gyso
dbrown4
Matty
bobheckler
Shamrock1000
dboss
10 posters

Go down

Were Celtics Fans Chants Wrong? Empty Were Celtics Fans Chants Wrong?

Post by dboss Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:52 am

Celtics fans can be brutal to opposing teams especially if a particular player has wronged the Celtics in some fashion.  Green is the last player on earth that has any reason to complain about what the fans have to say.  He did not complain but Klay and coach Kerr did.  

The more GSW complains about it the more intense it will become.  Remember what they did to Kyrie.  Kerr is probably trying to find an edge.  

Personally, I would not use foul language at a game in such a demonstrative way. There are situations were a fan steps over the line when their remarks are too incendiary.

At the same time I want our fans to be loud.

know this, players and coaches are out there cussing up a storm.  Fans are too
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Were Celtics Fans Chants Wrong? Empty Re: Were Celtics Fans Chants Wrong?

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:23 pm

Think of some of the things Boston fans have chanted in the past, such as:

"Ug-ly Sis-ter" when Lamar Odom went to the line (in reference to his then wife/gf Khloe Kardashian)

"No means no" when Kobe went to the line

"Wife Beater" when Kidd went to the line

Compared to those taunts, what Green endured is nothing. The "ugly sister" thing might have been out of line. If Jason and Kobe were falsely accused, then clearly those taunts were out of line. If they weren't falsely accused then of course I have no sympathy. Getting all riled up about the F-word seems a little hysterical to me.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:09 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:Think of some of the things Boston fans have chanted in the past, such as:

"Ug-ly Sis-ter" when Lamar Odom went to the line (in reference to his then wife/gf Khloe Kardashian)

"No means no" when Kobe went to the line

"Wife Beater" when Kidd went to the line

Compared to those taunts, what Green endured is nothing. The "ugly sister" thing might have been out of line. If Jason and Kobe were falsely accused, then clearly those taunts were out of line. If they weren't falsely accused then of course I have no sympathy. Getting all riled up about the F-word seems a little hysterical to me.

Of course it is way overblown and serves as a diversion for Coach Kerr and Klay.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:39 pm

So they called Draymond a bitch?   And said "f**k you, Draymond"?  Is that it?  C'mon.

Anybody near courtside can hear NBA players dropping F bombs.  I was in a sports bar last night in the SF bay area and people were yelling F bombs at Celtic and Warrior players, and the refs, and there were lots of children present.  Discipline doesn't come from sheltering a child, it comes from introducing them to things out of the ordinary and then educating them on how do deal with it.

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
1 hour ago
Draymond Green [repeatedly calls opponents a p**** and b**** for years] Celtics fans: “F*** you.” Warriors [clutching pearls]: Well, I never …

If they made a racial slur I'd be the first to condemn it, if Draymond was an international player and they went after his country of birth I'd condemn it, but telling him to F himself and calling him a b*tch?  Suck it up and play on, you F**king b*tches.    

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:58 pm

So someone well known for unsportmen like conduct is complaining about words?

He is right, there were kids present.. but id rather every one of those kids drop the f bomb hourly than play his style of basketball. Neither may be a good example for a child, but hes the worst of the two.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:39 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/warriors-acting-prudes-because-feel-161528787.html

Warriors acting like prudes because they can feel NBA Finals slipping away

John Tomase
Thu, June 9, 2022, 9:15 AM

For all of their breathtaking greatness en route to three championships and six Finals trips, the Warriors have always carried themselves with an air of prissiness.

Head coach Steve Kerr just lurrrves to lecture opponents on etiquette, particularly if their transgressions involve so much as directing a negative thought towards superstar Steph Curry. Marcus Smart learned this lesson in March when he dove for a loose ball and landed on Curry's knee. Whereas some might respect the effort and accept the result as a function of competitiveness, Kerr didn't even wait to issue a reprimand, upbraiding Smart on the court. "I thought it was a dangerous play," he admonished like a tsk-tsking schoolmarm.

