dboss
9 posters

Go down

Williams Arrested Empty Williams Arrested

Post by dboss Mon May 20, 2013 10:13 am

REPORT: CELTICS GUARD TERRENCE WILLIAMS ARRESTED 05.20.13 at 9:38 am ET
By Ben Rohrbach

0 Comments

Celtics guard Terrence Williams was arrested on gun charges. (AP)

Celtics guard Terrence Williams was arrested Sunday for allegedly brandishing a firearm and threatening the mother of his 10-year-old son, according to multiple reports out of Washington.

On Sunday afternoon, during a scheduled visit to see his son in Kent, Wash., Williams and the woman argued in the parking lot of her apartment building, where he exposed the gun and made verbal threats, she told police.

The first-year Celtics guard’s father Edgar Williams and mother Sherry Jackson both spent time in prison, and his father was murdered shortly after his release from jail on drug charges in 1993, according to The New York Times (h/t SI.com).

The C’s signed Williams out of the Chinese Basketball Association to a series of 10-day contracts in February, and then inked him for the remainder of the season in early March. The deal included a non-guaranteed salary for 2013-14, when Williams was expected to compete for backup point guard duties behind Rajon Rondo.

He averaged 7.1 points (49.5 FG%), 1.8 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 13.3 minutes over 24 games for the Celtics this season. He appeared in five of their six playoff games against the Knicks, averaging 1.0 point, 2.0 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 9.6 playoff minutes a night.

When Sebastian Telfair was arrested on gun charges soon after the 2006-07 campaign, Celtics co-owner Wyc Grousbeck disowned the former C’s guard — announcing the removal of his nameplate from his Waltham locker in an email to The Boston Globe — and the team included him in the deal for Kevin Garnett that summer.

That shouldn’t get your hopes up for a Kevin Love deal involving Terrence Williams.

Baby mama, weapon, kid...

Was hoping he could be here next seaon.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Williams Arrested Empty Re: Williams Arrested

Post by 112288 Mon May 20, 2013 10:32 am

Report: Williams arrested after domestic violence incident

Celtics guard Terrence Williams has been arrested after he allegedly made threats with a gun during what is being called a domestic violence incident, police in Kent, Wa. announced Sunday.

According to the the Kent Reporter, police took Williams into custody after he allegedly waved a gun during an argument with the mother of his child.

From the Kent Reporter:

At about 1:55 p.m., officers were dispatched to meet the victim who resides in the downtown Kent area. The victim reported that the father of her 10-year-old son in common, identified as NBA basketball player Terrence D. Williams, arrived to her home for a scheduled visitation exchange of their son. She said during the exchange in the parking lot area an argument ensued. The victim reported that during the argument Williams brandished a firearm and made threats.

Police said they later located Williams and took him into custody.

Williams signed a multi-year deal with the Celtics in March that will carry him through the 2013-14 season. His salary for next season, however, is not yet guaranteed.

He averaged 4.6 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 24 appearances for the Celtics this season after spending the opening portion of the 2012-13 season playing for the Guangdong Southern Tigers in the Chinese Basketball Association. Williams signed a 10-day with the Celtics in February and managed to earn a spot on the roster -- and eventually in the team's playoff rotation -- as he added depth to the C's depleted back court.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon May 20, 2013 11:20 am

Another insanely talented kid - throwing his chance away.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 pm

What's with all this young athletes ruining their lives?
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 20, 2013 1:13 pm

I'm sorry to go off topic but I can't help myself. Why is it that reporters always use one of these two terms when talking about such incidents?
...brandishing a firearm (it comes from braund, the old Anglo-French word for
sword)
or
...waved a gun

Does anything other than firearms ever get brandished in America?
And this wave part. Is it like waving "Hi, mom" to the TV cameras except you've got a gun in your hand?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Checking in from Hot Water Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, waiting for low tide so I can dig my hole in the sand and sit in a thermal foxhole, and I see this. Damn!

Well, now we know why he was in China. And it looks like he's going back.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon May 20, 2013 2:39 pm

I will withhold forming an opinion until more infro is released, this could be trumped up charges... Mebbe Williams has a gun permit, she knows he always Carries and made it up after getting mad knowing they would find him with a gun???

