dbrown4
gyso
dboss
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Celtics Playoff thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Playoff thread

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:54 pm

It is obvious, Kevin Durant is no fool, he sat there last night telling reporters how tough the Celtics are playing him. He realizes that, whatever or whenever they play defense on him, he has two guys surrounding him. Even at 7 feet, he is finding this difficult. I believe what Worcester said may be partially if not fully true. He is afraid of getting hurt again. If they continue to play the way they have been, and at some point Williams comes back, there are at least 18 fouls to be called guarding him. Al, Rob and Theis. THis is not counting Grant who has done a decent job when called on. So that is a lot of bumping, pounding and pushing to be done on one guy.

They will come out tomorrow with guns blazing I believe. If we can take just one of these games, nd come home to play #5 it will be fantastic. That is not to say that I would not take both of these and end it early!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:14 pm

Congratulations to the Boston Celtics for winning Round 1 and adding to their historical legacy by sweeping the series.  For the record, the Celtics played the Nets 8 times this season including 4 regular season games.  Boston won 7 of the last 8 matchups.

Up next will likely be the Bucks who hold a 3-1 lead over the Bulls.  Game 5 is tomorrow and the Bulls have already taken a hit with the announcement that Levin is back in the Covid protocol program.  

It would be nice if that series went a little longer but so be it.  The Celtics will still have more than enough time to prepare for round 2.  Of course, I fully expect the Bucks will be out next sacrificial lamb.

Although the Bucks own the belt they are not as good of a team this year as they were last year.  The noticeable decline is at the defensive end.  The missing piece is probably P J Tucker.  That team is built on 3 quality players and a cast of complimentary guys to fill in the cracks.  Middleton is expected to return for the Celtics matchup.  

It appears that a Bucks win on Wednesday would result in our round 2 starting on Saturday.  If their series goes 6 it would give Middleton another day to heal up and our first game would be on Sunday. (don't quote me on this)

The Bucks may regret that they blinked because the prospect of beating Brooklyn was to tenuous.  They could have been the 2nd seed.  Stand up next time!

There will be pregame threads throughout this series.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:18 pm

Just watched some of the game again today.

Grant Williams and Jason Tatum both played maniacal defense consistently in this game and the previous three. Super impressed at how both have upped their games considerably!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:47 pm

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 1 hour ago
Rob Williams says he’s feeling good, feeling great. “No pain at all. Knee is responding well. On the recovery days it’s responding well.”

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe
about 1 hour ago
Udoka said he organized monthly meetings with coaches and players, with coaches going over what they liked and didn't like about past month. Coaches would then leave the room and let the players meet for 15 minutes and then return for feedback. He said it helped greatly. #Celtics

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 1 hour ago
Ime Udoka: “We’re a basketball team, not a track team. We’re not running from people.”

John Karalis @John_Karalis
about 1 hour ago
Asked about Jaylen Brown's hamstring, Ime Udoka simply says "yeah, he's good"

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:34 pm

Quote of the day:

Ime Udoka: “We’re a basketball team, not a track team. We’re not running from people.”

Yes, we're a basketball team, with a bit of boxing team flavor thrown in.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:30 pm

That statement has championship overtones written all over it. Very impressive. He's saying it and the team is backing him up 100%. I'd start getting scared if I was MIL. 2nd round may be a repeat of the first.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:13 pm

Remarkable defense by a bunch of Celtics on, arguably, the best offensive player of his era.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:56 pm

Remarkable indeed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:50 pm

bobheckler wrote:Remarkable defense by a bunch of Celtics on, arguably, the best offensive player of his era.

Bob

A distinct pleasure watching all 9.32 of great defense! I mentioned Tatum and GWill above, but add Horford to the list he also matched up with Durant quite a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:04 am

bobc33 wrote:Just watched some of the game again today.

Grant Williams and Jason Tatum both played maniacal defense consistently in this game and the previous three.  Super impressed at how both have upped their games considerably!

Exactly, I just pointed this out on another thread, they were my biggest surprises. Jaylen and Smart were equally great and effective too, as both are strong and tenacious. We just have so many high end defenders that love to get after it, and we did it for the most part without our best big defender Timelord…..AMAZING.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:30 am

Yes, Cow. It is truly amazing how many solid, top of the line defenders we have - MS, AH, JT, JB, DW, RW, GW, and even DT all bring it. PP is stepping up too, pest that he is.

My only disappointment is Aaron Nesmith. I hope he blossoms next season.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:02 am

worcester wrote:Yes, Cow. It is truly amazing how many solid, top of the line  defenders we have - MS, AH, JT, JB, DW, RW, GW, and even DT all bring it. PP is stepping up too, pest that he is.

My only disappointment is Aaron Nesmith. I hope he blossoms next season.

Yes it is truly amazing what loads of defensive talent we have and they all have bought in, playing together and for each other….I sure didn’t see this ferocity coming together at anywhere near this level before the season. Amazing how adding a couple pieces, AH, DT and DW, subtracting Kemba and Kantor and now truly flawless, no weak links on this D. Gotta give some love/credit to Brad Stevens, he has been brilliant.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:34 am

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP
yesterday
Tonight's edition of "Catnip for the Celtics Fan" Nate Silver's @FiveThirtyEight gives Boston a better chance to win the NBA Championship than a) anyone else and b) every other Eastern team combined. This projects a 31% chance of a Celtics-Suns Finals. C's-Warriors 2nd at 12%. pic.twitter.com/KsXnfwDyrb

Celtics Playoff thread - Page 2 FRejtwPXEAEcE6W?format=jpg

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:03 am

Had a gut feeling before the playoffs started that Boston would beat, Nets, Bucks and Heat thus avenging their last 3 playoff series losses and face the Suns in the finals and win.

The stars are lined up.  Everything is pointing to one conclusion.  As we move through round 2 things will come into a sharper focus.  I have not felt this level of anticipation since 08
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:29 am

Agreed, dboss. The only difference between the two seasons was 2008 team played at this high level pretty much from the start because all Big 3 did an ego check at the door. This year's team has pulled it all together in less than half a season.

It has been a while.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:30 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Agreed, dboss.  The only difference between the two seasons was 2008 team played at this high level pretty much from the start because all Big 3 did an ego check at the door.  This year's team has pulled it all together in less than half a season.

It has been a while.

db    

That 08 team caught lightning in the bottle at the beginning and never looked back.

This 21-22 team had to go through an amazing transformation.  They had been a .500 team for 1.5 years.  It almost feels like 2 seasons in 1.

It has been a very enjoyable experience for Celtics fans.

Brad Stevens deserves heaps upon heaps of praise.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:46 pm

Well, you know me dboss, we should have won in 2010 as well!  But we lost our Embiid at the time.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon May 30, 2022 6:51 pm

dboss wrote:Had a gut feeling before the playoffs started that Boston would beat, Nets, Bucks and Heat thus avenging their last 3 playoff series losses and face the Suns in the finals and win.

The stars are lined up.  Everything is pointing to one conclusion.  As we move through round 2 things will come into a sharper focus.  I have not felt this level of anticipation since 08

So far so good.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon May 30, 2022 6:52 pm

Subbing in Warriors for Suns, lol
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content