The Warriors were understandably upset to see their leader and star sidelined for the rest of the regular season with a foot injury, but no objective observer could reasonably call the play dirty. Smart wanted the ball more and he got it.

Fast-forward three months, and it's starting to feel like the Celtics want this title more, too. In Wednesday night's Game 3, the C's blew an 18-point lead and then blew out the Warriors anyway, winning 116-100 and taking a 2-1 series lead.

Rather than address the real issues -- Boston's overwhelming advantages in depth, athleticism, and desire -- the Warriors instead discussed decorum, excoriating the TD Garden crowd for serenading willing villain Draymond Green with a series of profane chants.

"Very classy," Kerr sniffed.

"Dropping F-bombs with children in the crowd," Klay Thompson scolded. "Real classy. Good job, Boston."

The Warriors exude "how dare you!" prudishness on and off the court, where they take Boston's aggressiveness as an affront. They seem to believe they should be able to play an unfettered game that's defined by their dazzling levels of skill, the Splash Brothers running free and launching 3's from fields of daisies.

The Celtics have no interest in obliging. They're not only trampling those daisies, but laying carnage to the innocent butterflies and ladybugs flitting about, too. The Warriors didn't come anywhere close to matching that intensity. The C's outrebounded them, 47-31, outscored them by a 2-to-1 margin in the paint, and limited Golden State's vaunted offense to just 11 points in a fourth-quarter beatdown.

Robert Williams soared to four blocks. Al Horford bullied smaller defenders in the post. Jaylen Brown took to the skies for a team-high 27 points. Smart and Jayson Tatum filled the stat sheet.

Rather than address the real issues -- Boston's overwhelming advantages in depth, athleticism, and desire -- the Warriors instead discussed decorum, excoriating the TD Garden crowd for serenading willing villain Draymond Green with a series of profane chants.

The Warriors look like a team that knows it can't keep up with the younger, more dynamic Celtics. The C's survived a bruising Eastern Conference gauntlet to get here, while the Warriors traipsed through the tamer West, with Memphis providing their only real physical test.

Outside of Green, an agent of chaos whose attempts to muck up the game were met with the indifference of a 1,000-yard Jaylen Brown stare after one of his three dunks, the Warriors might as well be playing croquet at a rugby match.

Their offense basically boils down to Curry, and he's transcendent, but the Celtics leaned on him all night and wore him down, the mouthguard hanging from his lips like Mike Tyson crawling around the ring in Tokyo after absorbing one too many shots from Buster Douglas. Curry's night ended with another yelp of pain, this time after Horford dove on his legs to secure a loose ball. That Celtics outnumbered Warriors in that pile by a count of 3-2 spoke to the relative effort levels of each club.

The Warriors feature a pretty brand of basketball that's built around pretty players, with one glaring exception. Green is their enforcer and instigator and agitator, and he plays the part brilliantly. He single-handedly put the Celtics on their heels in Game 2 with a series of taunts, trips, and tackles, but he had nothing in Game 3, scoring just two points before fouling out.

Celtics fans let him have it, giving him the Kyrie treatment with chants of, "(Bleep) you, Draymond!" which, to be frank, is a terrible look for a great fanbase, but it is what it is at this point. Green simply noted that he played "like (expletive)," and acknowledged that he was soft.

The Warriors can't afford that, because he's their only buffer against the dreaded S-word, their watcher on the wall. The Raptors beat them up en route to a championship in 2019 when the Warriors lost Kevin Durant and Thompson to major injuries, and it sure feels like the Celtics are walking a similar path.

If the Warriors have a problem with that, they could try to do something about it. Or they can just keep holding court like a bunch of stuffy Victorians, and see where that gets them.

Bob
MY NOTE:  If Draymond Green himself admitted he "played like shite" would it be ok then to yell "You look like shite, Draymond!"?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:02 am

Bob,

To your comment about Draymond's comment, his kid was right there when he said it.  Idiot.

All this drama is for naught if we don't come out and pull the carpet out from under Draymond right from the start and match up with them in the third quarter in G4.  

