This is getting completely out of hand

+2
cowens/oldschool
Ktron
6 posters

Go down

This is getting completely out of hand Empty This is getting completely out of hand

Post by Ktron Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:08 pm

It’s never ending never ending..

This is getting completely out of hand 4c9bae10

Ktron

Back to top Go down

This is getting completely out of hand Empty Re: This is getting completely out of hand

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:59 am

This medical and training staff is by far one of the worst in the league.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

This is getting completely out of hand Empty Re: This is getting completely out of hand

Post by Ktron Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:35 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:This medical and training staff is by far one of the worst in the league.
Horr.A.Bull!!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:29 am

The training staff is so bad, at this point they could be on the verge of turning Jaylen Brown into an injury prone player, as 8 games off they couldn’t heal him and the stuff they have been doing has not been protecting him. He is clearly not the Jaylen we know right now on the floor.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:16 am

I am not a fan of this training staff.  I believe I have seen a much higher incidence of injuries with them than we saw with Bryan Doo and Ed LaCerte.

Having said that, what is Jaylen telling them that is making them think he should be held out "out of caution"?  If he's good, if there are no twinges, then what?

Josh Richardson had a non-COVID illness.  Rob Williams is still out with a non-COVID illness.  This has nothing to do with the training staff, but it is still more frequent than I seem to remember.  I don't doubt they're sick, I just don't understand why so many of these athletes are coming down with colds/flus/etc.  Same New England weather as always. Same cold weather/hot locker rooms/cold gyms/back to hot locker rooms/back to cold weather as always.

Schroder sprained his ankle a few games back.  He has continued to play on it.  He has also had a couple of bad games.  Staying off it for a bit, or at least not cutting on it, might be a good idea.  I don't know how he sprained his ankle.  It is an occupational hazard but are they taping him up wrong?  Wouldn't he know, after all these years, how he likes his ankles taped, or what sneakers provide him with the best ankle support?  Hell, when I was a kid playing basketball in the NYC schoolyards I knew which sneakers supported my ankles the best (for the record, they were Chuck Taylor Converse All-Stars, I preferred white), I'm sure that an NBA player like Schroder has his pick of the litter (he's been wearing Nikes for years).

I'll bet a stat on this comes out later in the year, maybe at or after the All-Star game when there are enough data points to ascertain a trend, as to how many player-games have been missed by every team. It will be interested to see if our injury/illness issues are the same as the rest of the league. Do the Toronto Raptors, Chicago Bulls, Milwaukee Bucks and Minnesota Timberwolves, all teams who play in colder climates than Boston, have similar injury/illness profiles?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:04 pm

Schroder sprained his ankle when an opposing player slid in under his feet when he took a shot.  It resulted in a flagrant-1 foul.  Dennis limped up to the line and took the free throws himself.

Jaylen came back too soon.  He was favoring his bad hammy leg in his first game back, looking very hesitant.  He should have sat out longer.

Flus and colds have been invading locker rooms since the Dead Sea was just sick.  It seems a little earlier than usual, but with these players being so close to one another, it shouldn't come as a surprise that when one gets it, others soon follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:51 pm

This is not only a C’s problem its league wide. I don’t care about the rest of the teams but I do care about the C’s and am concerned about the league when it comes to this. We don’t know what Non-Covid illness actually is and the poor fan who spends his/her hard earned money deserve better.
Maybe I’m old school but the resources that athletics have today doesn't remotely mirror what resources were unavailable 10-20-30 + years ago.
We do know that players like Satch and Tommy, just to name a few played with pads and whatever was needed to stay on the floor.
There is no way I can believe that all of these players being out is necessary. BobH mentioned data and I’d like to see some of it hoping to prove me wrong.
In the meantime, why hasn’t one of these teams gone out and secured Urgent Care or some hospital to become a sponsor on the jerseys. It would certainly be fitting. No pun intended.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:43 pm

Jaylen is a 'go' for tonight vs Raptors.
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:45 pm

Not a bad idea, Ktron. Something needs to be done for sure.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:57 am

I don’t think you can blame the training staff for sprains and most joint injuries. You sure can’t lay Covid related absences at their feet.

I think it’s probably not at all the trainers. RWIII and Brown seem to be especially good examples of missing time with problems a trainer can’t solve.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down