dbrown4
bobc33
gyso
cowens/oldschool
prakash
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PLAYOFFS 2022 - ROUND 1 - GAME 4 - CROOKLYN - AWAY - Page 2 Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2022 - ROUND 1 - GAME 4 - CROOKLYN - AWAY

Post by gyso Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:36 am

PLAYOFFS 2022 - ROUND 1 - GAME 4 - CROOKLYN - AWAY - Page 2 Gone-f11

Back to top Go down

PLAYOFFS 2022 - ROUND 1 - GAME 4 - CROOKLYN - AWAY - Page 2 Empty Re: PLAYOFFS 2022 - ROUND 1 - GAME 4 - CROOKLYN - AWAY

Post by Ktron Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:12 am

KD: “I got the beer. Who has the worms”?

Nash: I got em. KI, Ben, Cmon over and stand next to me.”

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:21 am

Chivalry is Dead.  No Gentleman's Sweep for Crooklyn.

The stat about how this is the 3rd closest 4-game series in history says it all about how far this team has come.  We don't have to remember too far back to remember us imploding in the 4th quarter, failing to execute in the clutch because we were almost 100% iso.  I think this stat has some punching power because it's a series-long stat and not just a half or a game.

I also thought the tweet about Kyrie wanting to help "manage the franchise with Kev" with the Nets front office is hysterical. Does he really not realize just how bad a series he just had? Does he really not realize how his selfish stupidity is the reason why they have poor chemistry. Does he really not realize that his iso-ball, which we saw by the bucket loads when he was here, is part of the problem and that "working with the front office" doesn't address the fact that you and 'Kev' don't think you need coaches? I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded this off-season. Preferably to Europe. He'd be the ISO god there, and that's what he wants to be.

What an awful 6th foul call on Tatum by veteran ref Scott Brooks.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that there were 2:48 left on the clock, we were only up 6 points and we still won by 4.  Almost 3 minutes left, home court, one of the Js gone, only 2 possessions away from getting to OT with us depleted and they couldn't get the job done.  The Net fans, on the Comments From The Other Side thread, will complain about the refs, they always do, but they have nothing to complain about.  There were 28 fouls called on the Celtics vs 23 against them.  It's not the refs' fault our defense forced their shooters to give the ball up to Clangston who missed 10 straight fritos before hitting one.  A new record Nic Claxton will not enjoy.  He surpassed Shaq for all-time longest streak of consecutive missed fritos, which was 9.  Hack-a-Clax.

Sean Grande
@SeanGrandePBP
Jayson Tatum will likely finish 5th on this all-time list.

(With 3 of the 4 in front of him going straight to the NBA from high school.)

PLAYOFFS 2022 - ROUND 1 - GAME 4 - CROOKLYN - AWAY - Page 2 FRP6GlhWYAI5gnk?format=png

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 2 hours ago
Final stats for Jayson Tatum as primary defender on Kevin Durant, per NBA tracking: 30:23 matchup time 139 possessions 12 PTS 3-18 FG 16.7 FG% 0-5 3PT 12 TO 2 BLK 2 shooting fouls

about 2 hours ago
Grant Williams final stat line defending Kevin Durant, per NBA tracking: 13:05 matchup time 70.2 possessions 18 PTS 6-20 FG 30.0 FG% 0-4 3PT 5 TO 3 BLK 2 shooting fouls pic.twitter.com/StESeH6PGt

Grant won't even let KD get off a clean post-whistle shot.  Completely mentally locked into his job.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1518761069392637953

3 blocks for Grant along with his 14 points on 5-8, 4-6 from 3.  He shot 8-16, 50%, from 3 this series.  I think it's safe to say that slump he was in the last few weeks of the regular season is over.  His defense on just about everybody on the Nets, however, was stellar.  He guarded everybody and he guarded them well.  He's earned himself a bit of a rep from this series, a good one.

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
yesterday
I don’t think the Nets won the trade that turned Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce into Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown and sent them into the future to sweep Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
yesterday
Jayson Tatum on Ime Udoka: "He’s done an unbelievable job in his first years, all the expectations and obviously all the ups and downs at the beginning of the season and how we turned it all around…It’s kind of a shame he's not one of the finalists for coach of the year."

yesterday
Jaylen Brown said he appreciated Udoka having the players be a part of the decision to not back down from the Nets matchup at the end of the regular season, that to do something special they have to just go through the road ahead of them. "Aint no shortcuts."