It's time.  We've seen everything else from this team throughout the playoffs making steady progress each round and accomplishing amazing feats specific to each round.  It's time.  It's time to put a couple of nails in the coffin tonight.  Nobody's taking a night off or building shopping malls.  Just come out and let Draymond know he's not taking over this game, nor Steph, nor Klay.  Come out in the 3rd and match GS bucket for bucket. Play for play.

It's time.  

It's time for a complete game.  We've been hovering around one for the entire playoffs.  It's time to change the final (no pun intended) narrative.  Time for the sports media to realize yet again they are on the wrong horse for the last time this season.  Anybody see Stephen A.'s rant on First Take?  I lost a little respect for him there.  Although I'm going to guess he probably has $100,000 riding on GS.  That's the only reason you would act that way.

It's time.  This series in not going 7, maybe not even 6.  It's time to tie this series up in a nice bow and give it to the Boston fans.  They've earned it and they deserve it.  It's time.  

Tonight's game will finally show we've just about figured everything out.  We're not going to fall for Draymond's antics, yet Draymond will probably get himself tossed tonight and/or foul himself out.  He'll be the one that comes unraveled.  We know how to handle him and get under his skin.  We didn't in G2, but we will in G4.  Ime will have them ready, listening and on watch.  

Ime has been the mastermind.  Players still have to execute but let's give credit where credit's due.  Tonight will show Boston has control of the Warriors and the series.  And we have Ime (and Brad) to thank for all of this.  

Be prepared for Draymond to pull a Kevin McHale Clothesline of some kind to change the direction of the series, but alas, it will backfire.  Identical time in that Finals series.  Similar circumstances.  G4.  Totally different time/era in the NBA.  Time for Draymond to learn the hard way you just can't turn it on and turn it off in the playoffs whenever you feel like it.  He's going to run into the brick wall that has been insidiously built for him and the Warriors provided by Boston and Ime.  

It's time for the 3rd quarter where we match them.  We got it down to -8 by the third game.  It's time to tie it up.  Then it's time.  Time to unleash a 4th quarter rivaling G1 but this time at home.  Memphis crushed GS by 45 for one game.  I'm pretty sure we're far better than MEM.  That barrage will unleash GS's ghosts and put them in a complete, ultimate tail spin.  

It's time.  We're not beating ourselves ever again.  Ime's closed that door forever and we will see that revealed tonight.  

It's time.      

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:19 am

Matty wrote:    So someone well known for unsportmen like conduct is complaining about words?

He is right, there were kids present.. but id rather every one of those kids  drop the f bomb hourly than play his style of basketball.  Neither may be a good example for a child, but hes the worst of the two.

Matty,

The two who were complaining about words were the coach and Klay.  From BobH's post:

"Dropping F-bombs with children in the crowd," Klay Thompson scolded. "Real classy. Good job, Boston."

I don't know, there are kids present at every game and from what I've read, the players themselves swear like drunken pirates during the game.  I believe they are focusing on everything but what they need to do to get back to winning.  They are more into whining and being victims of one thing or another.

They don't seem to understand that the more they whine about things like this, the more the Garden fans will carry on even more.

Can't' wait.  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:41 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2022/06/nba-commissioner-adam-silver-i-love-the-energy-boston-fans-bring-to-the-game.html

NBA commissioner Adam Silver on Celtics fans chanting: ‘I love the energy Boston fans bring’

Updated: Jun. 09, 2022, 5:53 p.m. | Published: Jun. 09, 2022, 5:52 p.m.

By Souichi Terada | sterada@masslive.com

Celtics fans have heard plenty of criticism from the Warriors and elsewhere after Game 3 of the NBA Finals, where a few profanity-laced chants put TD Garden in the spotlight. At least five times during Wednesday’s game, C’s fans directed a chant at the Warriors’ Draymond Green to try to get him off his game.

Golden State coach Steve Kerr and teammate Klay Thompson weren’t very fond of the chants, adding sarcastically that it was a “classy” showing from Celtics fans. Green’s wife, Hazel Renee, took to Instagram to voice her displeasure.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver was asked about his thoughts by WCVB in Boston. He had a little different insight compared to the Warriors.

