bobheckler
prakash
RosalieTCeltics
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rob Williams out Empty Rob Williams out

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:20 pm

the report came over news that he has a torn meniscus, will miss several weeks. UGH..........my fear all year long
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Rob Williams out Empty Re: Rob Williams out

Post by prakash Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:24 pm

He is likely done for the season. What a bummer!

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:38 pm

Out 7 weeks, minimum.

A devastating loss.

Rob Williams out FO8-s9vWUAwRKji?format=jpg&name=900x900

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:57 pm

ugh. Ive had 4 torn meniscus in the last 5 yrs,  needed surgery the second time. not a fun process.  even without surgery i was on crutches for over a month the first time. I know they get more attention than us, but that'll be rough to get back from before June.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:57 pm

Just when we were on top of the world for a day!!!!! I have worried about RW all year, he is so physical that it is something that just happens. Now we have to keep everyone else healthy for a good finish. #1 looks like a quick thrill........damn
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:35 pm

prakash wrote:He is likely done for the season.  What a bummer!

Not necessarily. He is young and healthy. Might make it back for round two or three if we get that far. Still....this is exactly what we DIDN'T need.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:27 pm

It is not like we can win without him in the playoffs so unfortunately 7 weeks is too long.  The Celtics defense is just not the same.  Neither is our offense.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:55 pm

Oh yea of little faith........let's look at it from the other side of the rainbow. Maybe he makes a fast recovery. I did not want them in first place anyway. I was just so proud that they leap frogged over everyone in the past couple of months and reached the mountain top

maybe this is a good thing, maybe not. Better it happens now than in the ECF with the puke face on the other side trying to embarrass us. Just think of RW swatting basket after basket when he comes back. I will not give in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:34 pm

I’m still looking. What Dr. Confirmed 7 weeks or is this more speculation from Dr. Wannabe? Geez

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:10 pm

Rosalie,

Puke face, if it is to whom I'm thinking you are referring, will not be in the ECF. You can take that to the bank.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:05 pm

Great defense no quit in us

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:28 am

Come on, Ktron!  If it's on the internet, it has to be true!!  

BTW, the internet says 6-8 weeks healing with no surgery.  Laughing Laughing

db

P.S. Going to have to agree with Perk, though, in that going to need him for the 2nd round which puts that round first week in May otherwise we're going home. That falls right at 5 weeks out from now. Time for the training staff to make their pay. All will be forgiven this season if they can pull this one out of the hat.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:53 am

I’ve had two of these myself. Not like a muscle you can rehab. You can do exercises to strengthen the muscles around your knee, and help stabilize that joint, but the injury can happen with enough twisting and lateral movement anyway. They don’t say if it’s a lateral or medial meniscus tear; the lateral can involve the ACL. Severity and lateral or medial location can vary, but as Matty said above, neither is fun.

Troubling in that it is another in an ongoing series of knee and leg injuries, especially for a big man.  I’m more convinced than ever, we need to find front court players this summer. RWIII is the only big on the team capable of the level of play and inside game the team needs. It’s not a stretch to say we’re likely looking at a player with a short career. We don’t need more wings or ball handlers when we’re short on bigs. The search for bigs should be the priority more than ever IMO.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:29 am

NYCelt wrote:I’ve had two of these myself. Not like a muscle you can rehab. You can do exercises to strengthen the muscles around your knee, and help stabilize that joint, but the injury can happen with enough twisting and lateral movement anyway. They don’t say if it’s a lateral or medial meniscus tear; the lateral can involve the ACL. Severity and lateral or medial location can vary, but as Matty said above, neither is fun.

Troubling in that it is another in an ongoing series of knee and leg injuries, especially for a big man.  I’m more convinced than ever, we need to find front court players this summer. RWIII is the only big on the team capable of the level of play and inside game the team needs. It’s not a stretch to say we’re likely looking at a player with a short career. We don’t need more wings or ball handlers when we’re short on bigs. The search for bigs should be the priority more than ever IMO.

+1

I said the same thing on another thread

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:55 am

Williams is No. 1 among 169 players in the league who have defended 500-plus shots as the closest defender, per Second Spectrum tracking. Only Williams has held opponents under 40% shooting.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:53 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Come on, Ktron!  If it's on the internet, it has to be true!!  

BTW, the internet says 6-8 weeks healing with no surgery.  Laughing Laughing

db

P.S.  Going to have to agree with Perk, though, in that going to need him for the 2nd round which puts that round first week in May otherwise we're going home.  That falls right at 5 weeks out from now.  Time for the training staff to make their pay.  All will be forgiven this season if they can pull this one out of the hat.  

You can give it 6-8 weeks and hope it heals without surgery. Whether or not it will eventually require surgery depends on how bad (ie what grade tear) it is. Grade 1-2 sometimes heals with PT; grade 3-4 usually needs surgery. More info in the link below.
If Williams decides to have a REPAIR (only a small percentage of these CAN be repaired-only the ones on the periphery that have a decent blood supply) then he will be out for the season but will have a lower risk of arthritis in the future. If some or all of it is removed then he could be back this year if make a late playoff run.