20 points on 7-16 and 11 assists with only 1 turnover for the DPOY.  Smart just flat-out balled.

Jay King @ByJayKing
yesterday
Marcus Smart said he wants the Celtics to play with the mentality that they aren’t the best team. He thinks that’s when bad habits kick in.

He's right.  Arrogance breeds complacency.  Ganas.  Want it.  Bad.  Compete.
And think that everybody is better than you and are trying to stop you, because they are.

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe
yesterday
Udoka said dealing with Smart reminds him of how Pop dealt with Ginobili, you take some of the gambling high-risk plays because he'll make more winning plays in the end. #Celtics #Nets

Comparing Smart to Manu is pretty strange, but as clutch as Manu was on offense that's Smart on defense.

yesterday
Ime Udoka asked if he imagined this turnaround back in December: "I felt we had a huge ceiling as far as improvement...Offense is what nobody talks about, but it’s where we had our biggest growth…Offense was about breaking habits, which was something you wouldn’t see overnight.

Offense is about breaking habits, defense is about effort and Ime has his players doing both.

yesterday
Ime Udoka on embracing Nets matchup at end of regular season: "We said it quite openly that we’re not running from everybody and we’ll let the chips fall where they may…The overall mesage that I gave the team and they relayed back to me is that we’re not scared of everybody."

See you at da Gahden, Milwaukee.  Be afraid, or not, because we aren't. We aren't afraid and we're not the same team you faced earlier this season, even in the last week of the regular season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401430212

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:06 am

gyso wrote:PLAYOFFS 2022 - ROUND 1 - GAME 4 - CROOKLYN - AWAY - Page 2 Screen85

gyso,

I love this chart because I've always pushed my opinion that the draft is the way to build a team.

And yes, this was built by Danny Ainge and his scouting department.

I wish Sam could be here to see this, since the value of the draft was my favorite debate to have with him. I remember once he even countered my list of successful Celtic draft picks with his own flop list he labeled in French; "Merde."

I've never felt the draft was a so called crap-shoot, as much as a combination of having relatively high picks, let's say top dozen to 15 range, with well-organized scouting. The hardest part is those higher picks are usually purchased with extended pain, as Boston has had since 2009, but sometimes trades can help a team to move up too. Of course there are going to be flops, but smart scouting can bring some later round quality as well, especially for the bench. I think that balances the picture somewhat.

In referencing the chart, and to be fair, I think it's worth pointing out that Brooklyn was not a weak opponent. I mentioned in another thread that all four games were close enough to have gone either way. The Celtics defense and focus in late-game situations made the difference.

Regards

(Love the image of the fishing boat going over the falls with Nets, Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster. Our boat gets put in mid-May. I'm hopeful the trout and bass aren't going to avoid me so much this year, but I'll keep the fridge aboard her stocked with cold ones so it won't matter as much!)
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:51 am

bobheckler wrote:Chivalry is Dead.  No Gentleman's Sweep for Crooklyn.

The stat about how this is the 3rd closest 4-game series in history says it all about how far this team has come.  We don't have to remember too far back to remember us imploding in the 4th quarter, failing to execute in the clutch because we were almost 100% iso.  I think this stat has some punching power because it's a series-long stat and not just a half or a game.

I also thought the tweet about Kyrie wanting to help "manage the franchise with Kev" with the Nets front office is hysterical.  Does he really not realize just how bad a series he just had?  Does he really not realize how his selfish stupidity is the reason why they have poor chemistry.  Does he really not realize that his iso-ball, which we saw by the bucket loads when he was here, is part of the problem and that "working with the front office" doesn't address the fact that you and 'Kev' don't think you need coaches?  I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded this off-season.  Preferably to Europe.  He'd be the ISO god there, and that's what he wants to be.

What an awful 6th foul call on Tatum by veteran ref Scott Brooks.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that there were 2:48 left on the clock, we were only up 6 points and we still won by 4.  Almost 3 minutes left, home court, one of the Js gone, only 2 possessions away from getting to OT with us depleted and they couldn't get the job done.  The Net fans, on the Comments From The Other Side thread, will complain about the refs, they always do, but they have nothing to complain about.  There were 28 fouls called on the Celtics vs 23 against them.  It's not the refs' fault our defense forced their shooters to give the ball up to Clangston who missed 10 straight fritos before hitting one.  A new record Nic Claxton will not enjoy.  He surpassed Shaq for all-time longest streak of consecutive missed fritos, which was 9.  Hack-a-Clax.