“I want fans to enjoy themselves,” Silver told the TV station. “Of course, as the league office, you want to see it done with respect for all the participants. But I get it. I love the energy Boston fans bring to the game.”

The Garden had a soldout crowd of 19,156 fans for Wednesday’s Game 3, which the Celtics won to go up 2-1 in the Finals. It’ll likely be another electric atmosphere for Game 4, which is set for 9 p.m. Friday at the Garden. It’s unclear what Celtics fans have brewing for an encore performance, but they at least impacted Game 3.

Bob
MY NOTE: And there you have it, the Commish has spoken. Nobody mentioned your race, ethnicity or your family. Now STFU and play, whiners.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:41 am

+10, bobh. Couldn't have said it better meself.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:29 pm

I don’t have a problem with the fans yelling FU etc. Crossing the line is Race and family. Ive been to Red Sox games where I would hear that kind of BS but it was not in unison. The first Black umpire in the Major leagues was being called a Hot Spook”. Earl Wilson and George Scott got their share of racial insults and again that is crossing the line
Draymond cursed while his kid sat beside him at the presser (When are they going to stop with the cute kiddy routine? 
Another subject for another time.) I would bet my mortgage that he does it at home as well as some of the other Dubs.
GW complaining about it being classless is BS. Especially when they have the biggest nastiest War Criminal consistently cursing with the worst verbosity in the league.
I honestly thought the fans went light on #23 for most of part.
I think there should be televised Assault Hearings regarding him and his dirty Rugby act once the series is over and done. (I’m only serious) :>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:53 pm

The score is fans 1, GSW zero

That team is showing some mental weakness.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:29 pm

Are we talking about the same Golden State Warriors who in the 2019 finals, had a minority owner, Mark Stevens, curse out and actually shove Raptors PG Kyle Lowry. In the words of Coach Kerr and Klay Thompson “way to keep it classy” guys. Forget about Steph’s sore foot, how about we get Irv Grousbeck or Steve Pagliuca to go on a profanity laced tirade and then punch his lights out. Hey Warriors, mirrors can be used for more than just preening.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:44 pm

I think the Thomase article bobh posted pretty much said it all. All I' ll add is flip You Draymond.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:40 pm

gyso wrote:
Matty wrote:    So someone well known for unsportmen like conduct is complaining about words?

He is right, there were kids present.. but id rather every one of those kids  drop the f bomb hourly than play his style of basketball.  Neither may be a good example for a child, but hes the worst of the two.

Matty,

The two who were complaining about words were the coach and Klay.  From BobH's post:

I don't know, there are kids present at every game and from what I've read, the players themselves swear like drunken pirates during the game.  I believe they are focusing on everything but what they need to do to get back to winning.  They are more into whining and being victims of one thing or another.

They don't seem to understand that the more they whine about things like this, the more the Garden fans will carry on even more.

Can't' wait.  cheers

Your right, my bad.

Still, f**** green.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:46 pm

Clearly, I have no idea what I'm talking about.  The great news is, Boston's going to win this thing their way, not mine. Business as usual.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:36 am

Kind of a tough question.

I should say I can curse with the best of them, but like to think I know know the time and place.

It does almost seem to be a societal thing. People drop F-bombs, using them as a verb, and an adjective, sometimes in the same sentence. I've nearly gotten into fights in pubs and restaurants asking someone to tone it down when kids are present.

One great example happened just last night. Our family went to a nice restaurant to celebrate a few events all coming up this week. No one younger than 18 was with us, and everyone has heard a few things before. But after listening to the constant barrage of F-bombs from two of the six at the table next to us, I felt like I had to leave a parting comment. When we got up to leave, I walked over to their table and said 'It's been a F-ing pleasure sitting next to you.' Nothing but six blank stares came back.

Chants or otherwise, maybe it's just a sign of the times and an evolution of sorts. Like I said at the start, I can lay some language out there too, but I guess I consider those who can't control it are showing a lack of intelligence. My two cents anyway.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down