Miami @ Atlanta last eve

3 posters

Go down

Miami @ Atlanta last eve Empty Miami @ Atlanta last eve

Post by beat Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:39 am

Watched a bit of the third quarter and all the 4th. Many times Bron held the ball and the 4 other heat players just stood still. He tried to force it inside but didn't get to the line as much as he tought he should. Yeah they didn't have Wade or Miller but they (the heat) just looked a lot like Cleveland did. On the other hand Atlanta might have had something to do with it. They looked in the 4th quarter like we looked the other day in the third. Crawford's range is anywhere withing 25 feet and Bibby played a solid point getting the ball to cutters ect. They defended well and did not give the heat second chances to often. Their bigs defended Bron & company quite well, cutting of the driving lanes and not putting him on the line either. Really think Atlanta will do quite well this year. Miami will win a lot of games simply because there are so many bad teams but I doubt they'll get to 60.

Bron and Bosh played nearly all the 4th quarter as did most of the Atlanta starters. But in the end Atlanta pulled away. Interesting game to watch as down the stretch it was nearly allways Bron solo. Bosh got very few touches. game was tied with several minutes to go. Not sure if a tiny snipit of a pre season game means a whole lot but it sure appeared to have a bit of playoff intensity.

Just can't wait for next tuesday to get here!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Miami @ Atlanta last eve Empty Re: Miami @ Atlanta last eve

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:26 am

beat I thinking the same exact thing,wheres the new offense? was all Lebron doing everything......where was Bosh?I barely saw him

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:47 am

Cow

I know many of us (if not all of us) want to see the Heat loose. The media has pre ordained them as the Champs before any games are even played. That and the whole Bron circus..........no wonder people are reacting the way they are..........and then Bron playing the race card to boot? Stern himself could not have wrote this script! (and with a lockout looming)

Hammies are a tough injury to completely get better during a season and Wade's hasn't even started. Now Miller is out for a while. James was wearing a full sleve on the arm with the "ELBOW" he doinked a couple foul shots late................wonder when the elbow excuse will raise it's head?

Injuries happen as the C's well know. And the heat are starting out with some key ones. Remains to be seen just what Wade can do as he only played a few minutes in one preseason game I think. He may say he's 100%, we'll see about that next week.

SO who will the offense flow through for them? How long will Bosh want to play a distant 3rd fiddle? Can their bench provide enough support. Should Haslem go down who do they have for a backup?

Stay tuned as the NBA turns into Peyton Place!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:27 am

Several things:

It's going to come down to managing/massaging egos in Miami. And from the looks of things, as pointed out, Bron has justed moved CLE and all its problems to Miami. Not much has changed. This falls into Spoelstra's court. Now while this is still just the pre-season with no Dwade, Coach S is in way over his head, I still say. The early returns are a clear indication that Pat is inching nervously closer and closer to courtside.

We haven't addressed ATL too much to date with all the sparks coming out of Miami. Has enough changed for us to avoid being swept again by them during the season and hoping to avoid them in the playoffs? They're probably the sleeper team that could ruin everything for us.

Good news to hear refs are backing off sending LeBron to the line just for plowing down the lane. He did still go to the line 19 times. Interesting numbers, 38 points 11 boards and only 2 assists. A whopping -17 on the +/-. And, oh yeah, 0 fouls. Same as it ever was.

SamStat below 50%. Not surprising.

Good for Eddie, 3-3 from downtown.

Sure are playing Bosh and LeBron alot for a pre-season game, but due to injuries that's understandable.

As of today, I'm not really sure this team gets out of the first round. Definitely not the second round. With or without Dwade.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down