Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss

5 posters

Go down

Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss Empty Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:40 pm

https://heavy.com/sports/boston-celtics/grant-williams-draymond-green-nba-finals/

Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss

By Jack Simone
Updated Jun 18, 2022 at 3:31am

Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss GettyImages-1403370584-e1655537501305
Getty
Draymond Green of the Golden State Warriors and Al Horford of the Boston Celtics.

The Boston Celtics lost to the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals after battling their way back from being a .500 basketball team mid-way through January. Their run was extremely impressive, and although they fell short of their ultimate goal, that does not take away from their amazing achievements.

During Boston’s first set of exit interviews, a few of the team’s young players (and Derrick White) got the chance to reflect on the season. One player, in particular, revealed an interesting story that took place immediately after the Finals wrapped up.

Celtics fan-favorite Grant Williams spoke to the media about Warriors star forward Draymond Green. According to Williams, Green sent the Celtics a very encouraging message after their battle in the Finals.

“For us, it’s just a matter of, he basically just said, ‘you’ll be back. And when you get back, don’t allow the opportunity to slip again. And just continue to improve.’ Not necessarily in those words, but that’s kind of the message I received from him,” Williams stated.

Celtics on NBC Sports Boston
@NBCSCeltics
"He basically just said 'You'll be back and when you get back don't allow the opportunity to slip again'"

Grant Williams on the message Draymond Green gave him after Game 6
https://twitter.com/i/status/1537871383103000579

This NBA Championship marked Green’s fourth Finals victory, while the Celtics waltzed into the big dance with zero combined games of Finals experience. They’ll now have the chance to grow from this experience and build on it.

In addition, Williams talked about how much he idolized Green growing up.

Williams Says He ‘Idolized’ Green Growing Up

The Celtics forward spoke about it before the series, but he doubled down on the matter during his exit interview. He said that Green is a player that he looked up to while he was growing up.

“As I’ve always said, Draymond’s the guy that I always idolized growing up. He’s the ultimate competitor. It’s one of those things, just showing the respect that was deserved. As much as there’s trash talk or as much as we go at it, at the end of the day, we leave it on the court. That’s exactly how both of us are and how both of us play,” said Williams.

Williams and Green got into it on multiple occasions throughout the course of the NBA Finals. In fact, Green’s spat with Williams led to a technical foul in Game 2 of the Finals. However, as Williams noted, they leave that stuff on the court.

Lastly, Williams discussed his great respect for Williams and what the pair spoke about after the game.

Green Instilled ‘Words of Wisdom’ to Williams

According to Williams, the pair exchanged words after the game, but not in the same, trash-talky way they did during the series. Instead, Williams offered Green his congratulations, and Green offered Williams some kind-hearted advice.

“It was a little bit of just congratulations from my end and him instilling those words of wisdom for the future. And you always gotta respect a man like that. He’s a phenomenal guy,” Williams stated.

It’s very clear that both players have a tremendous amount of respect for each other. However, that also won’t stop them from getting into it on the court. That’s just how they play. But when the whistle blows, these two can appreciate what the other brings to the table.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss Empty Re: Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss

Post by Ktron Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:17 pm

Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss 0ff87310

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss Empty Re: Draymond Green Sends Strong Message to Celtics After NBA Finals Loss

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:33 am

Fu(k Draymond Green

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:05 am

I think that Grant Williams doesn't hate Draymond. Grant has much respect for him and would like to emulate Green's game as much as possible.

If that happens, we fans would love it.

Go Grant!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:14 pm

Grant Williams is a class act.

I've got nothing to say about the other guy discussed in this thread.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:03 pm

Draymond plays Basketball by his own set of rules and if you don’t t like it he’ll spit in your face.
He’s a gifted defender and some would stay he’s pretty damn smart.
Yeah, smart enough to play puppet master to every referee in the league.
Smart enough to scare the sh** out of Adam Silver (dont kick him out. Remember 2016? Cant have that happen again. Kick someone else out)

Green runs amuck out there. He doesn’t knock folks on their ass ala Kevin McKale/Robert Parish). He waits until they’re laying or sitting on their ass to land on them like he’s in the WWE or some fked up Rugby league.

It Pisses me off that we let him get away with bullying us when we 4 players on the bench who do nothing and could be used to cause injury to this foul depraved creature. Nope, Didn’t happen.

Another think that really irritates me is the Juvenile act he performs after he’s so lucky to win on a team with much better players.
What does he do every time he’s won?
Gets on twitter and mocks his opponent. Worst he doesn't just  slam the TEAM they just beat. He goes after individuals that have done nothing but try to compete on an intelligent professional level.

He went after Jaylen Brown over his “The energy is about to shift.” Brown wasn’t referring to any player or any team but his very own. Yet this savage decides to make fun of it on twitter AFTER his team one the trophy.

He defaced the Celtic 18 banners T-shirt by writing ‘nope” under the blank banner 18 and then put the T-shirt on. “Look at me. Taint I funny? Naw taint funny McGee.

He later went after another ex teammate, Kevin Durant “waaa waa. Told ya we don't need you. Waa waa waa waaa waa. Why go after an x teammate that openly rooted for your team to beat the Celtics. Why? Bcuz Green is an assH***!
I would say Grow up Green but its too late for that.

Remember when he told Pierce that “You ain’t Kobe. They don't love you like that”? Nobody asked for his opinion but he saw the need to open up his big fat mouth because he’s a Simpleton.
HE HAS NO CLASS!
I will say this. Maybe someone else on this board has seen and heard it but i have never seen or heard a Player on a recently crowned championship team openly disrespect the opponent on an individual basis as he has.
Never. If there’s one i’d like to know who.

Green will never stop talking because now he has a raggedy podcast and signed with TNT. Yeah TNT hires clowns every now and then too.
So suffice it to say, Dragmont ain’t going no where anytime soon. Thank God for other channels and the mute button.

One final thing. I have also never seen a player act anywhere close to as bad as this savage acted and not have it come back on them in the future.

Green will get his sooner or later. I just hope that i’m still able to fog up a mirror and be around to see it.
Until then, I pray to the good lord that he removes this disgusting War Criminal from the public eye. Never to be seen or heard from again.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:47 am

Agree on everything about Green, he’s a real POS.

I remember the Pierce incident, hey Pierce wasn’t claiming to be Kobe, meanwhile he still kicked his ass on the worlds biggest stage.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down