Red Sox legend sends strong message on Jayson Tatum's chances of leading Boston Celtics to Banner 18

3 posters

Go down

Red Sox legend sends strong message on Jayson Tatum's chances of leading Boston Celtics to Banner 18 Empty Red Sox legend sends strong message on Jayson Tatum's chances of leading Boston Celtics to Banner 18

Post by NYCelt Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:14 pm

Good enough for me. I can throw out all the other prognostications by various writers and go with this. I may be a fan of a Red Sox competitor, but I've always liked Ortiz. If Papi says it's so, then it must be so.

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/posts/red-sox-legend-message-jayson-tatum-boston-celtics-banner-18

Red Sox legend sends strong message on Jayson Tatum's chances of leading Boston Celtics to Banner 18

A Red Sox legend sent a strong message on Jayson Tatum's chances to lead the Boston Celtics to a championship.

By Andrew Hughes | Dec 2, 2023

Red Sox legend David Ortiz feels that Jayson Tatum will do the same thing for the Boston Celtics as "Big Papi" and win not only Banner 18, but multiple championships for a city that prided itself on being "title town" but hasn't actually won a thing since Tom Brady left the New England Patriots.

"I might be his No. 1 fan out of all of Boston, I love Jayson," Ortiz said of Tatum (h/t Boston.com). "In fact, yesterday, I signed a jersey for him. (A title) will come. I’m telling you right now, it’s going to happen. It’s not just going to happen one time, it’s going to happen many times because he does nothing but get better."

Ortiz's praise didn't end there.

David Ortiz calls Jayson Tatum 'One of the elite players in the league'
The three-time World Series MVP referred to Tatum as "one of the elite players in the league" in his effusive praise of the potential future NBA MVP.

"He has established himself as one of the elite players in the league," Ortiz continued about Tatum. "He knows what it takes to win, and he also knows where he’s playing at. He knows that the fans are true fans up in Boston, and every time he takes that court, he shows it."

Nikola Jokic has been playing at an untouchable level during the 2023-24 season with averages of 28.6 points, 12.7 rebounds, and 9.6 assists per game as of this writing, so it could be the reigning Finals MVP's race to lose. If the voter fatigue affects Jokic, a former two-time winner, and Joel Embiid, whose 32/11/6.6 averages could put him at the top of the MVP ladder by season's end as well, Tatum stands a chance to win the award this season.

If he never becomes an MVP like Ortiz, Tatum can still deliver on all the other expectations "Big Papi" has of him.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Red Sox legend sends strong message on Jayson Tatum's chances of leading Boston Celtics to Banner 18 Empty Re: Red Sox legend sends strong message on Jayson Tatum's chances of leading Boston Celtics to Banner 18

Post by dbrown4 Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:19 pm

Works for me. Book it, Danno!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Red Sox legend sends strong message on Jayson Tatum's chances of leading Boston Celtics to Banner 18 Empty Re: Red Sox legend sends strong message on Jayson Tatum's chances of leading Boston Celtics to Banner 18

Post by gyso Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:17 pm

I approve this message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down