NYCelt
dbrown4
RosalieTCeltics
cowens/oldschool
prakash
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 5 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - HOME - Page 3 Empty Re: POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 5 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - HOME

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 13, 2022 6:34 pm

Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
112288 wrote:
Pumpsie Green wrote:What I saw last night is proof (to me at least) that while Jason Tatum is a very very good basketball player he is not elite. He cannot carry a team the way some of the truly elite players in the league can-the Greek Freak, Curry, Embid etc.

Pumpsie,   I cannot agree with you more.  Deep down I feel the same way.   There are so many fundamental things that Tatum just does not use in his shooting arsenal.   One of the obvious is using the glass and angles to sink shots verses trying to use just the rim to sink a shot!  Sam Joes was a master of the bank shot so is Marcus Smart.  I cannot not tell you the number of missed shots Tatum has missed by not just banking it in from 6-12 feet verses trying to put it into the cylinder and having it roll or bounce out!  If you know how to use the angles correctly the bank shot is quite easy, especially a little hook shot that cannot be guarded.  Bird was also a master of that shot as well as Mc Hale.

He also does not have soft hands when trying for a layup and using the glass.  He tends to miss many shots because his layup shot using the glass is too hard and it winds up bouncing it off the glass and not softly into the net.

That all might be true and Jaylen may even be the better player, but I put this loss on Udoka mostly, not Tatum, for not playing Theis enough, when your already size challenged with no RWill. Theis had some good finishes off feeds at the basket that GWill can’t do. Jaylen for only taking 2 shots in 4th, your so talented and can get a great mid range shot off anytime; you have a history of being strong in the 4th, this is on Udoka too for freezing out his best player. Then last but not least Smart, on the baseline play, how do you not see Jaylen wide open for a dunk if you get him the ball, instead his man blocks your shot, your a damn point guard….react like one. Then on last play how do you not see Tatum wide open for a step in 3 with no defender on him, how can you dribble right into their best defender like that…??? Are you blind or just stupid and careless?

Finally RWill might be the next Bill Walton, less skilled, but always injured and that’s a shame, but life is cruel and no one is irreplaceable. We can’t waste the prime of 2 J’s with an injury prone player, just like we can’t waste money on a sharpshooter like Nesmith who can’t hit shots….we are in a must win and this team is talented enough to have put up banner 18, now were gonna see what this team is really made of. If we lose tonight, there will have to be key changes made on this roster IMHO. Bucks played hard, but we gave this game away, as a franchise I’ve never seen us do that, inexcusable in my book. That’s my rant for the day🥵😡

Udoka again? Udoka didn't freeze out Jalen. If Jalen only took 2 shots it wasn’t the first time this has happened. Why would a coach freeze out one of his best players? Thats on (Mr. Big Star) Jalen and possibly Smart. Not the coach.
The last play where Smart got blocked going to the basket was because Jayson did not come to the top like the play was designed to do. Horford was supposed to go down and free Jason to come up top for the ball. It didn't happen. Smart saw that he had Matthew whats his name beat but did not see Jrue.
Udoka and the staff drew up the play. The players failed to execute it properly. Blame them.
Theis looked good on offense with his scoring the ball but he’s a huge liability on defense. He is limited. Just watch what the bigger players on the Bucks do when they see that Theis has switched onto them. They eat his ass up every time. Grant was not much better and thats all we had as Rob sat.
This team still has a chance to go to the ECF. This is the same team that most all said was going to have a bridge season and look where we are. We’re here because we have a great coach and some great players. That may or may not be be good enough to get there. We’ll see but please, its so easy to blame the head coach. Kind of dated too.

Yes Udoka again, he kept him on the bench too long and he has a weapon and ability to use him and call plays for him. I agree it’s on Jaylen too, but a coach should be able to see important things such as shot distribution during the flow of the game and do SOMETHING about it. He got away from using/going to one of his best pieces IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 5 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - HOME - Page 3 Empty Re: POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 5 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - HOME

Post by Ktron Fri May 13, 2022 7:18 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
112288 wrote:
Pumpsie Green wrote:What I saw last night is proof (to me at least) that while Jason Tatum is a very very good basketball player he is not elite. He cannot carry a team the way some of the truly elite players in the league can-the Greek Freak, Curry, Embid etc.

Pumpsie,   I cannot agree with you more.  Deep down I feel the same way.   There are so many fundamental things that Tatum just does not use in his shooting arsenal.   One of the obvious is using the glass and angles to sink shots verses trying to use just the rim to sink a shot!  Sam Joes was a master of the bank shot so is Marcus Smart.  I cannot not tell you the number of missed shots Tatum has missed by not just banking it in from 6-12 feet verses trying to put it into the cylinder and having it roll or bounce out!  If you know how to use the angles correctly the bank shot is quite easy, especially a little hook shot that cannot be guarded.  Bird was also a master of that shot as well as Mc Hale.

