Go down

Absolutely NO RESPECT Empty Absolutely NO RESPECT

Post by beat Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:09 pm

All about the heat Losing and Not the C's winnig
of course what else is new.

Heat Stroke: People watched the Heat play
Posted on: October 27, 2010 2:50 pmScore: 189
Log-in to rate:Log-in to rate:Log-in to rate: Posted by Royce Young

For those of you that gripe about too much Miami Heat coverage, I'm with you. It can become a little nauseating. But people care. People watch. People are paying very close attention.

For example, last night's opening game against the Boston Celtics? Oh, it only drew 7.4 million viewers making it the highest rated basketball game in cable TV history. The game it topped? Lakers-Bulls from 1996. Yeah, people care about this Heat team.

For a regular season basketball game, that number is fairly huge. The NBA grabbed every casual sports fan and had them watching last night. I suspect we're going to have a season pretty much full of numbers like that. And to dethrone a game that featured MJ's greatest Bulls team versus Magic Johnson in his final season is just wild.

For shame the Heat didn't perform that well though. The game ended up being a pretty good one, but I'm sure after the first quarter, casual hoops fans were thinking, "This is it? This is what everyone made such a big deal about?" If the NBA had its way, the game would've been back and forth for a full 48 with LeBron, Wade and Bosh all playing a major role in the game. Instead, viewers saw a 4-16 performance from Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh went 3-11 for eight points and there were 14 combined turnovers between Wade and LeBron. It wasn't exactly pretty.

But still, this Heat team is going to be huge. Especially once there are actual storylines to go with the games. Once there's a level of importance to who the Heat are playing and its something other than just the first look at them, we're all going to be incredibly intrigued. I have a feeling that 7.4 number may be topped once or twice as we go on this year.

Did anyone think there might be a reason for the poor shooting............it's called defense and geesh I do believe your suppose to try to play it at least 1/2 the time your on the floor.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Absolutely NO RESPECT Empty Re: Absolutely NO RESPECT

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:00 pm

beat,

I guess we're just not the flavor-of-the-month.

You're right about that defense thing. It's funny how it keeps the other team from scoring!

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:50 pm

deere beat

Get used to it hoss. It's going to be gross that way. But we are the kickback old school team that plays and thinks the right way. Right now they are just hot air. But I expect they will improve.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:22 pm

Jeb

Don't worry I totally expect it to be that way. Eventually some will take notice. And it's there loss not mine. We have a very special team and it wwill be nice to see them reach their collective potential as a team.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Beat the size of the TV audience was stunning!

Every year the Celtics have been treated with great sketicism. But the prevailing hot air blowing in already has the Heat kissing the trophy.

I think this only goes to prove that too many so-called sports experts can only see the strength of a team if it has a super star or two.

Yet the guts of any championship team in any sport always seems to be vested in the non-superstar, the average guy doing his job and always playing a Team game.

Once again The boston celtics will put their stamp on the meaning of greatness.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:07 pm

Hasn't it always been this way? Which would you rather have, banner #18 or respect from the incompetent know nothing media? That's what I thot. LOL
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Guys,
You're right. I just want to give credit to Greg Sager(sp). In one of the in-game interview he directly mentioned Celtics defense that allowed only 9 points in 1st quarter.
In general, we're stuck with it. Consider how much money, time, etc. was invested in that trio. Even if they fall on their face (I hope so) media will continue to proclaim them as the biggest thing in basketball history.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:29 pm

Is it me, or did the Heat, in Tues. night's game look like the Cavs of bygone years in crunch time. Everyone stands around and watches Lebron do his thing. Neither Bosh, Wade, or James are very effective players WITHOUT the ball!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Thats something I never get about some teams like Knicks, old Phoenix and so on..

"Oh we dont play defense"..

Why the F not? Half of the time the ball is going to be on your side of the court and it is not really anything you can do about it, great offense will cause it to happen more often than bad offense really (considering the potential for rebounds and all).

So why would teams not bother playing defense? In sports like soccer great offense means that you spend less time on your own half of the pitch and as long as you have the ball they wont score. In basketball they will get the ball, the scoring and the shot clock will guarantee that.

Just baffles me...
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Swedish Finn ...any relation to Huck Finn?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 am

Do we know for certain that people tuned in to watch the Heat? It seems the Celtics have been a fairly popular team the past few years, and not just in New England, including some pretty decent playoff ratings numbers. Or, maybe people tuned in to watch the Heat lose?

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down