Go down

Happy Birthday Empty Happy Birthday

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:55 am

Boston Celtics @celtics
about 2 hours ago
Happy birthday @Derrick White ☘🎂🎉

Happy Birthday FWqcomKXoAM5yLT?format=jpg

Bob
MY NOTE:  28 years old today.  Not to rain on his parade but we're about $15M over the cap, he's under contract for this coming year for $17.6M and we just traded for another point guard who started on his previous team.

White's DefRtg in San Antonio averaged 112.  His DefRtg in his semi-season in Boston was 109.  Plugged into a better team, a better defense and his DefRtg reflected that.

Brogdon's DefRtg in 3 years in Milwaukee was 111.  His DefRtg in 3 seasons in Indiana was 115.  This past season in Indy his DefRtg was an absolutely awful 118 but they sucked as a team, especially after they traded away Sabonis.  It is reasonable to assume that Brogdon's DefRtg will come down coming here just like White's did and for the same reason.  A more defensive mindset and playing with better defensive players, but I doubt he'll ever be as good a defender as White. Offensively he's much smoother and effective than White.

Do we need Smart (a starter and DPOY), White (a starter in SAS) and Brogdon (a starter in Milwaukee and Indiana)?  There's $55.6M in just 3 back court players and the salary cap is $123.655M this year, 45%.  

It's just my gut talking but I wouldn't unbuckle my seat belts quite yet. So far Brad the Barterer is looking even more transactional than Trader Danny.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down