Sean Grande
@SeanGrandePBP

PLAYOFFS 2022 - ROUND 1 - GAME 4 - CROOKLYN - AWAY - Page 2 FRP6GlhWYAI5gnk?format=png

about 2 hours ago
Final stats for Jayson Tatum as primary defender on Kevin Durant, per NBA tracking: 30:23 matchup time 139 possessions 12 PTS 3-18 FG 16.7 FG% 0-5 3PT 12 TO 2 BLK 2 shooting fouls

about 2 hours ago
Grant Williams final stat line defending Kevin Durant, per NBA tracking: 13:05 matchup time 70.2 possessions 18 PTS 6-20 FG 30.0 FG% 0-4 3PT 5 TO 3 BLK 2 shooting fouls pic.twitter.com/StESeH6PGt

Grant won't even let KD get off a clean post-whistle shot.  Completely mentally locked into his job.

3 blocks for Grant along with his 14 points on 5-8, 4-6 from 3.  He shot 8-16, 50%, from 3 this series.  I think it's safe to say that slump he was in the last few weeks of the regular season is over.  His defense on just about everybody on the Nets, however, was stellar.  He guarded everybody and he guarded them well.  He's earned himself a bit of a rep from this series, a good one.

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
yesterday
I don’t think the Nets won the trade that turned Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce into Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown and sent them into the future to sweep Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving.

yesterday
Jayson Tatum on Ime Udoka: "He’s done an unbelievable job in his first years, all the expectations and obviously all the ups and downs at the beginning of the season and how we turned it all around…It’s kind of a shame he's not one of the finalists for coach of the year."

yesterday
Jaylen Brown said he appreciated Udoka having the players be a part of the decision to not back down from the Nets matchup at the end of the regular season, that to do something special they have to just go through the road ahead of them. "Aint no shortcuts."

20 points on 7-16 and 11 assists with only 1 turnover for the DPOY.  Smart just flat-out balled.

Jay King @ByJayKing
yesterday
Marcus Smart said he wants the Celtics to play with the mentality that they aren’t the best team. He thinks that’s when bad habits kick in.

And think that everybody is better than you and are trying to stop you, because they are.

yesterday
Udoka said dealing with Smart reminds him of how Pop dealt with Ginobili, you take some of the gambling high-risk plays because he'll make more winning plays in the end. #Celtics #Nets

Comparing Smart to Manu is pretty strange, but as clutch as Manu was on offense that's Smart on defense.

yesterday
Ime Udoka asked if he imagined this turnaround back in December: "I felt we had a huge ceiling as far as improvement...Offense is what nobody talks about, but it’s where we had our biggest growth…Offense was about breaking habits, which was something you wouldn’t see overnight.

Offense is about breaking habits, defense is about effort and Ime has his players doing both.

yesterday
Ime Udoka on embracing Nets matchup at end of regular season: "We said it quite openly that we’re not running from everybody and we’ll let the chips fall where they may…The overall mesage that I gave the team and they relayed back to me is that we’re not scared of everybody."

See you at da Gahden, Milwaukee.  Be afraid, or not, because we aren't.  We aren't afraid and we're not the same team you faced earlier this season, even in the last week of the regular season.  

Bob

bob, can you please show me where Kevin Durant ever said that he didn't want or need a coach. I have read and heard Kyrie said it but not Durant. I dont believe that Durant doesn’t want a coach and is uncoachable as you have been eluding to. Maybe I am missing something here so since you’ve lumped them together as one on this subject will you please show me where and when Kevin said it so I can stfu about it. Love ya mean it.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:26 pm

The first leg of this epic journey has been completed.  The odds makers had the Nets favored at home in both games.  I guess you could say that there is a big difference between being the favorite and actually winning.

Each and every games was decided by a possession or two.  Only great teams win the most important possessions.

At the end of the game we saw a burst of humility from both the winners and the losers.  The Celtics took the series in stride.  As they plan the next phase of their campaign, they will not overestimate themselves.  Marcus Smart will make sure that does not happen.

The losers however are still entangled in a severe case of Stockholm Syndrome as their spiritual leader and part time charlatan has now declared his intentions to stay in Brooklyn and expand his leadership role to include a trifecta of activity.  He'll be a player, the coach and the GM.

The level of stupidity, associated with the Brooklyn Nets organization, defies any reasonable person's ability to comprehend it.

Now it is time to turn the page on that chapter.  They have been destroyed by the Celtics.