I dunno..

Innocent until proven otherwise seems to be a good rule of thumb to me, others may see it differently.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon May 20, 2013 2:42 pm

worcester wrote:I'm sorry to go off topic but I can't help myself. Why is it that reporters always use one of these two terms when talking about such incidents?
...brandishing a firearm (it comes from braund, the old Anglo-French word for
sword)
or
...waved a gun

Does anything other than firearms ever get brandished in America?
And this wave part. Is it like waving "Hi, mom" to the TV cameras except you've got a gun in your hand?

I'm also curious, I've been a gun owner since gramps gave me my first rifle in 1979, I've yet to wave one since.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon May 20, 2013 3:52 pm

Guilty or not, why is a wealthy, educated, fit guy who is 6'5" - 240 walking around with a gun?

No need for it.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon May 20, 2013 4:08 pm

Must be a pretty scary ex-wife.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon May 20, 2013 5:42 pm

The operative question must be asked............Is he a better SHOT with his pistol then with a basketball?

Inquiring criminal minds what to know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Mon May 20, 2013 6:54 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Guilty or not, why is a wealthy, educated, fit guy who is 6'5" - 240 walking around with a gun?

No need for it.

I'm six 2 and change, weigh 220-230, consider myself well educated, have a signifigently higher than average I. Q. And have from time to time carried. Always have at least one knife on my side to boot. Mebbe his reasons are similier to my own.. And unless by carrying I'm breaking the law or use either gun or knife to commit a crime, is no one else's business. Same goes for Williams, and no one has yet proven he REALy commuted a crime just yet.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 pm

Matty wrote: I'm six 2 and change, weigh 220-230, consider myself well educated, have a signifigently higher than average I. Q. And have from time to time carried. Always have at least one knife on my side to boot. Mebbe his reasons are similier to my own.. And unless by carrying I'm breaking the law or use either gun or knife to commit a crime, is no one else's business. Same goes for Williams, and no one has yet proven he REALy commuted a crime just yet.

Your right to carry ends when you use that gun to threaten someone...and my guess is you are an person who understand the power (for good and bad) that a weapon presents - and you would only take it out if you felt your life were in danger.

Somehow I dont think an argument in a parking lot between Williams and his baby's mama - made him fear for his life.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon May 20, 2013 10:48 pm

hooter I hope you are right

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Alcohol was probably involved. It tends to make typically rational people very unpredictable.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 21, 2013 6:45 am

My question is why in the hell is this still happening in the NBA? The NBA needs to do a better job of protecting its prime assets. When a new kid comes into the NBA, they are immediately assigned a body guard until the end of their 3rd season and at that point things are re-evaluated. No exceptions. $100,000 per year per kid comes out right off the top of their salary.

You can't prevent the injuries but you sure as heck can prevent bullshit like this from ever happening again.

When you enter the draft and a team puts millions of dollars into you and your future and the public demands those individuals to perform with where they put their money, you automatically give up a portion of your freedom to act like a complete idiot off court.

And since the NBA is the only show in town for basketball a professional level, they can take it or leave it.

Anybody want to start a security company with me and propose this to DA Stern? This would be a slam dunk idea.

db

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 21, 2013 6:54 am

As a matter of fact make the owners put up the money we would need to start the company. They would be all over it.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 21, 2013 7:04 am

This would be round the clock 24/7 care, so maybe the price tag above was a little light. $300,000 per player, they would sign a contract as long as their NBA contract. From out of nothing you would have a 60 X $300,000=$18,000,000 company. Other players in the league, provided Stern gave you the exclusive, would like the idea and try it out. Eventually you would have a company somewhere north of, let's say, 400 X $300,000 = $120,000,000, actually in pretty short order with little or no effort getting it started.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 21, 2013 5:46 pm

The PU would initially be against it, but when they came to their senses they would realize it was in everyone's best interest and a slam dunk.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue May 28, 2013 5:54 pm

Back in waltham...working out...

Celts taking a wait and see approach.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down