He also does not have soft hands when trying for a layup and using the glass.  He tends to miss many shots because his layup shot using the glass is too hard and it winds up bouncing it off the glass and not softly into the net.

That all might be true and Jaylen may even be the better player, but I put this loss on Udoka mostly, not Tatum, for not playing Theis enough, when your already size challenged with no RWill. Theis had some good finishes off feeds at the basket that GWill can’t do. Jaylen for only taking 2 shots in 4th, your so talented and can get a great mid range shot off anytime; you have a history of being strong in the 4th, this is on Udoka too for freezing out his best player. Then last but not least Smart, on the baseline play, how do you not see Jaylen wide open for a dunk if you get him the ball, instead his man blocks your shot, your a damn point guard….react like one. Then on last play how do you not see Tatum wide open for a step in 3 with no defender on him, how can you dribble right into their best defender like that…??? Are you blind or just stupid and careless?

Finally RWill might be the next Bill Walton, less skilled, but always injured and that’s a shame, but life is cruel and no one is irreplaceable. We can’t waste the prime of 2 J’s with an injury prone player, just like we can’t waste money on a sharpshooter like Nesmith who can’t hit shots….we are in a must win and this team is talented enough to have put up banner 18, now were gonna see what this team is really made of. If we lose tonight, there will have to be key changes made on this roster IMHO. Bucks played hard, but we gave this game away, as a franchise I’ve never seen us do that, inexcusable in my book. That’s my rant for the day🥵😡

Udoka again? Udoka didn't freeze out Jalen. If Jalen only took 2 shots it wasn’t the first time this has happened. Why would a coach freeze out one of his best players? Thats on (Mr. Big Star) Jalen and possibly Smart. Not the coach.
The last play where Smart got blocked going to the basket was because Jayson did not come to the top like the play was designed to do. Horford was supposed to go down and free Jason to come up top for the ball. It didn't happen. Smart saw that he had Matthew whats his name beat but did not see Jrue.
Udoka and the staff drew up the play. The players failed to execute it properly. Blame them.
Theis looked good on offense with his scoring the ball but he’s a huge liability on defense. He is limited. Just watch what the bigger players on the Bucks do when they see that Theis has switched onto them. They eat his ass up every time. Grant was not much better and thats all we had as Rob sat.
This team still has a chance to go to the ECF. This is the same team that most all said was going to have a bridge season and look where we are. We’re here because we have a great coach and some great players. That may or may not be be good enough to get there. We’ll see but please, its so easy to blame the head coach. Kind of dated too.

Yes Udoka again, he kept him on the bench too long and he has a weapon and ability to use him and call plays for him. I agree it’s on Jaylen too, but a coach should be able to see important things such as shot distribution during the flow of the game and do SOMETHING about it. He got away from using/going to one of his best pieces IMHO.
So, he did freeze him out. Ooookay. I don’t think its that simple. In fact I know its not. Its your opinion and you certainly have a right to it.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri May 13, 2022 7:42 pm

Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
Ktron wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
112288 wrote:

So, he did freeze him out. Ooookay. I don’t think its that simple. In fact I know its not. Its your opinion and you certainly have a right to it.

Thanks when your best player scores 1 point in the 4th quarter off 2 fga’s I’d say the coach has to come up with a better strategy or light a fire under that player, either way it contributed to the outcome. Steven A saying 2 J’s have to have big game tonight right now, not to rely on Smart or Al, we will shortly see what they are made of…..

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat May 14, 2022 10:38 am

I don’t understand why so many here feel Stephen A’s takes are biblical.
The majority if not the entire board here know just as much if not more about our team AND the game of basketball. The only discerning factor is-He gets paid for it.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat May 14, 2022 11:02 am

Ktron wrote:I don’t understand why so many here feel Stephen A’s takes are biblical.
The majority if not the entire board here know just as much if not more about our team AND the game of basketball. The only discerning factor is-He gets paid for it.

Ktron,

Who here feel Stephen A’s takes are biblical?  From what I see, most here think he's a bloviating a$$.  

In the rare occasion that someone actually agrees with SA's takes, it is most likely because they feel strongly about that one point.

People's reactions to the various media talking heads often come down to personal taste.  For instance, I read today where someone opined that JVG was better than SVG.  I actually disagree as I have recently liked (for the most part) what SVG has said, he's kind of grown on me.  For instance, while reviewing a "great drive" by Giannis, SVG calls out the obvious uncalled foul or travel.  Last night, JVG seemed more like a Bucks fan than an unbiased observer.  When a "great drive" includes two steps, a hop, then two more steps, I begin to question his ophthalmologist.  When it happens multiple times in the same game, I question his sanity.