However, our team will not bask in the glory of winning  until they take back the golden ring.  Their mission is to win the whole thing.  In the process we will lay waste to any and all obstructions.

Last edited by dboss on Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:59 pm

Ktron wrote:

I also thought the tweet about Kyrie wanting to help "manage the franchise with Kev" with the Nets front office is hysterical.  Does he really not realize just how bad a series he just had?  Does he really not realize how his selfish stupidity is the reason why they have poor chemistry.  Does he really not realize that his iso-ball, which we saw by the bucket loads when he was here, is part of the problem and that "working with the front office" doesn't address the fact that you and 'Kev' don't think you need coaches?  I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded this off-season.  Preferably to Europe.  He'd be the ISO god there, and that's what he wants to be.

Sean Grande
@SeanGrandePBP

about 2 hours ago

about 2 hours ago

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
yesterday

yesterday

yesterday

Jay King @ByJayKing
yesterday

yesterday

yesterday

yesterday

See you at da Gahden, Milwaukee.  Be afraid, or not, because we aren't.  We aren't afraid and we're not the same team you faced earlier this season, even in the last week of the regular season.  

Bob

bob, can you please show me where Kevin Durant ever said that he didn't want or need a coach. I have read and heard Kyrie said it but not Durant. I dont believe that Durant doesn’t want a coach and is uncoachable as you have been eluding to. Maybe I am missing something here so since you’ve lumped them together as one on this subject will you please show me  where and when Kevin said it so I can stfu about it. Love ya mean it.

Ktron,

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kyrie-irving-doesnt-see-nets-as-having-a-head-coach-despite-recent-hire-of-steve-nash/#:~:text=However%2C%20during%20%22The%20ETCs%20Podcast,%22K.D.

At the minimum KD didn't push back when Kyrie said that, and that undermines the authority of the coaches too. When one superstar says we're a team of coaches and the other superstar doesn't say otherwise it's taken as implicit support.

Qui tacet consentit

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:01 pm

You're getting poetic now dboss...I like!!

I really want to see Ime's plan for shutting down you-know-who. After the obliteration of the super heroes in BKN, MIL will present a very interesting twist for Ime. I've got front row seats!!

It's fun watching the press scramble now that the Lakers and Nets officially have no chance of making the 2022 Finals and can be buried 6 feet under.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:04 pm

Ime had a strong aversion to avoiding the Nets, he wanted us to take on ALL comers, he said that to do something special you have to do the difficult.

What I love is that he asked the players what they thought, did they want to throw some games in the last week to avoid the #2 seed and having to play the Nets, whom Milwaukee and Philly were trying to avoid? And they all voted 'no'. They didn't want to dodge anybody, they wanted to prove they could beat anybody. That says tons about their belief in Ime and in their belief in themselves and each other.

We haven't seen a "team" like this since Ubuntu.

I don't know how far this is going, none of us do, but I am absolutely in awe of what they have already accomplished from mid-January on.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:32 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Ktron wrote:

Sean Grande
@SeanGrandePBP

about 2 hours ago

about 2 hours ago

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
yesterday

yesterday

yesterday

Jay King @ByJayKing
yesterday

yesterday

yesterday

yesterday

Bob

bob, can you please show me where Kevin Durant ever said that he didn't want or need a coach. I have read and heard Kyrie said it but not Durant. I dont believe that Durant doesn’t want a coach and is uncoachable as you have been eluding to. Maybe I am missing something here so since you’ve lumped them together as one on this subject will you please show me  where and when Kevin said it so I can stfu about it. Love ya mean it.

Ktron,

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kyrie-irving-doesnt-see-nets-as-having-a-head-coach-despite-recent-hire-of-steve-nash/#:~:text=However%2C%20during%20%22The%20ETCs%20Podcast,%22K.D.

At the minimum KD didn't push back when Kyrie said that, and that undermines the authority of the coaches too.  When one superstar says we're a team of coaches and the other superstar doesn't say otherwise it's taken as implicit support.

Qui tacet consentit

Bob

Bob, I’ll give you that normally that would be the case but seeing that Nash was handpicked by Kevin in the first place and stated last night that he would like to see him back I don't think it applies here at all. Kevin needs to unhitch his wagon to Kyrie with a quickness. He had a bad series and is getting plenty of heat for it other than that I don't believe he’s anything like Kiarrhea when it comes to being coached or not being a team player. Kiarrhea is the cancer here. Last night on the podium Kiarrhea said “he and Kevin along with Sean and Joe (Front office folks) will sit down and see what we need to get us on the right track”. Its silly stuff like that bringing Kevin into it when Kevin never stated it but now it appears they are pairing up. Thats Kiarrhea’s BS and as I said Durant needs to ghost his ass as soon as he can.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:33 pm

ktron

With regard to 'we do not need a coach' you are correct that Durant never said that.

