Celtics @ kings - pregame notes

4 posters

Go down

Celtics @ kings - pregame notes Empty Celtics @ kings - pregame notes

Post by dboss Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:15 pm

The Celtics tipoff against the Kings at 10 PM tonight in game 2 of their 4 game road trip.

The Kings bleed points (over 115 per game)

Lamb is out as is Terence Davis and Fox remains questionable

We are starting to see Ime play PP more rotation minutes.   If you thought that he would be just a minor rotation guy, think again.  We have a superior starting unit but no team can win without consistent bench scoring.    Pritchard can shoot and as he gets more minutes he will definitely make his shots.  He is up to 37% from deep.  I hope that Aaron can get back before the end of the season because  we do not have an established wing scorer off of the bench.   AN has not shown an ability to knock down wide open shots.  In the meantime, Bey dropped a 50 burger the other night.  As it turns out Nesmith's elite shooting in college was too small of a sample size.

Our situation is such that blowout games provide Ime with enough wiggle room to play one of our fillers and if we are lucky, just maybe one of them can become a reliable shooter off the bench. We do not have a lot of time to find out.

That is the only thing missing from this team.  

Look for Boston to cover the -9.5
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics @ kings - pregame notes Empty Re: Celtics @ kings - pregame notes

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:16 pm

They have Harrison Barnes, who is averaging 17ppg and 38% from 3.  They have Domanas Sabonis, who always plays well against us.  Along with Try Lyles that is a physically punishing front court, and that doesn't even include Richaun Holmes and Alex Len.

Aside from the possible absence of their menagerie of Fox and Lamb (see what I did there?) it can only help us that Halliburton and Hield were traded away.  Barnes can score and I absolutely love Sabonis but that's not enough firepower.

The 110 points they score per game is just slightly over our 109.5 but the 115 ppg they give up isn't remotely close to the 103.7 we give up.

My only concern is that this is a trap game after blowing out now 47-23 GSW.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:20 pm

I'll be there with my Lker fan grandson. We have called a truce for this one.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:50 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:I'll be there with my Lker fan grandson. We have called a truce for this one.
Great news 

You can share your experience with the rest of us.  Hope your grandson enjoys the game.    My son kj wasa Laker fan as a kid.  He adored Shaq.  Little by little I was able to save him from the dark side.  Now he is a full blown Celtics fan.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:19 pm

dboss wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:I'll be there with my Lker fan grandson. We have called a truce for this one.
Great news 

You can share your experience with the rest of us.  Hope your grandson enjoys the game.    My son kj wasa Laker fan as a kid.  He adored Shaq.  Little by little I was able to save him from the dark side.  Now he is a full blown Celtics fan.
                              I think my grandsons are irredeemable---- lol, but I bought the tickets, so------ Jonathan is being recruited by division 2 SF State. He can attack the rim and knock down threes. I think I got a little carried away when we argued about some b.s., so it's good to hear from you directly. I can be overly sensitive at times.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:11 pm

Have a great time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down