BTW: its a lateral meniscus tear and no mention of ligament damage that I am aware of.

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/knee-pain/meniscus-tear-surgery
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:48 pm

i just saw a report saying he is going to be going under the knife and will be out until the second round or so.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:00 pm

In other words, he is done for the season. This kid does not come back from injuries fast, I hate to be negative, I am always looking for that rainbow in the sky but this just does not look good. It is the extent of surgery that will determine his rehabbing. If they go in and clean the whole area up, forget it.
I feel really bad for this kid. He has worked his butt off this year training watching film, and just all in all breaking his neck to succeed. Remember, he has a lousy back too. He is just a fragile big man, who is just so darn talented, what a shame he cannot play a full year without something going wrong
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:00 pm

In other words, he is done for the season.  This kid does not come back from injuries fast, I hate to be negative, I am always looking for that rainbow in the sky but this just does not look good. It is the extent of surgery that will determine his rehabbing.  If they go in and clean the whole area up, forget it.  
I feel really bad for this kid. He has worked his butt off this year training watching film, and just all in all breaking his neck to succeed. Remember, he has  a lousy back too. He is just a fragile big man, who is just so darn talented, what a shame he cannot play a full year without something going wrong
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:10 pm

Celtics head coach Ime Udoka said Monday that Williams will have surgery to address the torn meniscus in his left knee, Brian Robb of The Springfield Republican reports.

What we do not know is what type of surgery he'll have. I guess we will get more details on the surgery along with an update on his recovery time.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:16 pm

I read that repair is better long term than removing the damaged portion.

Remember Kemba had 3 procedures done before he came to Boston and from what I recall bits and pieces were removed including 2 clean it out procedures.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:09 pm

Do we have a roster slot or not? I thought I saw someone say we did a few days ago but in looking at the roster there's 17 names. If we do have one there are a number of FA bigs that could give us 5 minutes in a break glass in emergency role. From Tacko to Marc Gasol to Thon Maker to Cody Zeller. If we have a slot that would seem to be a way to go.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:01 pm

Unfortunately it looks like we have to plan on life without Rob this season.
I agree with NY, it doesn't look like Rob is going to have a long career so plan accordingly. As Florida Evans used to say, “DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:15 pm

Will the Celtics move Grant or Theis into the starting line up and stay big, or move Derrick White into the starting line up and go small (similar to their current closer-death line up but with Al instead of Rob at the 5)??

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:34 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/03/robert-williams-injury-celtics-center-to-return-in-4-6-weeks-after-undergoing-surgery-on-torn-meniscus.html

Robert Williams injury: Celtics center to return in 4-6 weeks after undergoing surgery on torn meniscus

Updated: Mar. 30, 2022, 8:46 a.m. | Published: Mar. 30, 2022, 8:41 a.m.

By Brian Robb | brobb@masslive.com

Robert Williams underwent surgery for a torn meniscus in his left knee on Wednesday morning, leaving open the possibility he could return for the Boston Celtics this postseason, a league source told MassLive. Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com was first to report the news.

Williams underwent a meniscus trim during the surgery, a procedure that results in a shorter recovery timetable as compared to a meniscus repair, which would have ended his season.

Williams suffered the injury during Sunday’s win over the Timberwolves. He posted 13 points and 10 rebounds over 24 minutes before exiting the game with the injury.

The projected recovery timetable for a meniscus tear is 4-6 weeks, leaving open the possibility that Williams could return in late April or early May if Boston advanced past the first round of the postseason.

Four weeks from the procedure would be April 27th, while a six week recovery would land on May 11th. The NBA first round will begin the weekend of April 16-17. The NBA second round is expected to begin in the closing days of April depending on the length of the first-round series.

The Celtics currently sit in the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference with seven games left in the regular season, which likely gave Williams and the Celtics plenty of incentive to go with the shorter recovery timetable option with medical approval. In the meantime, Udoka says others will need to step up in Williams’ absence.

“Keeping him encouraged and we dealt with a lot of stuff injury-wise and COVID-wise earlier in the season and had to lay through that,” Udoka said this week. “Guys stepped up when Jaylen was out, or whoever it may be. You look at it like that and we’ve been well tested as far as going through some adversity early.

“Everybody else has to hold it down and wait until he’s healthy hopefully and look at that option. He has some optimism that possibly he can come back and guys have to step up in the meantime. We’ve done it all year and hopefully, he’ll be back sooner than later. We’ll see in the next few days, but that should give him some hope and optimism to heal up and rely on everybody else to kind of take his spot for now.”

Daniel Theis and Grant Williams are expected to see extra minutes in Williams’ absence over the next 4-6 weeks but the possibility that Boston could be back at full strength at some point of the Eastern Conference playoffs is in play.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next