His culpability seems one of 'implied consent'

Durant should have set the record straight that all players need to be coached.   Kyrie may be the ring leader but Durant willingly joined the gang of fools.  He  exhibited a lack of leadership and participated in undermining the coach from Day one.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:52 pm

dboss wrote:ktron

With regard to 'we do not need a coach' you are correct that Durant never said that.

Durant should have set the record straight that all players need to be coached.   Kyrie may be the ring leader but Durant willingly joined the gang of fools.  He  exhibited a lack of leadership and participated in undermining the coach from Day one.

Dboss, its obvious and has been for quite some time that Durant is not an alpha or a leader and in this case he’s allowing his friendship to hinder his objectivity.
To say he undermined the coach from day one is an assumption that quite frankly we cannot make. You see that from afar but in my opinion its slanderous and unfair. It wasn’t like he was sitting right next to Kyrie or even in the same room with him when it was said. With all do respect thats what weak and low level media types do. Create a story and put it out as fact. Kyrie implied some negativity concerning Brad to the media too. He wasn’t the only star on the team so what other player or players on the Celtics would you assign to his comments? I guess if nobody spoke up then you’d attach the whole team to his silliness? Makes no sense.
As I said, Durant had a bad series and makes bad choices but to say he undermined Nash is, excuse me, Bulls**t!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:13 pm

Ktron wrote:

Dboss, its obvious and has been for quite some time that Durant is not an alpha or a leader and in this case he’s allowing his friendship to hinder his objectivity.
To say he undermined the coach from day one is an assumption that quite frankly we cannot make. You see that from afar but in my opinion its slanderous and unfair. It wasn’t like he was sitting right next to Kyrie or even in the same room with him when it was said. With all do respect thats what weak and low level media types do. Create a story and put it out as fact. Kyrie implied some negativity concerning Brad to the media too. He wasn’t the only star on the team so what other player or players on the Celtics would you assign to his comments? I guess if nobody spoke up then you’d attach the whole team to his silliness? Makes no sense.
As I said, Durant had a bad series and makes bad choices but to say he undermined Nash is, excuse me, Bulls**t!

ktron

Well he sure did not help.  When Durant wants to say something he seems assertive  enough to me.  Alphas are not the only ones who speak up for what's right or wrong
His silence spoke volumes.  Kyrie was the one who undermined Nash but Durant had an opportunity and an obligation to step up and set the record straight, publically.  Durant's stature is bigger than that of KI.  Throughout the entire time since he joined Kyrie in Brooklyn Durant has been the enabler and chief of the Kyrie fan club.

I know you do not see it the same way as I do.   `

In the big picture, it really does not matter all that much what issues the Nets have with their players, coaches and soon to be new Gm.  Nor does it matter what players are in lock step with all the tomfoolery.  

We beat them in 4 and are now focused on the Bucks.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:38 pm

Kendrick Perkins made a very interesting point. If he blows this series vs. TOR and is canned, the Lakers will pick him up!! That is, of course, if they don't hire Steve Nash on the rebound here in a couple of days!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:34 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

ktron

Well he sure did not help.  When Durant wants to say something he seems assertive  enough to me.  Alphas are not the only ones who speak up for what's right or wrong
His silence spoke volumes.  Kyrie was the one who undermined Nash but Durant had an opportunity and an obligation to step up and set the record straight, publically.  Durant's stature is bigger than that of KI.  Throughout the entire time since he joined Kyrie in Brooklyn Durant has been the enabler and chief of the Kyrie fan club.

I know you do not see it the same way as I do.   `

In the big picture, it really does not matter all that much what issues the Nets have with their players, coaches and soon to be new Gm.  Nor does it matter what players are in lock step with all the tomfoolery.  

We beat them in 4 and are now focused on the Bucks.

KD had opportunity to make it public but not an obligation. They may have got this resolved behind closed doors between them sans reporters and fans with wash women mentalities-or not.
Celts or non Celt I don’t care much for character assassins that have very little insight other than what suits their fantasy. Right, who cares it’s the Bucks up next. We can at that time judge what we see on the floor and nothing else. I only hope

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2