What do you think of Eddie House as a commentator?  I haven't seen much, but what I see is good so far.  I think they may be looking for someone to fill in for Mike Gorman as he fades into retirement.

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 5 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - HOME - Page 3 Scree110

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat May 14, 2022 5:38 pm

gyso wrote:
Ktron wrote:I don’t understand why so many here feel Stephen A’s takes are biblical.

Ktron,

Who here feel Stephen A’s takes are biblical?  From what I see, most here think he's a bloviating a$$.  

In the rare occasion that someone actually agrees with SA's takes, it is most likely because they feel strongly about that one point.

People's reactions to the various media talking heads often come down to personal taste.  For instance, I read today where someone opined that JVG was better than SVG.  I actually disagree as I have recently liked (for the most part) what SVG has said, he's kind of grown on me.  For instance, while reviewing a "great drive" by Giannis, SVG calls out the obvious uncalled foul or travel.  Last night, JVG seemed more like a Bucks fan than an unbiased observer.  When a "great drive" includes two steps, a hop, then two more steps, I begin to question his ophthalmologist.  When it happens multiple times in the same game, I question his sanity.

What do you think of Eddie House as a commentator?  I haven't seen much, but what I see is good so far.  I think they may be looking for someone to fill in for Mike Gorman as he fades into retirement.

POST GAME - PLAYOFF ROUND 2 - GAME 5 - MILWAUKEE BUCKS - HOME - Page 3 Scree110
Gyso, biblical is probably a little overboard but I’ve noticed that he’s quoted by some that happen to agree with him. My questioning is more in line with, if Stephen A says something that you agree with then you already know and you don't need him to substantiate it. Then there are some that may not be sure of what they’re seeing and once Stephen A says it they tend to agree with him only because Stephen A said it as authority when it really isn’t. I get it though. I was once involved with a perceptual study and similar questions were asked of the participants regarding news stories and many documented that they agreed with the commentator but had checked the boxes before they heard the commentator’s opinion. So, they actually had formed their opinion. The question was then asked “If you know the answer. Why do you need the commentator to substantiate it? Most answered that they felt that person was an authority on the subject. In most cases the commentators are not but participants perception tells them that they are. Thats a roundabout way of stating why I asked the question. I honestly believe, and I’m not guessing that the people on this board know just as much if not more than the talking heads that are paid big money.

You are absolutely correct. Lots of times it comes down to personal taste and style. Ex: I don’t particularly like Tony Romo or Al Michaels style but I trust them and do think they’re great at what they do.

Scal knows the game of basketball and his style doesn't bother me. But he leaves a lot to be desired as a pure analyst and I don’t trust what he says. Thats my main gripe with him. I don't question is knowledge. I do question his judgement and opinion.

I really like Eddie House. He’s knowledgeable, has a great personality and in the short time he’s been on he’s gained my trust.
I think he’d be a much better analyst as opposed to play by play as a Gorman. I can see Sean Grande taking Mike’s place eventually. I would hope they would continue to use Max and find a spot for Eddie House.

I also agree with you on the SVG/JVG. Stan comes off as your average guy unafraid to express his opinion and has a lot of knowledge without the sauce. His brother is not as genuine and brings with him a lot of unnecessary sauce.

One other thing, Perk has great knowledge of the game and has a great personality but his act has begun to wear on me. He constantly tweets and gives hot takes to get a reaction. I think its a bit disingenuous and has a short shelf life. He’s quickly turning into an ESPN caricature.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat May 14, 2022 6:20 pm

Perk is a front runner, he’s as annoying as hell, all he does is switch his choices all the time. Loved him as a player/enforcer, but he has switched his opinions too much, I’d wish he’d just SHUT UP already….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat May 14, 2022 8:32 pm

My very favorite sports analysts are right here on this board, and I mean that with all sincerity.
You are collectvely the best. Thank you. Milligrazie.

Meanwhile I love that the ECF trophy will be in Bob Cousy's name. Sure hope he gets to present it to Ime, Wyc, and the team this Spring.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat May 14, 2022 9:16 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Perk is a front runner, he’s as annoying as hell, all he does is switch his choices all the time. Loved him as a player/enforcer, but he has switched his opinions too much, I’d wish he’d just SHUT UP already….

Yeah. Its obvious that a lot of his takes are strictly attention grabbers. Kinda hard to take him serious. That kind of stuff can go on for only so long. I only hope he realizes this.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3