-way guy we signed early on. And what did I like about him? No one is accentuating the negative. People make observations sometimes they are negative and sometimes they are positive and sometimes they are in-between.

No one size fits all.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:45 pm

For a minute I thought they signed Broderick Crawford. My bad..

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:51 pm

dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:Not only do many fans have unrealistic expectations regarding players for the 14th and 15 roster spots, but now it is also carried over to a somewhat new category: 2-way players.

Whatever . . .

Your are so right...wrong.  I love Sam Hauser.  You know that 2-way guy we signed early on.  And what did I like about him?  No one is accentuating the negative.  People make observations sometimes they are  negative and sometimes they are positive and sometimes they are in-between.

No one size fits all.

Agree Dboss except like to eliminate Mr and Ms. In between. Either it is or it ain’t. Ain’t no in between. IMHO :>(

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:04 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:

Whatever . . .

Your are so right...wrong.  I love Sam Hauser.  You know that 2-way guy we signed early on.  And what did I like about him?  No one is accentuating the negative.  People make observations sometimes they are  negative and sometimes they are positive and sometimes they are in-between.

No one size fits all.

Agree Dboss except like to eliminate Mr and Ms. In between. Either it is or it ain’t.  Ain’t no in between. IMHO :>(

ktron

If you think about it, there is.

Take the Sam Hauser example.  He played in the ACC at Virginia and was one of the best 3 point shooters in that conference.  We see him in the summer league and we can see that he can shoot.  We see him in very limited action in preseason and he can shoot.

On the other hand, he is not a lock down defender and has slow lateral movement.  He was he guy that got scored over in the second Magic game that we lost.  Switching defense will put you on anyone at anytime.  

He is somewhere in between Mr & Mrs

With regards to Broderick Crawford, we seen a great highlight reel.  Who is this kid?  He looks great in the highlights.  He is on a 2-way just like Sam

I mentioned that the competition in college was not great unless you can find a silver lining in the likes of Findlay, Cedarville, Grand valley St., Davenport, Mo. Southern St., Newnan, Washburn, Quincy, NW Mo. State, William Jewell, Rockhurst, Missouri S & T, Maryville, Ill Springfield, Lewis, So. Indiana and another 5 basketball powerhouses.

Expectations should be realistic but again they are only expectations.  

If our team has a better end of the bench roster including the 2-way guys it could translate into another win or 2.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:44 pm

I like the kid as an end-of-the-bench addition with considerable upside. His 1st step is quick, seems to have the athleticism necessary for the association, and I read that he is a tireless defender. Could be a pleasant surprise.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:20 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:

Whatever . . .

No one size fits all.

Agree Dboss except like to eliminate Mr and Ms. In between. Either it is or it ain’t.  Ain’t no in between. IMHO :>(

ktron

Take the Sam Hauser example.  He played in the ACC at Virginia and was one of the best 3 point shooters in that conference.  We see him in the summer league and we can see that he can shoot.  We see him in very limited action in preseason and he can shoot.

On the other hand, he is not a lock down defender and has slow lateral movement.  He was he guy that got scored over in the second Magic game that we lost.  Switching defense will put you on anyone at anytime.  

With regards to Broderick Crawford, we seen a great highlight reel.  Who is this kid?  He looks great in the highlights.  He is on a 2-way just like Sam

I mentioned that the competition in college was not great unless you can find a silver lining in the likes of Findlay, Cedarville, Grand valley St., Davenport, Mo. Southern St., Newnan, Washburn, Quincy, NW Mo. State, William Jewell, Rockhurst, Missouri S & T, Maryville, Ill Springfield, Lewis, So. Indiana and another 5 basketball powerhouses.

If our team has a better end of the bench roster including the 2-way guys it could translate into another win or 2.

Dboss, the player you describe as a mr. Or Mrs. In between in my opinion doesn’t quite fit that bill. He can shoot and thats all. We really don't have the luxury of keeping a player like that around but somehow they’re trying to. If we could afford a player that can shoot and thats all than i would agree. But this team is not good enough to have him around. Soooooo we should be looking at the back of his head as he leaves out never to return until we can afford the luxury.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:31 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:

Whatever . . .

No one size fits all.

ktron

Dboss, the player you describe as a mr. Or Mrs. In between in my opinion doesn’t quite fit that bill. He can shoot and thats all. We really don't have the luxury of keeping a player like that around but somehow they’re trying to. If we could afford a player that can shoot and thats all than i would agree. But this team is not good enough to have him around. Soooooo we should be looking at the back of his head as he leaves out never to return until we can afford the luxury.
Ktron

Not every player is going to be good defensively but if they are really good at putting the ball in the hole there is a role there for them to contribute.

Two good points of reference would be Kyle Korver and JJ Reddick.  

I do not know if Hauser will be anywhere near as good offensively but a 2-way deal seems like a small sacrifice to find out.

There are ways to hide poor defenders.  Like Enes. You play more zone when they are on the floor.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:51 am

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:

Whatever . . .

No one size fits all.

ktron

Ktron

Not every player is going to be good defensively but if they are really good at putting the ball in the hole there is a role there for them to contribute.

Two good points of reference would be Kyle Korver and JJ Reddick.  

I do not know if Hauser will be anywhere near as good offensively but a 2-way deal seems like a small sacrifice to find out.

There are ways to hide poor defenders.  Like Enes. You play more zone when they are on the floor.
I you’re right. It’s only a 2 way contract and I didn’t think about that. Worth a look see.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down